Canada For events in Canada.

Lexus's New Policy of Discrimination Against Canadians

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-14, 10:44 AM
misher
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus's New Policy of Discrimination Against Canadians

Lexus has made it clear they don't like Canadians from their new RC prices and I was wondering which models are going to be next? Likely the new NX and who knows what next year will bring. Make sure you check the American prices before purchasing a Canadian Lexus and refuse to buy if the difference is greater than 10%, and join me in complaining if its greater than 20%. Here's what I posted on facebook so Lexus can know that Canadians won't take this lying down.

"Just wrote this to Lexus on their facebook I feel it is well deserved. I was eagerly awaiting the RC and I feel screwed by a company I believed in. I would suggest you all make your grievances known with Lexus's FU Canadians policy on facebook publicly so that they get the idea we wont just bend over and take it.

Hi Lexus I wanted to ask why you hate Canadians? I was waiting eagerly for the Lexus RC and ignored the bmw 4 series and its competitors which are priced similarly in USA and Canada at 40-44k. But then I just saw that the American RC is 43k and the Canadian is 54k. Why do you hate Canadians, what did we ever do to you? Why do you feel like giving Canada the middle finger? This is incredibly insulting. When comparing the RCF its 62k to 82k Anyway I just wished to express my feelings and give you a big old **** YOU back Lexus. You are now dead to me and I will do my best to spread the word to all other Canadians how you feel you can **** us and get away with it. Go buy a BMW or other luxury car guys its obvious Lexus does not want Canadian customers except as suckers."

Someone replied by giving me a few articles on Canadian import taxes to which I replied:
Im looking at one thing, how every other company charges at most a 15% difference. Lexus has a 25% difference. You can't escape the simple fact that Lexus is price gouging Canadians whereas every other company does not. In America the 4 is 40.3 the RC is 42.7. In Canada the RC costs 11k more than the 4. Unless your saying Japan is being discriminated against by the Canadian government over Germany?

Its just.....obvious that Lexus said FU Canada we don't like you. Like...what excuse can they offer? BMW, Mercedes, Cadillac, Audi, Acura, etc are all losing money by offering Canadians similar prices to their American counterparts? That they're being too competitive?

"Just for fun fact I checked out the Japanese website, the Lexus RC350 starts at 6,111,111円 the BMW 420i starts at 4,731,481, which goes to show you BMW is a really competitive company. Besides that our Canadian 428i starts at 5,750,000, meaning that in Japan, well I think it’s just obvious.
In Germany they don’t have the RC prices listed but comparing the IS250 and BMW 320i Canadian prices the IS is about 5% more, in Germany its 29.4 to 34.2 which means in Germany it’s about a 15% difference. So….in Canada Lexus decided on a 20-25% difference? Unless you can explain why Lexus gets charged more in tariffs in Canada, minus what it gets cost in Germany, then minus what BMW gets charged to send cars from Germany, and get a positive number, you can’t argue that Lexus is not price gouging Canadians. Canada, the only nation worldwide where Lexus said FU."

Last edited by misher; 10-24-14 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-13-14, 12:46 PM
minato
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure if this is a Lexus issue per say,......going to the basics , 100$ worth of groceries in the states compared to 100 canadian $ are worlds apart , techncally BMW competitiveness has been known for ages and shouldnt be news to you, you can check other companies , like acura, porshe, audi, lamborghini, etc, the price differences are astronomical. another example I would say is , a gallon of mobil 1 synthetic in the states is 29.99 at walmart , it canada its 49-59.99 last I checked, whats the reason for this ? would you say Mobil also dosent like Canada?
There's also the conversion rates to factor in

I am with you on this though Canadian prices suck completely
Old 11-14-14, 12:39 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A few things you need to understand about the economy

1. There's a bigger automobile market in the state of California alone than in Canada as a whole - that is why Lexus US gets much lower prices; because of much much higher demand

2. There's higher duty, and also more sales tax in Canada (Ontario, at least), as well PDI is more expensive since it's done onsite here

3. There's different option packages in Canada than in the US - typically more options and packages in the US; many times we're given only a "fully loaded" option with a huge price tag

4. RCF's price of $62-82K, is pretty on par with it's competitors (M3/M4, C63, RS5), etc. Lexus can't just drop the price and flunk the market. In comparison, the BMW 335i is still more expensive than the IS350/RC350.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally with you when it comes to Canada sucks in pricing, but this isn't just for cars -- it's literally for everything. We don't have many people here, and our demand is extremely low vs. our siblings down south. Large corporations control the economy, the market, and monopolies like these and there's nothing much we can do.
Old 11-17-14, 05:13 PM
misher
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tbh I just find it strange that Lexus feels the need to be "uncompetitive" in Canada. But considering the high percentage of Chinese customers in Canada for luxury cars I recall how pissed off Japanese are with Chinese right now in recent events and wonder if this is possibly due to that. And by the way your talking about sales tax and other things, but what I'm comparing are the base prices before taxes.

As for the person who stated other companies do similar things, yes they do. But the price difference is usually equivalent to the exchange rate. Example, Cadillac ats coupe, 38 US, 43 CAN. About a 12 percent difference which is the exchange rate. You talk about import fees and yada yada but all other companies pay the same between Canada and America. I'm not saying Lexus doesn't have good excuses for greatly overcharging Canadians. I'm saying there the only company to do it sooo **** you Lexus. And I hope my message will someday reach someone in Lexus who realizes Canadians will actually check out the competitors before purchasing.