Canada For events in Canada.

SPOTTED! In Vancouver...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-09, 11:24 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just wanted to know if crim 355 was easy, that's all. a lot of reading for crim and is it all intuitive like econ? i heard you just watch csi and critque it.

btw, i spotted a white 2is with 6000k hid headlights and matching hid fogs around 630 on jacombs and cambie rd.
Old 11-12-09, 11:47 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

^ ok are you planning to take it as distance ed?

here's my experience...

-READING: just like any course. Load is probably a bit less, there's a textbook and a correspondence material for the course, the textbook chapter is not that long (15-30 pages) and is actually quite fun to read. These chapters are mostly for supplementary reading. The correspondence material, on the other hand, you have to read it (8-10 pages) and there is usually 3-5 essay type questions or some kind of self practice that you have to do (weekly). You do this on the FirstClass online thing...answers range between 400-700 words. Pretty easy.

-MIDTERMS & FINALS: 90% of the material covered is strictly from the correspondence material. I did not re-read the textbook chapters at all, only skimmed through the summary and it is NOT cumulative. The format of the test is some matching or multiple questions and short answers (I don't remember any long essay questions). Memorize the materials and you should be ok.

-TERM PAPER: 2000 word essay on your review of a forensic TV/movie scene. What's accurate, what's misleading, what's wrong, what's weird. I did mine on some Korean movie. Might sound hard at first, but by the time you read all through the materials, 2000 words just will not be enough. I had so much stuff to say.

overall, this is really an easy credit, but it is fun class. Learned so much cool interesting stuff about forensics. I kept up with the reading, did assignments, did ok on exams, did really good on assignments, got B+...or A- can't remember.

Last edited by Kaydee; 11-13-09 at 02:29 AM.
Old 11-14-09, 10:58 AM
burnabykid
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaydee
spotted SG going eastbound on Broadway around 5.40

spotted a dark colored 2IS with PIAA rims going westbound on the same road. I want to say burnabykid, but I'm not sure. I was right next to you in the SUV, I wanted to roll down my windows and shout...but that would look crazy since I was not driving the Lexus.
thursday night? that would be me on my way downtown. seen a lot of modded IS's lately, mostly with rims, but not many use this forum.
Old 11-14-09, 04:00 PM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yup, most likely me.

if my schedule allows it, i head down to pick up my sis from work then head to parents place for dinner. she works down at an optomitrist place by the futureshop on broadway.

i spot lexus's all over the place but none of them are moded!

spotted SG going eastbound on Broadway around 5.40

spotted a dark colored 2IS with PIAA rims going westbound on the same road. I want to say burnabykid, but I'm not sure. I was right next to you in the SUV, I wanted to roll down my windows and shout...but that would look crazy since I was not driving the Lexus.
Old 11-14-09, 04:42 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

haha yeah...I've stopped posting regular Lexus. If I get a cent for every Lexus I see, then I'd have a loonie
Old 11-19-09, 11:45 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Haha, I was just playing with Google street view, and I found my IS! It was parked at school, so that's way less interesting than if I had found it driving somewhere but it's still fun to find where you were.

Anyone else find them selves?
Old 11-19-09, 02:08 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

^ ok are you planning to take it as distance ed?

here's my experience...

-READING: just like any course. Load is probably a bit less, there's a textbook and a correspondence material for the course, the textbook chapter is not that long (15-30 pages) and is actually quite fun to read. These chapters are mostly for supplementary reading. The correspondence material, on the other hand, you have to read it (8-10 pages) and there is usually 3-5 essay type questions or some kind of self practice that you have to do (weekly). You do this on the FirstClass online thing...answers range between 400-700 words. Pretty easy.

-MIDTERMS & FINALS: 90% of the material covered is strictly from the correspondence material. I did not re-read the textbook chapters at all, only skimmed through the summary and it is NOT cumulative. The format of the test is some matching or multiple questions and short answers (I don't remember any long essay questions). Memorize the materials and you should be ok.

-TERM PAPER: 2000 word essay on your review of a forensic TV/movie scene. What's accurate, what's misleading, what's wrong, what's weird. I did mine on some Korean movie. Might sound hard at first, but by the time you read all through the materials, 2000 words just will not be enough. I had so much stuff to say.

overall, this is really an easy credit, but it is fun class. Learned so much cool interesting stuff about forensics. I kept up with the reading, did assignments, did ok on exams, did really good on assignments, got B+...or A- can't remember.
thanks dude, i'm taking it in the spring, but it's gonna be on campus. i always slack off in distance ed.

Originally Posted by Faymester
Haha, I was just playing with Google street view, and I found my IS! It was parked at school, so that's way less interesting than if I had found it driving somewhere but it's still fun to find where you were.

Anyone else find them selves?
I was driving in the summer on a small street and the google street view car was heading the opposite way, I made a funny face. but when I go on street view, I'm not even in any of the pictures...

oh and I spotted SG on broadway and cambie this morning heading westbound at 830am.
Old 11-19-09, 02:29 PM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yuppers, driving sis to work, since my times pretty free these days til i start work at brian jessel.

i swear i dont see any other lexus's unless they are RIGHT NEXT TO ME, and even then i dont really notice =/

the only thing i notice every morning is this dark blue vw jetta with 14,000K barney purple pink HIDS. how is that thing still on the road and not being VI'd?
Old 11-20-09, 06:36 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

i was going the other way eastbound. i didn't spot your car until the last second. it was the curtains.
Old 11-20-09, 07:39 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I wonder how often if ever they'll update Street View. They have a lot of territory to cover if you consider the whole planet. I wish Google Earth would improve the resolution in SE Asia, particularly the rural areas... Big Job!
Old 11-20-09, 11:46 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

^were you driving on hastings and renfrew heading east around 4pm on friday?

i saw a black ls600hl.
Old 11-22-09, 01:42 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

spotted stkiss or his twin today. think it was the twin though. white IS, black roof, side mounted plate. think the grill was blacked out. don't think it was stkiss cause the plate wasnt personalized and the exhaust wasn't loud.

anyways saw the guy on ummm...cooney and lansdowne about 330 on sat.

i also think i spotted my twin. 09+ SGM 2IS with 6500k hids and 2500k fogs.
Old 11-22-09, 04:37 AM
stkiss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jetfire
spotted stkiss or his twin today. think it was the twin though. white IS, black roof, side mounted plate. think the grill was blacked out. don't think it was stkiss cause the plate wasnt personalized and the exhaust wasn't loud.

anyways saw the guy on ummm...cooney and lansdowne about 330 on sat.

i also think i spotted my twin. 09+ SGM 2IS with 6500k hids and 2500k fogs.
hahaha if the plate wasn't PNP, that it's not me. But I also was around that area at that time tho ummmm i needa think of something to differentiate myself from all these twins.. black roof and side plate are not unique anymore~
Old 11-22-09, 11:11 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

matt white? ^

do a wrap, I saw it on a particular Aston, it looked quite good (dispite my earlier feelings that it might not)
Old 11-22-09, 12:22 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Originally Posted by stkiss
hahaha if the plate wasn't PNP, that it's not me. But I also was around that area at that time tho ummmm i needa think of something to differentiate myself from all these twins.. black roof and side plate are not unique anymore~
did you get rid of your personalized plate? i think it might've been you then. the guy stared at me after he turned right.

i think matte white is pretty nice. "stormtrooper" it like rob dyrdek.

your car is unique already, just go beat up the other guy and trash his car street fighter style.

Quick Reply: SPOTTED! In Vancouver...