Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Porsche Panamera shatters CTS-V record at the Nurburgring

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-09, 07:43 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
ring times are becoming a ridiculous fad.

i have no respect for Nissan lapping the ring 1232134 times just to shave a few seconds.
After that much practice, anyone can shave 4 seconds by luck.

it's like a ***** pump. pump a little more, and you might eek out an extra 1mm.
what does that say about you though?
But all the sports are this way. A professional swimmer has to train, practice, wearing those tight suits to streamline his body, adjusting his jumping off the platform time, finetuning the way he/she swims, and all the necessary means to shave off a few tenths of a second in order to break records. If the other automaker has a car that has the potential to break GTR's time, then their driver could practice in the lap for a thousand times and all he needs is one out of this thousand times to rewrite the record.
Old 07-12-09, 02:46 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Thats all it takes. One hot lap and boom you make history. I have heard that some companies will pay some of these drivers thousands of dollars an hour to attempt to break these records
Old 07-12-09, 07:04 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would take the Caddy over this lowered stretched Porshe Cayenne.
Old 07-12-09, 08:33 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I would take the Caddy over this lowered stretched Porshe Cayenne.
Except this car isn't a lowered, stretched Cayenne.... I stated it since day one this car will change what we thought a sports sedan was. Nothing will compare to it from an overall view. One of the reasons its so costly.
Dimensions
Length: 195.7 inches [3 inches shorter]

Width: 75.6 inches [1 inch wider]

Height: 55.8 inches [1 inch shorter]

Wheelbase: 115.2 inches

Its not small car.
S-3950 lbs
4S-4101 lbs
Turbo- 4450 lbs

The Turbo is weighty, the 4S weight is very comparable to others and better than most. The S is literally a lightweight considering its size.

The hood, roof, hatch lid, front/rear subframes, front fenders, doors, rear seat back rest are all aluminum. All suspension parts except the anti-roll bars are made from aluminum.

They deleted steel from strut towers and fenderliners act as barriers. There were holes cut into the strut tower bracing to save weight.

The frame is steel (75% of the mass is from the steel) but all removeable body panels are aluminum.

Each door window frame, front radiator carrieer. is composed of magnesium alloy. The 4 zone climate control uses one central unit to save weight.

Old 07-18-09, 01:55 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

here's a nice test drive...
http://www.autocar.co.uk/VideosWallp...=240963&Page=2

looks kinda strange and huge... don't like the hatch aspect of the car... give me CLS63, E63, M5...
Old 07-18-09, 08:13 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 584 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Except this car isn't a lowered, stretched Cayenne.... I stated it since day one this car will change what we thought a sports sedan was. Nothing will compare to it from an overall view. One of the reasons its so costly.
Dimensions
Length: 195.7 inches [3 inches shorter]

Width: 75.6 inches [1 inch wider]

Height: 55.8 inches [1 inch shorter]

Wheelbase: 115.2 inches

Its not small car.
S-3950 lbs
4S-4101 lbs
Turbo- 4450 lbs

The Turbo is weighty, the 4S weight is very comparable to others and better than most. The S is literally a lightweight considering its size.

The hood, roof, hatch lid, front/rear subframes, front fenders, doors, rear seat back rest are all aluminum. All suspension parts except the anti-roll bars are made from aluminum.

They deleted steel from strut towers and fenderliners act as barriers. There were holes cut into the strut tower bracing to save weight.

The frame is steel (75% of the mass is from the steel) but all removeable body panels are aluminum.

Each door window frame, front radiator carrieer. is composed of magnesium alloy. The 4 zone climate control uses one central unit to save weight.
If only it were a little...prettier
Old 07-18-09, 10:47 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

This accomplishment of beating the CTS-V will help to sell a few more of these ugly as cars. I love the interior of the panamera but the exterior leaves much to be desired