Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992 sc400

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-16, 02:51 PM
Junkman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldManTan
i love race car builds! you go man, and nice on keeping the motor, 1uz is a beauty. if you haven't already take the cats and resonators out, that should let it breath a little, and also look up BFI, it probably doesn't add power but definitely makes throttle response better. ABS is easy to remove as well, get some brake line T connectors from a 90s corolla or celica. If you wanna remove the AC i can post a link to a shorter belt that works for that setup.
Do you have a number or the length of the belt after the A/c is removed?
Old 07-11-16, 02:19 PM
ryoffroad
Driver School Candidate

Yes, Ill grab the number for you.
Old 07-25-16, 07:39 PM
ryoffroad
Driver School Candidate

Hey, sorry for the delay. 6K630 for the serpentine belt. Is there a way to post video to this site? I found some video of us at the Thunderhill raceway and wanted to post it here.

Old 07-27-16, 05:56 PM
ryoffroad
Driver School Candidate

Default Another project

Soooooo I think I got bitten by the sc bug. We are still waiting on the conversion kit from Collins for the SC400. I was bored and did a quick craigslist search and wouldn't you know, a lexus SC300 for $1500.00. I drove down to check it out, brakes were shot, tires were shot, passenger window regulator is out. Drove it around the block and the thing shimmied horribly. I could tell that the front tires were completely shot and showing the steel belts. When I returned from the test drive I told him it needed all sorts of work. I brought my flatbed trailer for good measure and told him i would take it off his hands for $600. We eventually settled on $700 cash. On the drive home i stopped for new brake pads and some carpet cleaner.

Today I cleaned the heck out of the interior, still needs new door panels and he pulled the stereo out so I put the one from the SC400 In just to fill the void. He had cut all the wires and so i have to re-install the connectors, no biggy.

Today I used some auto zone plasti dip on the spare tires and rims we had for the sc400, installed the new brakes, lowered the front about 2 1/2 inches and lowered the rear about 2 inches. I still need to remove a few dents, polish and wax the car and she should be good to go. I drove her around the block today and the shimmy and grinding noises are all gone. The rear hub was loose also and so i had to retighten it and install a new cotter pin. For the moment the wife is upset that her parking space is now invaded with "another" pile of junk!!

Old 08-02-16, 08:58 AM
ryoffroad
Driver School Candidate

Default more progress

So a few of the lights were out under the dash, went to pick apart and found one for $20. Also purchased new hood actuators as the previous ones were blown and would not hold the hood up. Pick apart only had one SC and she was pretty much gutted. I still need to find a fuel door and some better door panels. Off to the DMV tomorrow to get her registered and I have already added insurance on it. Looking forward to the new commuter! Does anyone know what the White color is called? After some serious polish and wax she is looking much much better. The hood still has a good solid dent from under neath. It looks like it is in the location of the distributor. Does anyoneknow what could have caused this? Perhaps it exploded and shot debris up and this caused the UP dent from underneath? Pick apart said hoods were 40 bucks but the lexus they had was gold and also had dents..

Old 08-15-17, 01:47 PM
ryoffroad
Driver School Candidate

Some more progress, got an ac compressor, installed it and recharged the AC.. worked decent but not great.. noticed that both the low and high pressure lines looked damaged. I think the original fan blew apart and damaged the lines on the inner fender frame. Pulled the wires from a donor car at pick apart..( Putting on this week) The interior of the donor car was almost mint.. but I didn't have the time to pull it out..

Also I have been having a problem with the key ignition cylinder. Purchased one of off ebay and switched it out... much smoother but when the car is off I cannot pull the key out. If I pull the battery off I can then turn the key all the way off and then take the key out.. so not sure whats up with that..

Old 08-21-17, 12:20 PM
ryoffroad
Driver School Candidate

New to me exhaust is on.. Still having an issue with ignition.... New key cylinder went in easily, however the key will still not go to the "OFF" position. After doing some more research it appears that for some reason the Park Detect Switch may not be engaged? Any one have a similar problem? Im driving it now with a pair of needle nose plyers.. they work great..