Canada For events in Canada.

Paint Protection Film Places GTA

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-16, 06:30 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts
Default Paint Protection Film Places GTA

Does anyone know of any good places for Paint Protection Film in Toronto Area? I am looking at getting the hood, Front fenders and bumper covered with the 3M ScotchGuard PPF
Old 04-06-16, 07:14 AM
yermolovd
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went to Kevin @ GTA In Detail, he works with Marco @Advanced Automotive Film.
Kevin did the new car prep (removing swirl marks, paint decontamination etc) and application of CQuartz, then Marco did the 3M film for bumper, headlights, hood, also plastic trip piece on front doors (since those get heavy use). These guys are regarded as one of the best, I searched various forums, like Tesla, BMW etc.
Their work came out great, even since I asked dealer not to touch the car, so it was still with a wrap on the hood and other spots, but they managed to swirl it up in several places. The guys also accommodated me just before Christmas holidays, they really understand customer service well. It may not be easy to call and get to them right away, I believe they are running the business in addition to their daily work, but email communication is best, but took a little bit of time to schedule, again due to holidays probably.
I picked them because of their reputation, as well as their Mississauga location, it was closer for me to go there from Kitchener.
Old 04-06-16, 08:13 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Originally Posted by yermolovd
I went to Kevin @ GTA In Detail, he works with Marco @Advanced Automotive Film.
Kevin did the new car prep (removing swirl marks, paint decontamination etc) and application of CQuartz, then Marco did the 3M film for bumper, headlights, hood, also plastic trip piece on front doors (since those get heavy use). These guys are regarded as one of the best, I searched various forums, like Tesla, BMW etc.
Their work came out great, even since I asked dealer not to touch the car, so it was still with a wrap on the hood and other spots, but they managed to swirl it up in several places. The guys also accommodated me just before Christmas holidays, they really understand customer service well. It may not be easy to call and get to them right away, I believe they are running the business in addition to their daily work, but email communication is best, but took a little bit of time to schedule, again due to holidays probably.
I picked them because of their reputation, as well as their Mississauga location, it was closer for me to go there from Kitchener.

Thanks, would anyone be able to say how much they paid for the film on front bumper, fenders and hood?
Old 06-23-16, 01:04 PM
destro888
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you ever find a good place to do this work? I'm now looking...
Old 06-24-16, 10:47 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

I went to SRS automotive Tinting solutions in Mississauga. They did a good job. Check their website. It has pricing.
Old 06-24-16, 11:23 AM
destro888
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
I went to SRS automotive Tinting solutions in Mississauga. They did a good job. Check their website. It has pricing.
Great, I know exactly where they are. Which package did you take if you don't mind me asking?
Old 06-24-16, 01:32 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

I got 24" hood and front fenders plus the mirrors, for cups and rear bumper top.
Old 08-09-16, 10:12 AM
jkwiseeyes
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here's my 2 cents...

I got mine done at Auto-links by John and his crew about 2 years ago.

They did a great job! I got the full hood, full front bumper, partial fenders & side mirrors done. He threw in headlight (both daylight and night), and rear trunk ledge.

Few weeks in, one corner around the headlamp started to bubble and after I told them they asked me to bring in the car and they quickie fixed it. No issues since, still have it on today.

Check out their website, they got pricing for packages and also check RFD as they may have some group discount going on.

I also got my tints done at the same time. Only thing I wish I did different was get darker tints. I got whatever the legal limit was...
Good luck
Old 08-09-16, 05:20 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

I was at SRS this past weekend.. A great place.. They were doing my tint since I already had paint protection done..

The cool thing with them, they use a plotter to cut out the patterns so it fits perfectly and saves time..

Great prices too, you just have to put up with the euro-rave club music they like to play if your going to wait at the shop while they work.
Old 10-26-16, 03:43 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

I went there (SRS) on a Saturday. Stayed there for about 4 hours. I booked the appointment about 3 weeks in advance.
Old 11-07-16, 12:20 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Originally Posted by Flashkid
Did you do paint protection film? 4 hours sound to me that it's like tint. I am looking to do PPF, how long will that take without leaving the car over night?
I only got ppf. I had to wait a bit, but my job took about 2 hours.
Old 03-22-17, 10:12 PM
SilvrBulet
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used Touch of Tint in Mississauga. http://touchoftint.com

The owner Mike is a good guy. Straight shooter. Can't recall the price but I got the full hood, front lights, side mirrors, front bumper, full fenders and side skirts done with XPEL Ultimate summer 2016. Still looking amazing.