Canada For events in Canada.

Which Lexus dealer for service

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-06, 06:34 PM
LexusYYZ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Lexus dealer for service

With the new Lexus ES330 in the family my dad wants some recommendations for dealers. He bought it in Kitchener (the car he wanted was there) but obviously doesn't want to drive an hour for service. Out of DVNLT (bad experiences with Toyota service divison), Richmond Hill Lexus or Scarborough Lexus which is best?

Thanks
Old 08-10-06, 06:36 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

welcome to CL
hehe
its Evil Techie from RFD btw
i see that u took my advice and signed up
Old 08-10-06, 07:23 PM
LexusYYZ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UberNoob
welcome to CL
hehe
its Evil Techie from RFD btw
i see that u took my advice and signed up
Thanks for refering me here dude. This place is great!
Old 08-10-06, 09:55 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would still recommend DVNLT if it is close to you.
Ask for Hiroshi he is one of the best advisors ever. Tells you what you need to know not what makes money. My recommendation hands down.
Old 08-11-06, 01:20 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I would both recommend Don Valley North or Lexus of Richmond Hill. Definitely not Lexus of Scarborough.

Between the two, Don Valley North and Lexus of RH, if distance is not a concern, I would opt for Lexus of RH since the shop is less busy and I find they can spend more time to deliver a better service. Try sticking to one technican. If you are a car freak and are concerned about the way the car is handled during the maintainence service, wash the car before the service and communicate with the service department, especially the service manager and the foreman before any work is done. Then the better they know you, the more satisfied service you will get. They can be very meticulous. They asked me where to put the service label when I had the seat belt recall done.

I've never had my service done at Lexus of Scarborough nor I will since their Toyota sales division was not professional when selling the car nor their body shop. The salesman and the sales manager that I dealt with were rude and unethical. For the body shop, I took my previous car to have the mirrors and side strips painted and I saw my front bumper hit by the ice and snow and grease in the car when I took the car back.

Maybe their new location is better but for the old location, the way the drivethrough was designed allows too many people to pass by your car. I once got my mirror hit by a "pedestrian".
Old 09-07-06, 10:31 AM
clubfoot
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So far I've had good experiences at Erin Park, same mechanic, no washes. He installed my spoiler and seat belt recall. Northwest Lexus is supposed to be pretty good too, but had a bad experience with one of the sales guys there, so even though they are closer, I don't use them.
Old 09-08-06, 01:23 PM
LexusYYZ
Driver School Candidate

Erin Park and Northwest are both too far for me. I do not have time to make a 40 km trip to get my car fixed when there are dealers within a 20km radius.
Old 10-02-06, 05:53 PM
CMac-330
Driver School Candidate

Default Newbie - referral?

Hey guys,

New to the club as I just picked up a '04 RX330 for the family...just wondering if you were referring to the Lexus dealer in Mississauga (off Dundas)? This would be closest for us, but when I was shopping around I didn't get the best reception from their sales team so I went elsewhere.

Any tips/pointers on getting the first checkup at the dealer? I want to take it in to double check everything since everything is under warranty!?

Talk to ya!

C
Old 10-22-06, 06:08 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What have you guys heard about Scarborough Lexus? I am purchasing my IS350 there and have been treated extremely well so far. I am hoping to have a good relationship with them because they are the only somewhat close dealership to me.