Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

BMW Coupe Concept to debut at Frankfurt

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-09, 08:12 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps a mod could change the title of this thread to "BMW Coupe Concept to debut at Frankfurt" (or something similar)
Old 08-10-09, 08:51 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by speedflex
If that's what we're in store for then ISICKLEX is right. That there is bat-face ugly.
lmfao!!! That is actually pretty damn close

Old 08-10-09, 11:20 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Wow, never though I'd find myself defending BMW, but at least they are doing something insted of talking and releasing exciting cars.

Knowing BMW, they will release a super car before LF-A comes out.
Care to wager on that Och?

Furthermore, I don't hear Lexus doing much talking, more so enthusiast and the press are doing the talking for them. At least they (we) have something to talk about.

Seeing now that it will be a 4 door car that is being debuted, anything else to add in BMW's [more so, M's] defense?

Man I'd kill to see a well put together 8 or an M1 again..... instead they continue to feed us with another "WTF" vehicle.
Old 08-10-09, 10:05 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

MPLexus301 ...
[x]
[x]
Old 08-11-09, 08:15 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
Wow, never though I'd find myself defending BMW, but at least they are doing something insted of talking and releasing exciting cars.

Knowing BMW, they will release a super car before LF-A comes out.
I never thought somebody would be actually defending BMW in this case. Have you actually SEEN a supercar from BMW yet? NO. Has BMW even confirmed such a car for production? NO.

The LFA is already CONFIRMED by Toyota. Look it up.

BMW is doing NOTHING BUT talking right now. Knowing BMW, let's see: they've pulled out of F1 just because they are sore losers and have had one bad season. They continue to unveil new models that are extremely niche products and that nobody asked for. BMW keeps talking about a super sports-car, but they have nothing to show for it at the moment.

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Care to wager on that Och?

Furthermore, I don't hear Lexus doing much talking, more so enthusiast and the press are doing the talking for them. At least they (we) have something to talk about.

Seeing now that it will be a 4 door car that is being debuted, anything else to add in BMW's [more so, M's] defense?

Man I'd kill to see a well put together 8 or an M1 again..... instead they continue to feed us with another "WTF" vehicle.
+1.

This BMW concept is HIDEOUS. Once again, BMW brings us an answer to a question NOBODY asked. This is not progress or moving the industry forward. This is simply making something different just for the sake of being different. I hope BMW struggles in the next few years and that Audi and Benz get stronger so maybe it will knock some sense into BMW.

BMW will soon have a problem that Benz had years ago; too many ridiculous niche models that overlap each other and cannibalize each other diluting the brand.

I am also personally getting very tired of extremely high belt-lines and super-small window areas.
Old 08-11-09, 01:37 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Remember how much everyone was against Bangle ...
Old 08-11-09, 01:59 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Faymester
Remember how much everyone was against Bangle ...
Out of the frying pan into the fire. My God. I am going to go put an E46 M3, a current gen M6, and 545 in a hermetically sealed ware house, for when BMW completely looses the script.