Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Local Chapters and Regional Forums > Regional ClubLexus Forums > Canada
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

claims about servicing Lexus bought from another dealership

Old 06-13-14, 09:45 AM   #1
TickerMan
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default claims about servicing Lexus bought from another dealership

Hi, I'm new to the Club Lexus Forums. I plan to buy a 2015 RX 350 in Ontario. There are 3 dealers within 1.5 hrs of where I live. While I've only spoken to the sales person at the dealer closest to me, I intend to negotiate a price with all three dealers. The sales person at the closest dealer, the one where I would likely get my service done, told me that typical Lexus perks such as a free loaner while my vehicle was in for service is only offered to those who purchased vehicles at that dealership.

Comments?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
TickerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 02:39 PM   #2
jchong
Driver

Richard Bell

I just had my car serviced at a different dealership than what I bought my car at and they gave me a loaner car for free. It may differ from dealership to dealership though.
2007 Civic SI (sold)
jchong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 03:01 PM   #3
TickerMan
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, thats what I expected. I'll try and confirm by talking to the service dept directly. Comments like this from sales personnel make me dial up my BS radar and be on the watch out for other stuff.
TickerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-14, 08:49 AM   #4
GSCT
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickerMan View Post
Hi, I'm new to the Club Lexus Forums. I plan to buy a 2015 RX 350 in Ontario. There are 3 dealers within 1.5 hrs of where I live. While I've only spoken to the sales person at the dealer closest to me, I intend to negotiate a price with all three dealers. The sales person at the closest dealer, the one where I would likely get my service done, told me that typical Lexus perks such as a free loaner while my vehicle was in for service is only offered to those who purchased vehicles at that dealership.

Comments?
It's BS. I have bought three Lexus cars at three different dealers and had/have them serviced at the closest dealer with no issues. Service is where they make their profit, so I can't imagine any dealer treating a new customer poorly.
GSCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-14, 09:36 AM   #5
604GSE21
Driver

that sales person lied to you... my car was bought from a different dealership and i took my car to the closest lexus dealer and i still got a loaner for free...
604GSE21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-14, 08:22 PM   #6
is350mark
Driver School Candidate

MarkAtlLexus MarkatLexus MarkAtLexus

Hey guys to back up that information, I work at Lexus of Oakville in sales and that comment is a true comment only ppl that purchase at the dealership get a loaner which is a Lexus Canada rule and the dealer principal pays for your loaner.

But that being said MOST dealers will give a loner cause you are paying for service and they are thankful for the business.

Markp@lexusofoakville.ca for any questions ! #markatlexus
is350mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-14, 08:22 PM