Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Detroit NA-T build up coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-14, 01:59 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detroit NA-T build up coming soon

Hey what's going on so in a week or two I will buy a 92 sc300 from a buddy of mine. I've been doing some research on parts I wanted. My goal is to have a 800 HP v8 killer. The ge is turbo already I think it need a inter cooler tho. The pistons and all that stuff is forged already. Brakes are done too 6 pistons in the back 4 in the front. I'm going to redo the whole fuel system so I can run e-85. The thing I was really thinkin about was buying a gte and building that using BC 264 cams. But I was thinking If I could use my ge head and just get that built I could save money because I already have every thing. It's running the disturber less set up already and I will be running a aem ecu. Please share your opinions I'm always willing to listen. This will be a slow build since I drive a semi the sc isn't my dd so I'm not in a rush but I do want it done by next summer. Also if y'all know any shops that work on these cars let know it's now much near detroit but I'm willing to drive to Chicago area. Thanx for reading
Old 07-08-14, 08:03 AM
monkeyboy8
Driver

Default The build up

Hey everyone ! I just bought a sc300 and The engine bay is a mess it's turbo charge but it's not a kit I think the guy just made his own. He redid the harness to make it run distributorless. He recommended replacing the head and both manifolds , the wire harness and the ecu. He also said the pistons and all that stuff was forged but I'm not sure I haven't took anything apart yet . My goal was to try to make 800 hp but I'm content with around 600. I want to take the engine out and get it the block checked to see if I should just save up for gte. I want to know if it would be better to add gte head or buy another ge head I want to upgrade the cams to Brian crowers 264/264 cams and run 3.5 inch piping and get the aem v1 or v2. I plan on running gas for now. I'm just stuck trying to figure out everything that I will need plus I live in detroit and it's not much help around here... So I will gladly take any help

Last edited by monkeyboy8; 07-08-14 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-08-14, 08:11 AM
monkeyboy8
Driver

I tried to add pictures but they won't upload
Attached Thumbnails Detroit NA-T build up coming soon-image.jpg  
Old 07-08-14, 08:14 AM
monkeyboy8
Driver

More picture
Old 07-08-14, 08:16 AM
monkeyboy8
Driver

Another picture
Old 07-08-14, 08:17 AM
mecheng10
Lead Lap

hey man! good luck on the build.
if you are looking for a good shop that works on the 2jz engine, look at accelerated performance in Toledo ohio.
Don is an awesome guy, and is well known for his outstanding work.

and good find! im from Toledo and I never see an scs rolling around. im currently in the middle of my build and I only want ~400 hp for now
Old 07-08-14, 08:17 AM
monkeyboy8
Driver

And another one
Old 07-08-14, 08:30 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Welcome to the OP. As I have mentioned to you in your PM to me asking for help , surely there would be a lot of people on this forum who will be willing to help you that is the reason I asked you and all the others asking me for help through PM to start a build thread . Do a lot of reading and when you are between cross roads don't hesitate to ask them in your build thread.

Pictures of the SC once you have it would be nice . People love threads with pictures.

Again welcome to the forum and good luck !
Old 07-08-14, 08:35 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

You might want to post these on your other build thread and request a moderator to delete this.

good luck
Old 07-08-14, 09:15 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I merged your 2 threads, welcome to CL.
looks like someone has done a combination of the distributorless setup with 1zz/2zz coils and a gte intake manifold. I would suggest starting with getting rid of the gte intake manifold especially if it is not welded together, when bolted they just never work right and I am not trying to be picky or whatever really just trying to help you out at the power goals you are stating that is not a good way to go, the stock intake of a FFIM would be much better.
All the other stuff looks like a good start and good luck with the project.
Old 07-08-14, 12:39 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

[QUOTE=mecheng10;8616075]hey man! good luck on the build.
if you are looking for a good shop that works on the 2jz engine, look at accelerated performance in Toledo ohio.
Don is an awesome guy, and is well known for his outstanding work.

and good find! im from Toledo and I never see an scs rolling around. im currently in the middle of my build and I only want ~400 hp for now[/QUOTE

Thanx man ! it's going to be a long slow build I'm only 4 days a month. But I'm going to call that shop to see what kind of work they can do for me
Old 07-08-14, 12:48 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
looks like someone has done a combination of the distributorless setup with 1zz/2zz coils and a gte intake manifold. I would suggest starting with getting rid of the gte intake manifold especially if it is not welded together, when bolted they just never work right and I am not trying to be picky or whatever really just trying to help you out at the power goals you are stating that is not a good way to go, the stock intake of a FFIM would be much better.
Thanx for the input. A couple of things I'm debuting is replacing the harness. The car run and work fine with the harness that's on it now. The guy told me I should replace and buy the gte harness but if the ge harness is working I would rather put that money towards a stand alone ecu. He also recommended using a gte head vs the ge head but from what I read it seem like I would have to replace more parts using the gte head vs the ge
Old 07-08-14, 12:58 PM
QWIKSTRIKE
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ali SC3

They are probably after market 2zz tpye coils. OEM coils are not that color on the top, and 1ZZ coils don't sit that high. Get an aluminum plate 3 7/8" wide 24" long and bolt them down. Good luck with the build. Why do you feel the need to buy a 2JZGTE when you can just rebuild that with the same forged internals or better.
Old 07-08-14, 01:08 PM
deputy865
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to see another Michigan SC!

I'll be keeping tabs! You've got a good platform to start from!
Old 07-08-14, 01:45 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ali -You beat me to it lol , That manifold has to go.

Don't change the head, keep that head it works great and makes plenty of power.

Welcome to CL , Your setup looks good, just a little bit of cleaning wires and vaccum lines and you will be done.

Quick Reply: Detroit NA-T build up coming soon