Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What annoys you most about..

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-06, 08:05 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What annoys you most about..

..other drivers on the road? Could it be how some switch lanes w/o signaling? How they merge into your lane while your doing 70mph and their doing 50? I'll start off...

1. Hit their windshield wiper fluid while driving and demolish your super clean car & spotless windshield!
*It always happens AFTER I just finish detailing the car It seems like they do it on purpose sometimes too!

2. In traffic I dislike it when people have their signal on and start to merge into your lane ever so slowly like they own that lane!

3. Flick their cigs out the window and they blow up on your hood or front bumper..

What annoys you?
Old 11-08-06, 08:19 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

It's the granny driving the 1996 Buick LeSabre doing 55 in the fast lane on the freeway with her left turn signal on... AAAARRGGHHH!!!

Javier
Old 11-08-06, 08:20 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

moved? oh well...
Old 11-08-06, 08:22 PM
ninous26
Driver

Slow drivers. People in the highway driving slow. People who dont move for you on the highway. non signaling people, tailgating, when your behind someone whos going slow and u switch lanes then they speed up so they are infront. I had a situation like that, in a rental 07 focus (slow POS) that mother ***** pissed me off so bad when he did that, we kept going neck and neck into the 90 mph range then he back off and I went in his lane. I never do that in the city full of cars, its just that no one has pissed me off so much before on the road like that.
Old 11-09-06, 08:24 AM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

people that double park like they own the road pissis me off so much that i have to take the long way home just to avoid it.

pedestrians that think they can just walk out whenever they want even when its not clear to walk yet.

kids that race up and down the highway. changing multiple lanes without signaling.

all of the above.
Old 11-09-06, 09:26 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't stand the turds who have all the burned out brake lights and headlights. MAINTAIN YOUR VEHICLE!!!!

Anyone who smokes while driving in front of me (with their window open) could get a bullet in the head and I wouldn't care. I can smell the smoke in my car in traffic and it annoys me to no end - and it's even worse when I'm on my motorcycle.

Yes - I'm angry.
Old 11-09-06, 10:02 AM
ferdinan
Rookie

I use the HOV lane every morning on my way to work and on my way home. I can list so many things is not even fun.

Non carpool cars during carpool hours. The irritating part is that a lot of them tailgate you, add the fact that I barely see a CHP car at all. Actually to be honest, between the hours of 7:00 A.M. to 8:00 A.M. I have not seen a CHP car for the last 8 weeks in I-80 going West.

I have noticed that people driving hybrid cars have the tendency to drive slow. Sometimes to the point that the non carpool lanes move relatively faster. This causes all other carpool drivers to switch lanes making matters worst, I’ll have to say sometimes the closest car in the carpool lane is like a mile away.

In general:

Woman putting make up, talking on the cell phone and having coffee simultaneously.

Drivers tailgating even when the car ahead is already doing 80 to 85 MPH. I mean how much faster can they go?

Drivers that block intersections during traffic, they know they are not going to have enough room to completely cross the intersection and they know the light will change to red but still they still want to cross the freaking intersection. The worst part is that if you honk they flip you off. I wish I had a bazooka at that time.
Old 11-09-06, 10:18 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Slow Drivers in Left Lane

Haters that speed up so I can't merge not a problem when I drive the SC though ha ha

Lost and Nervous Drivers that tap brakes every 2 seconds for no **** reason on a one lane road.

Bastards that won't fix a broken low beam and drive with high beams on.....
Old 11-09-06, 10:20 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People who drive slow until you go to pass them and then get their egos bruised and speed up making you have to speed excessively just to get around them and then they stay on your tail like you were an *** for pulling in front of them when in reality their dumbasses would still be lumbering along slowly if you hadn't passed them and hurt their feelings.

Also, similarly, people who drive in the left lane on the highway or freeway and mirror the speed of traffic to their right, or worse yet go slower than the traffic to their right. If you are in the left lane you need to, IMO, be going at least 4-5 mph faster than the traffic to your right so that you are actively passing them, and then get over when you get a chance.
But usually these people who do go slow in the left lane when they finally get over they speed up. It's the most retarded thing ever - it's like subconsciously they wanted to slow everyone else down and when they finally are pressured into getting over they want to keep people from passing them... so when they do this I have to speed up substantially to pass them on the left before they get back over and slow down causing me to wait for them to get over again!!

So yeah, people who go slow in the left lane are bad enough but the people who, when they finally get over, speed up, **** me off to no end.

Oh and lastly, if I am in the left lane passing somebody and you are behind me and I get over in the right lane after passing them, and maintain my speed.. please pass me quickly enough to where I don't have to hit my brakes because of the car I'm approaching in the right lane. People act like they're all in a hurry until they finally get to the front of the pack of the left lane and then they take their sweet time to pass those who got over for them, causing those nice law-abiding people to get stuck in the right lane waiting for the others to hurry up and pass.

I guess that means my primary pet peeve is people who make no sense with their speeds and lane usage in general.

Then again I'm so **** about it that I use my cruise control at almost every opportunity.
Old 11-09-06, 11:27 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

- Windshield wiper people
- Slow drivers in the left lanes who refuse to let you pass
- Hybrid drivers who think they're God's gift to man
- People who automatically think because they signal they can turn or switch lanes with no regard to people they are cutting off or traffic they are blocking
- People who continuously tap their brakes
- Retarded individuals who cut in and out of lanes continuously
- People who refuse to let you in a lane while merging
- People who get into my lane only to drive slow or as fast as the previous lane they were in
- Drivers that have no clue where they are going but do not pull over to figure it out rather they drive 10 mph in a 35 zone so they can figure it out as they go

That's all I can think of at the moment, I am sure there is more though.
Old 11-09-06, 11:48 AM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Humm, I'm pretty much opposite from most of you guys...I get HATE tailgaters...driving faster to prove that you have a bigger package in the pants isn't worth getting a ticket over.

For the most part - trucks and other LEXUS's are the ones who tailgates me...It almost seems that they see the ES as pos not deserving to be called LEXUS. Most of them seems to be spoiled little kids.

Well that's my grievances. Bash me all you want - but deep inside most of you know its true.
Old 11-09-06, 11:58 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

There was a traffic jam today on my way back from lunch with the right lane wide open because 1/3 a mile further down the road you either had to get on the highway or merge over into the other two (packed full) lanes. Some a-holes would zoom up the right lane knowing full well that they should have gotten in line with everybody else, and then stop with their blinker on right before the highway on ramp, not only trying to cut in line, but forcing those who actually wanted to get on the highway on ramp to sit there and wait for them to be able to merge.

I thought of this thread.

So when I got up toward the area where people were trying to merge I flat out blocked three of those bastards from getting in - some fat ghetto looking woman, some young army guy, and a middle age business man - every last one of them looked at me all pissed off when I blocked their entry and I cursed at them and told them they knew damn well they belonged at the back of the line and they weren't more important than anyone else.

Of course they all managed to get in line another car or two behind me but still, I felt better having at least made a point to them.
Old 11-09-06, 12:01 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vin 78
Humm, I'm pretty much opposite from most of you guys...I get HATE tailgaters...driving faster to prove that you have a bigger package in the pants isn't worth getting a ticket over.

For the most part - trucks and other LEXUS's are the ones who tailgates me...It almost seems that they see the ES as pos not deserving to be called LEXUS. Most of them seems to be spoiled little kids.

Well that's my grievances. Bash me all you want - but deep inside most of you know its true.
If you have mostly Lexus cars tail gating you then I suspect it's either just by chance, or just because you notice/recognize it more when it's a Lexus than when it's another brand of car.

I don't think the average person, even the average lexus owner, knows or care much about the difference in the different models, so I doubt they're thinking

"That damn ES is just a Camry chassis and motor with a little nicer interior... that pisses me off, I'm going to tailgate them to show them who's boss"

I think you're just paranoid.
Old 11-09-06, 12:13 PM
2IS 'R' US
Lead Lap

People who drive slow in the left lane

nough said
Old 11-09-06, 12:42 PM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Threxx
If you have mostly Lexus cars tail gating you then I suspect it's either just by chance, or just because you notice/recognize it more when it's a Lexus than when it's another brand of car.

I don't think the average person, even the average lexus owner, knows or care much about the difference in the different models, so I doubt they're thinking

"That damn ES is just a Camry chassis and motor with a little nicer interior... that pisses me off, I'm going to tailgate them to show them who's boss"

I think you're just paranoid.
There may be some truth behind that, but its seems a lot of IS's seem to be "up my a$$" all the time...damn kids!
I even removed my rear view mirror to avoid being provoked into gunning it - hey I haven't gotten a ticket in at least 4 years (knock on wood) now.

Quick Reply: What annoys you most about..