Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris9884
Now I want a cigar.. Nice manifold too
Lol right !! You can never go wrong with a good cigar. Thanx
Old 07-30-14, 07:29 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subscribed.. because i could relate to just about everything your going threw since i been there already

so far so good..

just need to replace the TB for the older model thats simplified.
get your head situation resolved.
get that xs power plenum welded to the runners to eliminate leaks and gasket hassles.

then faze 2..
what you doing for motor internals?
the weakest part of the block is the rods... once you get passed 650whp and some nice abuse, on a not so perfect tune, and boom you got rods in the shape of a banana.

then faze 3..
fuel system.. we'll get to that when its time come lol

Last edited by BAD954BOI; 07-30-14 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-31-14, 08:31 AM
monkeyboy8
Driver

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
subscribed.. because i could relate to just about everything your going threw since i been there already

so far so good..

just need to replace the TB for the older model thats simplified.
get your head situation resolved.
get that xs power plenum welded to the runners to eliminate leaks and gasket hassles.

then faze 2..
what you doing for motor internals?
the weakest part of the block is the rods... once you get passed 650whp and some nice abuse, on a not so perfect tune, and boom you got rods in the shape of a banana.

then faze 3..
fuel system.. we'll get to that when its time come lol

i ordered another TB so im waiting for that to get here... as for the internals they was swapped with gte internals i was gonna keep it that way ..... my goal HP wise is 700-800 on e-85.. if the internals can handle that i will keep that set up. i havent started talking anything apart yet im trying to order all the major parts that i need... all i need now is the TT HG the cylinder head down pipe mid pipe well the whole exhaust system and fuel system. i want to take the engine and tranny out but its such a mess i just be like im going to wait until i have a whole week off of work.. i want to get everything powder coated .. its just so many things i want to do
Old 07-31-14, 01:28 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Also the XS power FFIM you have there looks like it has the 90mm Mustang flange on it, which means you can't bolt the q45 throttle body onto that one. If you are standalone you can get a 90mm mustang throttle body, or an RMR throttle body, or get a new flange from RMR and have it welded on. I just ran into this myself a few months back I thought they were q45 but they aren't.
Old 07-31-14, 02:04 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Also the XS power FFIM you have there looks like it has the 90mm Mustang flange on it, which means you can't bolt the q45 throttle body onto that one. If you are standalone you can get a 90mm mustang throttle body, or an RMR throttle body, or get a new flange from RMR and have it welded on. I just ran into this myself a few months back I thought they were q45 but they aren't.
thanx ali for the info !! so if i order the RMR flange i'll be able to use the q45 90mm TB ? or would it be better to buy the mustang 90mm TB or RMR TB ? i have a 2001 Q45 TB and i order a 1994 Q45 90mm tb from ebay. to late to cancel that i could put it back on ebay when i get it i guess
Old 07-31-14, 03:00 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

if you order the q45 flange then yes you can use the q45 throttle body but you have to get it cut off and welded on which might be a pain, if you do that I would suggest shortening the intake a little bit cause the q45 throttle body is a little longer than the mustang/rmr ones. this can get tricky as you see it has to be welded at a little bit of an angle to get it straight in the car, a good welding place that works with aluminum can do that though. also q45 is not really 90mm its like 82.5mm and if you are bolting on the FFIM that 8mm smaller can make it hard to stick your arm all the way down to tighten the last bolt. I took a dremel to mine and dremeled it out to about 90mm where I can stick my arm down there just barely. depending on how big your forearms are something to think about... see how easily you can reach down it right now cause right now you have a 90mm opening.

The mustang one fits cause thats a 90mm mustang flange but wont work with a toyota tps, adapter is no longer available from RMR it seems so this is mostly for those on standalone, I am not a fan of the mustang TB really on our cars.

The RMR 90mm TB with the gte tps adapter they sell is a straight bolt on but its $350. kind of steep for a throttle body but a very nice piece. its short, works well, looks really good, and is bolt on for that intake. I almost got one but I figured why get a TB that was 3 times the cost of the intake you know so I am having a machine shop swap it for a q45 flange and weld on a IACV flange at the same time. also I am keeping some emission stuff so the q45 throttle body has the ports on top which will work for me but most delete all that stuff anyways.
Old 07-31-14, 10:35 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by monkeyboy8
i ordered another TB so im waiting for that to get here... as for the internals they was swapped with gte internals i was gonna keep it that way ..... my goal HP wise is 700-800 on e-85.. if the internals can handle that i will keep that set up. i havent started talking anything apart yet im trying to order all the major parts that i need... all i need now is the TT HG the cylinder head down pipe mid pipe well the whole exhaust system and fuel system. i want to take the engine and tranny out but its such a mess i just be like im going to wait until i have a whole week off of work.. i want to get everything powder coated .. its just so many things i want to do
As for the internals the GE and gte have the same internals besides pistons and oil squirters... So it's all about torque when it comes to the rods.. I'm not saying they won't handle the power it's all about how long..

Just leave the internals when it's time to refresh..
Old 08-02-14, 05:25 AM
2jzcrazy
Driver School Candidate

Default Throttle body

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Ali I am running the same manifold which tranny kick down cable and throttle body cable do I use?
Old 10-04-14, 12:00 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

hey im back ... im having some problems... my car turn on but it wont click over like its no gas going to the engine. i have some more pictures to post.. but im stuck like i dont know where to start at
Old 10-05-14, 08:59 AM
monkeyboy8
Driver

some more stuff
Attached Thumbnails Detroit NA-T build up coming soon-277.jpg  
Old 10-05-14, 09:02 AM
monkeyboy8
Driver

and some more
Attached Thumbnails Detroit NA-T build up coming soon-275.jpg