Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My three Sc's...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-15, 07:52 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by adc27
You might have to give him a call. The only thing my kit didn't come with was the driveshaft and flywheel bolts. The kit would be the same as any s13 or s14 kit minus the motor mounts and driveshaft.
Ahh right on, thanks man. I love that you have a car for every purpose, keep up the good work.
Old 10-29-15, 11:27 AM
adc27
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris9884
Ahh right on, thanks man. I love that you have a car for every purpose, keep up the good work.
Thanks man! Hopefully next spring I'll have the 1j running!
Old 10-29-15, 12:00 PM
StephenSCB
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adc27
Yes that is correct. I did however have to bend a small piece of metal to attach the pedal to a bracket in the car. I also had to massage the brake booster slightly. The master cylinder is pretty much identical to the sc300 one, when it comes to the size of the three holes needed to be drilled.

cool that doesnt sound to bad you swaped out the brake pedal too?
i assume you didnt wire up a speed sensor and have a cat delete
Old 10-29-15, 12:34 PM
adc27
Rookie

Originally Posted by StephenSCB
cool that doesnt sound to bad you swaped out the brake pedal too?
i assume you didnt wire up a speed sensor and have a cat delete
Nope I still have the regular brake pedal in there. I did not wire up a speed sensor, and yes I deleted both my cats. Otherwise they would be almost touching the slave cylinder.
Old 10-29-15, 02:24 PM
StephenSCB
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ok cool i guess ima go with the s14 set up. I got hi flow cats that are smaller than the oem cats but im worried for space ima look into installing a hydro throw out bearing
Old 11-05-15, 11:53 AM
adc27
Rookie

Originally Posted by StephenSCB
ok cool i guess ima go with the s14 set up. I got hi flow cats that are smaller than the oem cats but im worried for space ima look into installing a hydro throw out bearing
That would work. My friend did that with his ls400 when he put a w58 in it.
Old 11-05-15, 02:00 PM
adc27
Rookie

Little update...Got my Tial Q bov in the mail today, test fit my manifold after I had my buddy redo the wastegate piping for me, I think it should clear the tunnel now, so I can drop it off to get it all welded up today. Need to buy a stock 02 sensor that will screw into my downpipe, any suggestions? Also still would like to know what that front most sensor on the block under the intake is for?
Attached Thumbnails My three Sc's...-img_5682.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_5683.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_5681.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_3194.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_3196.jpg  

Old 11-07-15, 04:06 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Total guess but I can only assume a knock sensor?
Old 12-01-15, 12:33 PM
adc27
Rookie

After some google searches it appears that sensor is the oil pressure switch. I got back my manifold from my welder friend, after some rough measurements everything should be able to fit no problems. I went ahead and bought some supra solid subframe mounts/bushings from mark's engineering, as well as some front adjustable upper control arms that will be going on the drift car. Just waiting on my motor mounts to get here so I can drop the motor into the car finally.
Attached Thumbnails My three Sc's...-img_5999.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_6002.jpg  
Old 02-17-16, 06:51 AM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

All of this looks great, I cant wait to hear it run. I am taking some pointers for when I start to work on my engine again.
Old 02-24-16, 08:58 AM
adc27
Rookie

I've been kinda lazy working on the 1jz. Got the last of the parts hopefully to complete the swap, but haven't worked on it much with the basement remodel getting done.

I ended up picking up another 92 sc300 5 speed for free basically. Guy needed it gone that day and we couldn't get it started so he basically gave it to me and told me to pay him once I got it started (500$). Hopefully I can get to it sometime in the spring/summer.

I did the timing belt/water pump/wires/plugs on the red car on a random nice day. Didn't have time to throw in all the solid bushings, so that will have to wait a couple more weeks as it's slowly getting warmer here.

I sold the blue car because I decided on getting a 2500 Suburban to pull the red car to drift events. It made me pretty nervous the past couple years driving 3 hours to an event, drifting for 3 days then having to drive back another 3 hours.

Also got around to putting some videos on youtube from the past drift event last September.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR2...C0HRBS3EWy0v8g
Attached Thumbnails My three Sc's...-img_3571.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_3572.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_3573.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_3692.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_3685.jpg  

Old 03-10-16, 08:37 AM
adc27
Rookie

Got the red car stripped and ready for the cage. Dropped it off last night at the guys house. Should be done in a week or so. Best part is hes doing it for just the cost of materials. Just bought some rear adjustable control arms as well. So after the cage is done, just gotta throw on the suspension parts and bushings and get an alignment and it will all be done. Also picked up a 94 k2500 Suburban with the big block for 2k.
Attached Thumbnails My three Sc's...-img_3802.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_3803.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_3786.jpg  
Old 04-13-16, 06:50 AM
adc27
Rookie

Cage got finished about a week ago. Got the harnesses in as well. Went to work on the front end and installed my front upper control arms and outer tie rods. Couldn't get the rear uppers loose at all so I had to drop the rear subframe. Cut out all the old bushings and installed solid everything as well. Finally got my solid driveshaft bushing as well and put that in lastnight. Car makes a ton of noise now due to all the bushings, but it sure does slide super smooth.

Old 05-11-16, 10:24 AM
adc27
Rookie

Took my red car up to brainerd the other weekend and ended up snapping the driveshaft at the welds within 20 minutes. My buddy blew up his clutch later that day and ended up making the 5 hour round trip to go pick a new one up. He grabbed his welder as well and was able to reweld my driveshaft so I could drive all day Sunday. Car handles so much better with the drifttec front upper control arms, and is so much more predictable with the solid rear bushings. The car just feels a lot more planted for sure. When I got back I painted the cage and the rest of the interior with the leftover paint I had. Also picked up an advan carbon fiber hood from "halon" on here. It didn't fit the way he wanted and wouldn't latch but for the price I couldn't pass it up. Also picked up some ls400 brakes for 100$ as my front brakes started leaking. Just gotta paint those red and throw them on. Still need to put this damn 1j in the white car!!! <br > <br > <br > <br > <br > <br > <br > <br > <br >
Old 05-13-16, 12:55 PM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome build! What rear upper control arms are those??

Quick Reply: My three Sc's...