Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Ali SC3's "Workin on it" thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-16, 02:32 PM
Halon
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

But if you had a 2jz swapped vette, you could get custom plates that read "JAPANUS"
Old 08-16-16, 10:44 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 237 Likes on 215 Posts

I must say, having only followed this thread off and on, the discussion on the previous page of potentially leaving the SC for the non-tinkering NA power of a Vette is both quite startling and not at all surprising to me. On the one hand, you've got legends of the SC FI game possibly moving on. On the other hand, I'm a big believer in getting into whatever car gives you the naturally aspirated power you want, then making improvements from there through weight reduction, not by adding power. I've seen it way too often, where people grow tired of the constant fussing that goes along with the boost life.
Old 08-17-16, 08:55 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Halon
But if you had a 2jz swapped vette, you could get custom plates that read "JAPANUS"
HAHAHA... the last 4 letters just doesn't look right.

Originally Posted by t2d2
I must say, having only followed this thread off and on, the discussion on the previous page of potentially leaving the SC for the non-tinkering NA power of a Vette is both quite startling and not at all surprising to me. On the one hand, you've got legends of the SC FI game possibly moving on. On the other hand, I'm a big believer in getting into whatever car gives you the naturally aspirated power you want, then making improvements from there through weight reduction, not by adding power. I've seen it way too often, where people grow tired of the constant fussing that goes along with the boost life.
You know its like I came, I did, I enjoyed it, but I am at a different point in my life now. Its not really about the power to me, My SC would blow those old Vettes away, well at least the stock ones.
I likely wont be getting rid of the SC, I think I will be flipping the audi when I get the vette but I am just not sure.
I just got tired of constantly working on stuff, and not being able to enjoy it as much like going to shows, and most importantly it keeps devaluing.
it seems like I am always doing something to the SC, and when I put more money into it, its never worth more, heck it probably goes down in value everytime I spend more money on it.
I love the SC cause its a platform you can build a good quality fast car on a budget, but then I look at people who have like BPU TT supra's...
they get to enjoy their car more than work on them usually cause its factoryish it all works well, and they keep going up in value so its a good investment also.

If I get a classic vette and don't do anything to crazy to it, it will increase in value sitting in the garage, and I get to enjoy it just hop in and cruising or car show time.
N/a wont have the same power, but its a car that starts and runs everytime with little to no surprises, has that great grumble etc... you might have to pump the gas sometimes to start it lol.
If it wasn't an investment I probably wouldn't get one, but the fact I can enjoy one and then many moons from now get my money back + more, that sounds freaking fantastic to me.

I just drove 2 c3 Vettes yesterday and the power is a little underwhelming to be honest, but the experience as a whole was exhilarating, T-tops down, steering that feels like it could do whatever it wants at 80mph, that v8 grumbling along, looking out at the road in literally a valley of fenders swooping up in the air, it was seriously magical and it confirmed it for me, I fell in love instantly, I will have one. I have wanted a metal bumper c3 since I was like 6 years old no kidding, just never rode in one till yesterday and what people say about a hard ride is not true, the thing rode softer than my sc300 and felt decently nimble to be honest.

I looked at a blue 1970 350 auto with 19k original miles, it was quite the experience everything was there and working, but the original paint has seen alot better days and car needed quite a bit of body/paint time to fix the fiberglass that flexes over the years, he was asking 23.5k so that was a bit steep so I am passing on that one especially since it didn't have factory air, don't want to lowball him but I got to go in a spin in it and it was f'ing fantastic. a guy in a brand new corvette gave us a thumbs up as we cruised by lol. his carb was also off but that stuff is easy to fix. I am suprised a guy with 3 vettes couuldn't tell that himself but some people are oblivious.

I also looked at a 71 that was more of a project and man it needed just way too much work. the motor ran solid and it was an original a/c car (not hooked up), but someone just did a bunch of wierd stuff to the body and all over the car it would have to be a full on restoration and I am not looking for that.

Going to look at a green/black 71 this weekend which has new paint and chrome work done, and is also a 350 auto but we will see how that one goes. its got factory air con that works which is nice.

Ideally I think I learnt that I wont find the one I want overnight, I am going to wait and look all around and see if I can get a deal on a 427 with the 4 speed manual. then I really wont have to do anyhing.
I would say 454 but the price jumps up again... everyone wants those.
Old 08-17-16, 10:29 AM
Halon
Racer

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
HAHAHA... the last 4 letters just doesn't look right.
You've seen the SNL Jeopardy skit I'm referring to right? "I'll take JAP ANUS relations for $100 Trebek"
Old 08-17-16, 10:49 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

lol I must have missed that one, but I do remember the "an album cover" skit haha
Old 08-21-16, 09:18 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Well Ladies and Gents, I bought my dream car, got myself a '71 stingray!!

I am super excited!!! I pick it up tomorrow after work. Only problem is now I have too many cars, have to sell a couple now.
I am still on the fence about whether to sell the audi or sell the sc or both.
Never thought I would sell the SC but if the right person wants it I think I could let it go.
If anyone is seriously interested PM me I'll make you a deal on it.
Old 08-21-16, 09:24 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 237 Likes on 215 Posts

Wow, that didn't take long!
Old 08-21-16, 10:05 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Knowing you , I know you are itching to boost that dang car. Go and sell the audi and sc now ! Bye bye 2JZ .... that is a nice one though !

Old 08-22-16, 06:05 AM
Halon
Racer

Everbody needs a green car, I approve!!!

May not be as fast as the SC, but I bet it'll be a blast to drive around. Congrats man!
Old 08-22-16, 07:59 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by t2d2
Wow, that didn't take long!
HAHA I know right, it just happned that way drove out an hour to see it and it was a clean drivers car so I jumped on it.

Originally Posted by gerrb
Knowing you , I know you are itching to boost that dang car. Go and sell the audi and sc now ! Bye bye 2JZ .... that is a nice one though !
You know me well, I will leave it alone for a little while but its going to eventually have some turbo's strapped to it.. or the 454 with some turbo's strapped to it.
I still may keep the SC, we shall see, I don't think it will bring much money anyways. I want to get the audi running and drive it and then I will have a better idea of which one is staying.
It would be nice if I can settle down to 3 cars again... and the vette is staying without a doubt. I really don't want to get rid of my 2JZ lol, I want to drag that SC at TX2k18-ish

Originally Posted by Halon
Everbody needs a green car, I approve!!!

May not be as fast as the SC, but I bet it'll be a blast to drive around. Congrats man!
Thanks!! it is a blast to drive, really not like anything else I have ever driven. I can't wait to get it slideways!!!
Old 08-22-16, 09:41 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Congrats on your new car! Your corvette is so clean. I would be obsessed with keeping the car spotless if I had that many chrome/polished parts on the outside.
Old 08-24-16, 12:44 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

What a beautiful Corvette! Nice color. Congratulations!I hope you`ll keep your SC as well!
Old 08-24-16, 07:46 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Ali!
Old 08-24-16, 08:30 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Congrats on your new car! Your corvette is so clean. I would be obsessed with keeping the car spotless if I had that many chrome/polished parts on the outside.
Thanks! I am starting to develop that obsession lol. unfortunately the day I got it we got caught in a small rainstorm and now its all dirty again with spots, need to give it a hand wash, wax and polish ASAP.

Originally Posted by Lettut
What a beautiful Corvette! Nice color. Congratulations!I hope you`ll keep your SC as well!
Thanks!! I wasn't sure about the green at first and then it grew on me when I saw it. apparently its a factory color with metal flake and it was repainted just like factory.
Emblems have all been shaved which I am not 100% sure I would have done that but I think it looks good like that also.

Originally Posted by HiPSI
Congrats Ali!
Thanks!! this should keep me busy for a while =)
Old 08-24-16, 09:00 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

that's slow as hell compared to your NA-T SC and heavier .. just teasing ... I know you can't help it . You are already thinking of how to make it fast . Remove all the interior to save weight to make it fast ... hahahaha .

Quick Reply: Ali SC3's "Workin on it" thread