Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

So I Went to Taste of Lexus Event yesterday *some pics*

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-06, 08:18 AM
saleem
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I Went to Taste of Lexus Event yesterday *some pics*

I had a BLAST at the Taste of Lexus Event here at the Arlington Racecourse. Everything was perfect, the food, the cars the whole atmosphere. Weather didnt put too much of a spin on things. It was raining early in the morning when I left home. The day was mostly cloudy and breezy. I was one of the first ones there at around 9am . They give you these passes with your names on em so you can drive all the cars. They tell you a bit about the facility where everything is and let you go have fun. I have to say I havent felt this giddy in a while. I was like a little boy let loose at a candy store . I drove pretty much every car that was there. The IS250,350 the super high performance GS450h. The new GS350 sedan, the SC430 and the RX suv's. The IS350 is a ROCKET ! that car is unbelievable. It drives as if its a two door high performance sports car. I felt it was just as much fun as rocking the 350z around. The cool thing about the event was they had a really nice slalom autocross style course setup and they let you drive by yourself and punch it as hard as you want as long as you dont hit the cones. I was like this as soon as I took off the line like a bat out of hell in the IS350. This is actually the FIRST Lexus where it makes a THROATY sound out of the exhaust. The handling and brakes I thought were FANTASTIC. This car is totally on par if not better than the new 3 series or any other sports car out there in its class. I found myself many times that I drove the car squealing the tires through the turns. I actually had the rear end loose towards the end of the course . The VDIM is actually not as intrusive as one would think. If anything I think it WILL save your life because this car is FAST and you WILL find yourself in tight situations if you push this car, which is very easy to do . The 250 is very similar but it doesnt have the similar torque with the smaller motor it makes power more on the top end of its power curve. Still is a very stout machine. I actually found the 250 to be very easy to drive fast through the corners where as the 350 I had to watch myself not to brake too hard or loose control entering the corners. The most deceiving car I have driven is the GS450H it looks like your average big body sedan. You would think its gonna be a little difficult to drive fast around a slalom course. But boy was I wrong, that car felt just as nimble and actually quicker than the IS350. The new interiors on the Lexus line is just perfect. Simple yet elegant and very intuitive buttons and controls. I actually had the opportunity to drive the 7 series BMW at the event also. It has to be perhaps the most complicated car I have ever seen in my life. I got in and had to fiddle around looking for how to put the car in drive so I can go. Overall I found myself driving the IS350 atleast fifteen times the food was Excellent and the whole event was FREE !

OH BTW the new LS is a MASTERPIECE eventhough I didnt get the chance to drive it. I sat in the rear seats and got my massage groove on. I didnt wanna get out of the car. lol

Old 09-25-06, 08:20 AM
saleem
Pole Position

Here are a few more pics. I love the new IS cars it was my first opportunity to drive em . They had FOUR IS'S at the event to drive that was suprisingly the quickest line at the event.

Old 09-25-06, 09:15 AM
KneeShoe00
Lexus Test Driver

cool pics.
Old 09-25-06, 09:50 AM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

you luck son of a ...
Old 09-25-06, 12:08 PM
robertito
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Paragraph breaks would help.
Old 09-25-06, 01:44 PM
saleem
Pole Position

To sum it up this is how I felt when hammering the IS350
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0JgQAOtQhr0
Old 09-25-06, 01:44 PM
saleem
Pole Position

Originally Posted by iasc300
you luck son of a ...
hehehehehhehe
Old 09-25-06, 08:05 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pics nice to see they had IS's with various options on them.
Old 09-25-06, 08:16 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
I agree, it's nice to see those ISPs and G-spiders. I hope when I go this weekend they are the same cars.
Old 09-25-06, 11:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
well to me i call that smart marketing
Old 09-26-06, 03:29 AM
saleem
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
well to me i call that smart marketing
they had a red one , the grey one, the black one with the special gray wheels and the white one. I rocked em all some cars I noticed didnt have rear sunshade. BTW all the cars were BRAND NEW they had like around less than FIFTY miles on the odometer.
Old 09-26-06, 07:58 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

time to buy a IS350 now, which is what I did after I drove the IS350 at last years event
Old 09-26-06, 09:15 AM
saleem
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
time to buy a IS350 now, which is what I did after I drove the IS350 at last years event
Not quite yet but its very tempting . Very tempting I tell ya. Im waiting to see if they make a coupe for next year. I might just do it . I so love this car. Its beyond my expectations.