Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NAME BRANDS on your car?..Trojan , Hersheys, Mr Goodbar, Maguires

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-05, 06:43 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NAME BRANDS on your car?..Trojan , Hersheys, Mr Goodbar, Maguires

have you guys seen these guys driving around with different name brand on there car...and I dont think that these people are put up my companies....whats ups with this

Ive seen Trojan , Hersheys, Mr Goodbar, Maguires, and other brands..

this is what im talking about

Last edited by LEXISM; 11-26-05 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-15-05, 06:55 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

I'm sporting this big "L" on my nose piece.... another on the trunk. :
Old 09-15-05, 07:11 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 417 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Same here, I think i've got some CL stickers too. I don't know what the "L" means tho

we have this crazy PT cruiser with a bunch of clowns on it that says "Party City" He always wants to race me around town and I always destroy him. He keeps coming back for more, everytime I see him he revvs up his Cruiser
Old 09-15-05, 08:24 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

maybe they're trying to be like the nascar cars they see on tv so they can get the hot GILFs.

Old 09-15-05, 08:54 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

They're basically ads on wheels. The company/brand dresses up whatever car with their logos/ads and lends it out to anyone who is willing to drive it around at the cost of the company. It's basically a free car rental with a catch.
Old 09-15-05, 10:22 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

yeah but the guys Im talking about are not ads on wheels ...Its like if I want to get a giant Black and decker logo and put it on my car my self...not getting any money for it ..you can tell the quality of the stickers..they just got them doen at sticker shop ...i gotta get some pics
Old 09-15-05, 10:24 PM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

these car owners actually get paid anywhere from $100 to $500 a month (depending on the size of the advertisement on their vehicle)... there is a company out here that does this...
Lets say that Best Buy wants to advertise in their local area. They would tell this company to find them a car that travels around that area alot. the newer or flashier the car, the better. Then people that are interested in doing this or need the extra cash goes to the company and fills out a questionare (miles traveled, route taken daily, times of travel, etc.).... and if the two match, they make an offer to the car owner. the contract is about 6months to a year. The company installs the stickers and gets a percentage (of course).... Best Buy gets their advertisement ($500 a month is actually very cheap)... and you get $$$ for driving your normal route every day. Everybody wins!
not that i would ever do this to MY car...
Old 09-16-05, 04:11 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL i seen a ghetto cruiser the other day with some 24's and it said cheetos painted on in big letters on the sides of it
Old 09-16-05, 08:56 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
LOL i seen a ghetto cruiser the other day with some 24's and it said cheetos painted on in big letters on the sides of it
Thats what Im talking about !!!......Ghetto cruisers w/ name brands
Old 09-16-05, 01:18 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LEXISM
Thats what Im talking about !!!......Ghetto cruisers w/ name brands
Man, you read my mind...these guys are all over LA...I've noticed most of them cruise Crenshaw Blvd and they mostly drive Monte Carlos. I've seen about 20 of them in the last couple of months and it looks ridiculous. I think it's a chevy thing because a few I've seen were Camaro's.

I was getting gas the other day and a guy in a Monte Carlo was at the pump next to me and his car had those damn "Trix" cereal stickers all over it and I was going to ask him what it was about, but then I thought if he was dumb enough to do that to his car then I didn't care what the hell his reasoning was. It's gotta be a damn Chevy thing, because that's all I see with that crap on them...

Do Monte Carlo's all come on knockoff chrome Lowenhart LD-1's?? They ALL have the same damn knockoff rims, all of them!!! I don't get it at all
Old 09-16-05, 01:50 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Yup, me too!
Old 09-17-05, 03:38 PM
timoc42
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well.... these companies have done great ! I've seen lots of them, just passing by Times Square at the peak hours.

cheap advertising for only $500 a month. I would guess this is cheaper than some bill boards, and even cheaper than the ads on the busses.

high-visibility and impact...as you all mentioned, you see these 'fugly' cars running around...and so does many people.
So, the advertising company ads serves to reinforce their brand name in your sub-concious mind.

And its been proven by research in the marketing world, the more exposure and impressions that you have, you will be more likely to pick up the item during your next visit to the grocery store.
Old 11-26-05, 03:56 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Update on post #1 ...this is what Im talking about
Old 11-26-05, 04:04 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by timoc42
And its been proven by research in the marketing world, the more exposure and impressions that you have, you will be more likely to pick up the item during your next visit to the grocery store.
" Proven " by " Research " ?

The marketing people HONESTLY believe that? The more ads you see the more likely you are to buy ?

Most people look at ads as one of two things.....either an annoyance or, for the better ones like during the Super Bowl, as entertainment. Almost nobody actually takes ads seriously. That's why I laugh when I hear of companies paying a million dollars a minute for ad space on national TV shows.

However, I won't laugh at this guy using his Monte Carlo as a rolling billboard. He's not stupid........I'm sure HE's laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-26-05 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-27-05, 01:28 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adidosc
maybe they're trying to be like the nascar cars they see on tv so they can get the hot GILFs.

LMAO !!!!!

Quick Reply: NAME BRANDS on your car?..Trojan , Hersheys, Mr Goodbar, Maguires