LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

After 2 yrs in probate I have my Grandfathers cherry 06 430

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-16, 01:19 AM
GraysonKD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After 2 yrs in probate I have my Grandfathers cherry 06 430

I finally have my Grandfathers 2006 LS 430 from the probate trustee who tried to keep it, I found it in his driveway with a additional 7,000 miles on the odometer! (now has 24,000 miles)
I put a stop to that & it sat in storage the last 2 yrs. The tires have flat spots? from sitting , hopefully they snap out of this?
I tried to smog it today and to my amazement it failed! I was shocked until he said the computer has nothing in its memory and
asked if the battery was disconnected.
I know that car and much over a week sitting and it may not start, so I assumed they jump started it or if lucky actually charged the battery slowly.
I have read that 100 miles driving 50% city should log some cycles in the computer to read, I did not know they do not run the engine on a dyno,
after 2000 the cars store the memory and tells on itself, my car had amnesia. I am not sure if start/stop cycles matter or just time running or both?
It was $58 to test today and $39 to retest , so I want to be sure it has had enough time or cycles to give up some information..
The car is so pretty in gold metallic paint that really pops, it has every option except reclining/massaging rear seats, rear stereo control and self park mode,
this car has the backup camera and proximity sensors. The rear window privacy screen has started to come loose from the frame, I see a clear plastic string
pulled out a bit that resembles weed wacker string, it looks like the string feeds into the frames groove to hold the screen tightly in the frame, I turned that off for now.
It has a Mark Levinson stereo that is great, navigation, cooled & heated seats, napa leather, wood and leather steering wheel, it was sitting in the Lexus dealers showroom when
my Uncle and I bought it for my Grandfather's 87th birthday, he died 2 months later, my Grandma lost her license in the 80's so I put on most of it's first 17,000 miles on the car,
I love the headlights, no other car I have ever drove had such lights that set their level and turn with the steering wheel, pretty awesome even today 10 yrs later.
I have seen the lights on Ebay for ridiculous prices, I hope mine stay working a long time.
The transmission is both auto or manual valve body type of shift gate, I have not tried the manual mode much, what I did was not like paddle shifting a exoticar,
not sure why or when one would want to or need to shift into manual mode?
I always liked this car, I still recall my Grandfathers first time driving it, I was in back and he looked back at me grinning, turned to face forwards and mashed the accellerator
long enough to freak out Grandfma, lol. He really loved the car, too bad he never got much time to drive it.
I have been in a few forums , The E31 forum for 850 BMW's, Miata forum, GTO forum (20066) Buell forum, Bronco forum (66-74) and found each one to have a core group of
knowledgeable owners happy to share the knowledge regarding each vehicles problem areas,that was always very helpful!
Old 08-07-16, 04:51 AM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Welcome to the club Grayson. Sounds like a fantastic car you have. Also sounds like a sister to my 2005 LS. That package is labeled as the "Modern Luxury" package.. Pretty much everything except the adjustable suspension and rear seat amenities.
Mine just turned 49,000 miles, my 2001 has 129,000 and hope to get at least double that before I get tired of driving it!

You have certainly joined the right forum. Loads of great information here and plenty of knowledgeable guys that are willing to share.

@Mods;
You may want to move this to a more appropriate section??
Old 11-04-16, 11:20 AM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the club! post some pictures of it!