Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

Project Yeti - The Abominable Snowman

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-18, 02:21 PM
LSKelvin
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You 2 seem like fun. I think I’ll hang out in here for a bit.
Old 06-13-18, 11:57 PM
Scootymad
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 05ls430518
Do all cars in Australia get driven that hard? Hahaha also looken good you ever get the windows fixed?

Yes I fixed the windows on Tuesday. The front window was damn easy, the rear quarter glass was slightly trickier to get out, but the new one just popped right in easy as that. I'm not in Australia either, I live in the land where JDM imports are everywhere and cheaply available (JZX110 Chaser Tourer V anyone?), that is New Zealand. We don't drive our cars quite as hard as the criminals from over the ditch, but still pretty hard. It seems I was wrong about my theory of my wheel bearing causing the knock sensor fault, fitted two new front hubs and the error still came back at 90kph, so I'm beginning to get irritated by this fault. I feel like if its wiring faults I'll be heading deep down the rabbit hole to find them.

Old 06-14-18, 02:45 AM
Scootymad
Pole Position

Old 01-31-19, 11:09 PM
Scootymad
Pole Position

I still have a handful of videos I need to edit and upload, but the old pig is suffering a bit at the moment. Its currently in the hands of my mechanic getting some work done as I have no time at the moment (trying to sell my house). I was coming back from his workshop last Saturday and spotted an AE86 and an Evo 10 get on the motorway after one of our big car shows, and I could smell someone was running a bit hot. A quick glance at my temp gauge revealed that it was the LS that was getting damn hot. I managed to get another 10 or 12 miles out of it before I made it to a gas station for a refill of water. The poor old thing was *****IN HOT, like thermonuclear hot, the morning after curry night hot. But testament to the reliability and ruggedness of the UZ engine, it took it like a champ. No blown head gaskets, still pulls like a train. It turns out that a 9 inch long crack in the top tank of the radiator likes to let all the water out very quickly. I managed to boogie it up with some super glue and black Q-Bond powder to get me back to the garage without boiling over again, so a new radiator is going in some time next week, along with the cam belt and maybe a water pump (I didn't order a water pump when I bought the cam belt, hopefully he orders one), then I'm going to order another pair of knock sensors and put them in to hopefully cure my knock circuit issue. No pictures because I have a DC2 Type R Integra in my driveway instead
Old 01-08-20, 02:50 AM
Scootymad
Pole Position

So throwing it back to 2017 when I did that almighty great burnout and hurt a bunch of things, worst of which was my ECU as it turns out. The knock sensors are perfectly fine, as is the wiring. I have a replacement ECU from a JDM Celsior which will supposedly work (the part numbers match), and I also have yet another clock spring to replace another burned out steering angle sensor after my monster sized battery went to 0 volts. I'm picking up a replacement rear wheel bearing as I railed a curb one afternoon (it was either the curb or the back of a dump truck, I can fix a wheel bearing and a curbed wheel, not a chassis) and it progressively got worse the more I drove it. But for the past 9 months its been parked up doing bugger all, so I'm excited to have it back on the road and ripping more burnouts soon