Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Audi offers US Buyers European Delivery in Ingolstadt

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-06, 08:29 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Audi offers US Buyers European Delivery in Ingolstadt

Audi has been investing heavily into "the Audi experience", creating a brand identity revolving around and beyond its products. Now the company has joined the league of luxury automakers that offers a European delivery program.

European delivery programs offered by German and Swedish carmakers allow North American customers to fly to the factory in Europe to take delivery of their car personally. The option can save several thousand dollars off the price of the car, more than enough to pay for the trip. While there, customers can tour the factory, then drive their car around Europe before having it shipped back to North America. You get a cheap vacation in Europe and a cheaper car. In launching their own program, Audi joins Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Saab and Volvo in offering their customers the package.

Audi delivery starts at the Audi Forum showroom near the factory in Ingolstadt, Germany. In addition to receiving their new wheels in person directly from the factory, customers can tour the assembly line, the factory museum and other attractions at Audi HQ. The best part is you get to see what your new wheels can do flat out on the Autobahn!
More : CLICK HERE

source : autoblog
Old 10-15-06, 08:39 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Thats pretty awsome. Good for them.

Hmmm...would be nice to see something like this from Lexus. I want a discount and trip to Japan.
Old 10-16-06, 06:34 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You pay extra for the Porsche experience. Not sure if all the others mentioned are discounted or not, but for sure BMW and I believe MB are.
Old 10-16-06, 06:41 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

I wonder if some European BMW and Mercedes customers come here to Spartanburg, SC, or Tuscaloosa, AL to pick up THEIR new vehicles. Hey, they'll get a free Southern vacation with some great Southern meals......grits, corn bread, succotash, fried chicken, ham, collard greens......the works.
Old 10-16-06, 06:44 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Of course, not all Audis are built at Ingolstadt, either. The TT, for example, is built in Hungary.....partly to get around the high price of German labor.
Old 10-16-06, 06:49 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 164 Likes on 140 Posts

We thought about doing this with MB once, since we used to go to Europe for our summers (that is how I started to learn German).

I wish Lexus could do this. Even a trip up to Canada for an RX would be excellent, as Canada is a beautiful country I would like to see more of. Unfortunately, I want to see how long I can keep my RX going.

Japan would be nice, too, but driving around may be trickier given the traffic patterns there. Still a factory tour and visiting that wonderful country would be nice, too.