Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

$70 million Lexus of North Miami opens with spa, salon, gym, zen room...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-09, 12:02 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool $70 million Lexus of North Miami opens with spa, salon, gym, zen room...

CBS News video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1ret...layer_embedded

North Miami Lexus dealer piles on the perks
A North Miami luxury car dealer aims to entice customers with what may be the most expensive dealership ever built in South Florida.
PATRICK DANNER
pdanner@MiamiHerald.com

At the new Lexus of North Miami, customers can get their teeth brightened while their tires are rotated.

Haircuts, manicures, workout sessions -- even boutique shopping -- are available at the country's largest Lexus store under a single roof.

''I think it's great,'' said Evalina Bestman, a Miami psychologist, who stopped in Monday for a manicure while mechanics tried to pinpoint a problem with one of her car windows. 'Ordinarily I'd come in, get a loaner and leave. I said, ``Why not relax this morning, rather just rush out.' ''

The unexpected amenities are designed to entice customers into the showroom at a time when the car market faces the most difficult challenges in a quarter-century.

''It's trying to create an experience no one can match,'' said dealership owner Craig Zinn. ``The whole key to being a success in today's marketplace is taking care of that customer after they buy the car.''

The dealership, which celebrates its formal opening Tuesday, measures about one million square feet. At a cost of nearly $70 million, it also likely rates as the most expensive ever built in South Florida.

Some of that money went into facilities to pamper customers. At the salon, women can have their hair styled or their make-up done. Customers can relax in the ''Zen room'' -- complete with a waterfall machine -- or get a massage.

And for those who just want a beverage and a snack, the dealership has a cafe and a juice bar. While the dealership charges for some services, use of most facilities is free. [...]
http://www.miamiherald.com/134/story/1140357.html
http://cbs4.com/business/Lexus.North...2.1084964.html
http://www.lexusofnorthmiami.com/

Wow, all I can say is, with the difficult economy, the owner has tremendous confidence to built a 'Taj Mahal' dealership like this. And having experienced the superb service of Lexus Japan dealerships, it's interesting to see that Lexus USA comes up with phenomenal amenities of their own, particularly with their massive new dealerships. Toyota corporate did provide the $70 million loan to finance this facility, so I assume their business plan sees them recouping this startup cost.
Attached Thumbnails  million Lexus of North Miami opens with spa, salon, gym, zen room...-lexus-of-north-miami1-front.jpg    million Lexus of North Miami opens with spa, salon, gym, zen room...-lexus-of-north-miami2-inside.jpg  
Old 07-16-09, 12:23 AM
LexFather

I think its fantastic. Remember when we were asked "what could Lexus dealers do to upgrade themselves"? Lexus started the dealer pampering but after nearly 2 decades, coffee and cake no longer cuts it.

I would love to see one like that here!

Old 07-16-09, 12:27 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely rediculous. I can't believe corporate Toyota would allow this.

This just means higher prices and more service being pushed onto the consumer to pay for this stuid $70 million dollar building.

Not once in the youtube video did they talk about Lexus cars.

So much for prestige when you have 2000 Lexus cars sitting on the lot.

Lexus should focus the cars and not these stealerships.
Old 07-16-09, 12:37 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

As much as I wonder about the $70 million dollar price tag, I don't think that making a lavish dealership and focus on cars are mutually exclusive. For one, the money is a loan from Toyota USA, which is the sales arm, not the vehicle R&D in Japan. If anything, this is an add-on to the services and amenities for the vaunted 'Lexus ownership experience.' Now as for the cost, I'd like to know how much the service prices run for this facility. If I can get a haircut, free lunch, juice drink, and use of the other spa/relaxation facilities, is it worth an extra $50? How substantial is the markup?

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I would love to see one like that here!
Here in SoCal, we have a plethora of dealerships with differing amenities, I wonder which would come closest to this spa-like dealership.
Old 07-16-09, 12:39 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I have to agree with you and disagree with you. I think its a little over the top to be honest, but it would be nice to indulge in it. The dealerships in phoenix are all mostly new. WE dont have nail salons, but we have the food lounge area, putting area, kids area, and a TV area. Does the trick for me.
Old 07-16-09, 12:41 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by pagemaster

This just means higher prices and more service being pushed onto the consumer to pay for this stuid $70 million dollar building.

As someone that gets dealer service and has all intentions of having his G/F get a Lexus next year, this would be great. THough every ATL dealer is either new or recently renovated so it won't be happening.

This facility can also save people trips to go for services they might otherwise go elsewhere.

''It's trying to create an experience no one can match,'' said dealership owner Craig Zinn. ``The whole key to being a success in today's marketplace is taking care of that customer after they buy the car.''

While this might not sway a BMW or Benz buyer it makes Lincoln, Acura, Infinit, Caddy dealers look like old Kia ones.

Old 07-16-09, 04:25 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's quite impressive. What strikes me as impressive is that the entire dealership is under one roof. As my employer, I can tell you, Craig Zinn is without a doubt, one of the best automotive businesses to work for.
Old 07-16-09, 05:22 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pagemaster

Are you really this negative off the internet too? If so, I want your autograph!
Old 07-16-09, 05:52 AM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

What about men? These amenities are for women. They should build a game room or a strip club.
Old 07-16-09, 06:21 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

I can't wait for the meet there this weekend!
Old 07-16-09, 12:27 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by D.Jobin
I can't wait for the meet there this weekend!
Hope you enjoy the dealership!
Old 07-16-09, 12:32 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Guess who is paying for all these supposely free service.
Old 07-16-09, 02:03 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Guess who is paying for all these supposely free service.

oil change $150.
tire rotation $200

car wash $60

pay to play haha

no really. what are the prices?

What the owner said does make sense though. If oil change prices were equal, I'd rather give my $$$ to north miami.
Old 07-16-09, 02:15 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang nice dealership wish we had one.
Old 07-16-09, 02:22 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Originally Posted by TLe2006
What about men? These amenities are for women. They should build a game room or a strip club.
Lexus are for chicks that's why they only cater to them.

Quick Reply: $70 million Lexus of North Miami opens with spa, salon, gym, zen room...