Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

•••insurance Problem/help•••

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-08, 12:32 PM
JUST IS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default •••insurance Problem/help•••

Well everything was going nice today until I got a call from Geico. (problem 1) They told me that they would no longer cover my car after my renewal because of the modifications I have done. I only had the car, sound system and wheels covered which was fine with them before. When I called sometime in November of 07, I wanted to add my bodykit and BBK and of course I figured I was going to have to pay the difference. (problem 2) Well I am sure having to pay the difference now! After 9 years of being with them, they now are saying that I need to find an insurance broker who can get me a "Stated Value Insurance Policy". I was like excuse me WTF you talking about!?

So I wanted to know if there is anyone in this community that has gone through the same thing and has a "Stated Value Insurance Policy" where can I get one, what payments am I looking at spending a month. Just some help....

Pre-Thanks
Old 01-24-08, 02:03 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too bad you are not local, I am an insurance agent and I can insure you.
I am insuring my GS for an extra 25K.
Old 01-24-08, 05:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

go with farmers or statefarm. i have been with both and they insure all my parts
Old 01-24-08, 05:30 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Did a representative from GEICO actually LOOK at your car, and did you show him/her exactly what parts were altered? Perhaps they might reconsider if the modifications are not as strong as they thought...after all, their cancellation was done by phone, not in person.

In fact, you can call them right now if you want, and set up an appointment.
1-800-841-3000. They are open 24 hours a day for customer service....and a representative will take your call anytime, anywhere. You can also appeal a cancellation to a supervisor, a zone manager, and even upper management. A GEICO Vice-President, personally, over the phone, approved my first policy with GEICO, in 1982 (I had a dispute with the service rep over the policy price).........and I've been with them ever since.

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-24-08 at 05:36 PM.