Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Teen Who Hit SUV With Eggs Slain

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-06, 08:15 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by UberNoob
but i guess it is to be expected to get shot in a country where guns are almost everywhere
no offense to you all
None taken but I'd rather everyone had guns instead of just criminals.
Old 12-07-06, 08:22 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
None taken but I'd rather everyone had guns instead of just criminals.
I agree 100%. You can outlaw guns, but criminals will still figure out ways to obtain one. Guns can take lives, such as the case here, but it can also save them.
Old 12-07-06, 09:55 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Yup, shootings in Germany, Scotland, Netherlands, and yes, Canada too in recent years make it clear the criminals can still get guns and, oh goodie, have nothing to fear from the public.
Old 12-07-06, 10:15 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would LOVE to live my life without ever having to experience shooting (and possibly killing) another human. I do value the freedom to protect myself and the ones I care about most if need be though. When criminals have guns the only protection for their "possible" victims is to allow them the same privilege. My G/f from Canada completely disagrees with me though.
Old 12-08-06, 11:28 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by UberNoob
thats different
nowadays there is enough education out there that tells ppl that if they eat a lot of fatty foods, they will get heart disease and it has lethal consequences

but who wouldve thought egging a car would have lethal consequences
no body
but i guess it is to be expected to get shot in a country where guns are almost everywhere
no offense to you all
just that some ppl are too trigger happy
Getting killed as a response to egging a car isn't exactly what many people would expect. Depends on the neighborhood. There are places where you can get shot for a lot less. A friend of mine went exploring on some fire roads in Mendocino county (literally way out in the woods) and had an M-16 aimed at him after rounding the wrong turn. Well, it didn't seem like the wrong turn until that M-16 was in his face. It would have been very easy for him and his wife to disappear forever that day. He managed to talk his way out of it.

As I said earlier, some very innocent people get killed for far less, every day.

And sure, it would be great if there were no firearms, but that isn't happening any time soon. Way too many AK's out there left over from the Cold War. Education and mercantilism will be our only path to safety. No merchant wants to kill customers!
Old 12-09-06, 04:26 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh yeah there is no way im suggesting that banning guns is the way to go

the problem lies within the education like u said
but giving ppl easier access to guns do encourage them to take matter into their own hands and that people dont have very good judgments can go ahead and execute ppl if they like too...

it is the last line of my previous post that is the cause for most of the gun related violation... ppl are just too trigger happy

we cant stop organized crime from getting guns and doing their business
but we should try to prevent people that dont make very good decisions from getting a gun in the first place
make gun sales harder
make them take some proper exam to test out their IQ and EQ before giving them a gun license and educate them on the responsibilities of owning a gun