98 gs300 2jzgte swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-16, 11:13 AM
Grandpabob
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 98 gs300 2jzgte swap

Hello all,

I am new to Club Lexus and need some help. My son destroyed the engine in my 98 gs300 and I was looking to replace the engine.

I decided to up grade the engine from a 2jzge to a 2jzgte and purchased an engine and 5 speed auto trans combo. The engine comes with the wiring harness, ecm, and turbos. No intercooler. I bought it from a JDM supplier here locally.

The shop that was going to help me with the swap decided to move the business to another market and is not available for me. I have a friend whom owns a domestic shop but is not experienced in foreign car upgrade engine swaps.

I understand that the swap is not that difficult on a physical standpoint but I need some insider information

Does anyone have a list of parts that I would need for the swap and what kinks that I will run into?

I have read several posts and have seen a couple here on Club Lexus but they seem to contradict one another.

Anyway, this is my dilemma.

Can you Help?

Thanks Bob
Old 02-06-16, 05:40 PM
chavez240s
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Grandpa i'm thinking about the same thing i just haven't make up my mine yet, let me know how it went? thanks
Old 02-07-16, 08:30 AM
KyleH
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 104 Posts

I am a mere couple of months ahead of you in my build. I went a different route with my approach and purchased my setup that was pretty turn-key. You can see my build thread in this forum.

Things that come to mind, as they're fairly fresh:

Parts needed from Aristo:
ENGINE Ecu (non secure so your key will work)- reuse your case/box
Trac/abs ecu
Intake box and piping
Intercooler and piping
Power steering fluid reservoir
Aristo downpipe

Other misc parts:
Upper radiator hose
Supra throttle cable

Note: I am using the stock aristo transmission. When you get into the manual transmission side of things, I would imagine there are a number of other modifications necessary to get the car to run properly. I hope to someday learn what that takes, but taking it a step at a time.