Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The BEAST... BMW X6 M pulls 4.3 second 0-60

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-09, 10:04 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Impressive!
Old 10-11-09, 11:08 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry, but though this is quick, it does not make it any less retarded, ugly or pointless. I can appreciate the aggressive look of the X6 in the metal, I can appreciate the brute force.....
This however really does nothing for me, except make me more bitter about M loosing it's core values.
Old 10-11-09, 11:15 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

M was always about cutting edge performance in it's bracket. Not about aesthetics. To that this excels. Most here are not or could not be in the market for such a vehicle. If you were shopping for an SUV yet wanted to retain a level of youth, your options are limited.

What would be nice would be if we could only allow postings on specific vehicles which a person would be qualified to purchase the vehicle. This would separate the gibberish from the real points from those that are actually interested.
Old 10-11-09, 11:29 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
M was always about cutting edge performance in it's bracket. Not about aesthetics. To that this excels. Most here are not or could not be in the market for such a vehicle. If you were shopping for an SUV yet wanted to retain a level of youth, your options are limited.

What would be nice would be if we could only allow postings on specific vehicles which a person would be qualified to purchase the vehicle. This would separate the gibberish from the real points from those that are actually interested.
What? You can't possibly be serious. So I can't express my opinion now?

hahahahahahaha rofl. Wow.

p.s. When I buy an SUV, it will be a Range rover (sport if I want to have a **** measuring contest ), or an LX.... a proper SUV.
Old 10-11-09, 11:34 AM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

My god, the post of a genius
Old 10-11-09, 11:41 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MR_F1
What? You can't possibly be serious. So I can't express my opinion now?

hahahahahahaha rofl. Wow.

p.s. When I buy an SUV, it will be a Range rover (sport if I want to have a **** measuring contest ), or an LX.... a proper SUV.
Not at all, the point was, threads are so mixed with points of view from those that cannot afford, or not interested in that particular segment that many opinions are gibberish to begin with.

If I were interested in purchasing this vehicle, I would like to hear real valid points from others in my same position and would value their opinion more than someone looking to purchase a GS or Civic. Hope that clears it up a little.

This gives a genuine impression of the actual vehicle itself and offers more value. That's all.

Old 10-11-09, 11:54 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Not at all, the point was, threads are so mixed with points of view from those that cannot afford, or not interested in that particular segment that many opinions are gibberish to begin with.

If I were interested in purchasing this vehicle, I would like to hear real valid points from others in my same position and would value their opinion more than someone looking to purchase a GS or Civic. Hope that clears it up a little.

This gives a genuine impression of the actual vehicle itself and offers more value. That's all.

Excuse me, are you trying to be condescending and imply that I can't afford an X6 M?

I'm not in the market for one because I find it completely retarded. That is a valid point.

And this coming from a mod? Just wow

Yet hardly anything is ever said to the trolls who come on here and rag on Lexus vehicles. This is just incredible.
Old 10-11-09, 12:46 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

"I'm not in the market for one because I find it completely retarded"

that really does say enough in itself. My points are very easy to understand and I do not feel I need to clarify them again to you.

if you do not agree with them, so be it.
Old 10-11-09, 01:40 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

POST OF THE YEAR!!
Old 10-11-09, 01:58 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
POST OF THE YEAR!!
Originally Posted by FKL
My god, the post of a genius
Of course two of the biggest trolls on CL would think that.
Old 10-11-09, 02:02 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Of course two of the biggest trolls on CL would think that.
Sorry, but I am no troll. I've been on CL longer than you, local community organizer (not in the Obama sense ), informative posts to help others, owns a Lexus.. How about you?
Old 10-11-09, 02:58 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Let's get back to topic......the X6M.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
And this is why I respect BMW and have to laugh at Acura. BMW creates the segment and offers the options and more importantly THE ENGINES to back up their coupe SUV claim. They do big and brash but back it up with big and brash power. Acura instead makes a knock-off, their vehicles look even bigger and brasher than BMW now but offers the same weak sauce engine(s). You just have to applaud BMW for backing their aggressive looks WITH OPTIONAL power.
OK, Mike, but even aside from the options and power issues, how does BMW think it is going to sell the X6M in the American market (with some of them going for 100K+), when they can't even sell the regular X6 line? Even in the car-rich, high-income D.C. area, I think I can only remember seeing two X6s on local roads here since it was introduced. I haven't gotten any review requests either....which is unusual for a BMW.
Old 10-11-09, 03:56 PM
LexFather

Completely inappropriate comments.

Closed

Shall we have people post vin numbers and tax returns to join?

How many times have we seen people with wealth and no knowledge?

I've been at the drag strip offline . This will b addressed