Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ok about this Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-06, 07:33 AM
Milla...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok about this Mini...

Well my friends recently went out of town and they let me keep their mini for the two weeks (very nice of them to help me out with my decision) anywho my first trip in it was down to San Diego (yes I asked first it is a brand new car), but about half way down there my legs and lower back begain to kill me ( I do not have back and leg issues by the way) I would shift and readjust the seat and shift again and readjust the seat etc and I could not find any relief, anyway I made it there took care of some business did a little shopping etc. The pain went away after walking around shopping and what not. On the way back same thing, I could not wait to get out of the thing, something with the seats in there really does something to my lower back and legs, this is surely not a long road trip car. This is really to bad because I really like this car its fun its zippy and attractive to me, but I believe for the next week and a half this car will sit in my garage until they get back. Dang it there goes that idea. I must thank them for saving me the hassle though. Shoot!
Old 02-15-06, 07:48 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 202 Likes on 135 Posts

That little car is a blast , I' ve driven it, but not for a long trip of course, too bad you're not comfortable in it, I doubt I will be in a long trip too LOL .
So what other choices is in your mind ?
Old 02-15-06, 08:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

haha guess you are used to big cars like the lx and a8? i have never driven the mini before, but i have heard it's a great fun car. i don't expect to find superb comfort in it though, of course
Old 02-15-06, 08:59 AM
Milla...

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
That little car is a blast , I' ve driven it, but not for a long trip of course, too bad you're not comfortable in it, I doubt I will be in a long trip too LOL .
So what other choices is in your mind ?
Yes the car was surely one of the most funnest (funnest ha) cars I've driven.

You know it could just be me because I haven't heard any other complaints from others at least not yet, as time goes by I'll ask my friends if they experience the same they only had it for about a month so...

There isn't anything else I crossed shopped this car with, in fact there isn't anything else in its class except maybe that one funky BMW roadster hatch thingy (ugly) so thats out, I think they discontinued it. I may end up just going the way of a small coupe. The only one I really like right now is the current M3, when I get the chance I'll go and test drive one.

Last edited by Milla...; 02-15-06 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-15-06, 09:06 AM
Milla...

Originally Posted by rominl
haha guess you are used to big cars like the lx and a8? i have never driven the mini before, but i have heard it's a great fun car. i don't expect to find superb comfort in it though, of course

Haha yeah your probably right on that one, I've never owned a small car before, maybe I had no business doing a trip like that in such a car, I suppose that was my bad, people who own this car probably even know better than that and would call me a fool hahaha. Well I really screwed that one up because now I have no desire to buy it.
Old 02-15-06, 09:18 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

That was very nice of your friend to let you have a two week trial period
But too bad it ended early. Did you even use up the whole tank of gas ?

I guess everybody fits differently into different cars. I rented a mustang (last gen) to head out to vegas with my wife. I could not get comfortable in that car for at least an hour so I know how you felt moving and changing the seat.....up and down....squirming here and there

Oh well, next car. If you still want something zippy, I guess M3 would be a good candidate
Old 02-15-06, 09:20 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Milla...
The only one I really like right now is the current M3, when I get the chance I'll go and test drive one.
The M3 is a great choice, but be aware that a new one will be coming out next year.
Old 02-15-06, 09:34 AM
Milla...

The M3 is a great choice, but be aware that a new one will be coming out next year.
Oh yeah thats right huh, and I really like what I saw of the spy shots of just the plain 3 although I think the current m3 look a little more beefy and muscular, I really like that hehe. Hey maybe I can use that to my advantage and haggle a good deal.
Old 02-15-06, 09:43 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Milla...
The only one I really like right now is the current M3, when I get the chance I'll go and test drive one.
If possible, try to convince them to let you test drive the M3 for the whole day, so you can drive it back & forth from San Diego
Old 02-15-06, 10:04 AM
Milla...

If possible, try to convince them to let you test drive the M3 for the whole day, so you can drive it back & forth from San Diego
Hahahahahahaha really huh.....Humm do I know anyone with one....