Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My widebody 98 SC400

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-14, 04:21 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Biddles, you really suck for quoting a post that takes up nearly a page.

Always wondered what an sc would look like on r35 wheels, but I really dislike em here. I don't know if it's the tire size that makes it worse or what, but I think theyd look better on a stock bodied car.

Yeah, tail lights, wtf, blah blah blah.

Edit: I figured it out. Stock gtr tires and your height. You just can't go aggressive like that with a ride height like that. I understand it's difficult to drive anywhere slammed and it's easy to destroy the kit that way, but it just really looks like **** the way it is now. It gets worse every time I look at it. I thought you were into stance? And that's coming from someone that highly dislikes the "stance'' scene and it's followers.

Last edited by Vrank; 02-03-14 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-03-14, 04:21 PM
PiXEL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Little Upgrade
Once the audio was done, the wheels went on. a set of BBS LM reps, 20x10.5 and 20x9.5 if i remember correctly with Falken 235/30 on the back and 245/30 on the front.

Old 02-03-14, 04:25 PM
PiXEL
Driver School Candidate

Oh i forgot, Magnaflow exhaust w/ 2.75 piping into an x pipe out to 4 inch tips
Old 02-03-14, 04:53 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ you removed the wide body? Or..? I feel like it's not the same car
Old 02-03-14, 05:47 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Us Houston guys need to get together soon. Once weather is better I want to see some of these cars.

Shane
Old 02-03-14, 05:59 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PiXEL
Not for now. Maybe a 6 speed swap in the somewhat near future, but im content with its current power. If this car were to get the engine built i would either turbo the 1UZ and work my way up to around 450HP or so, or swap in a GTE and go for 650HP.
Good plans if you go that route and turbo the 1UZ

Sick audio setup!

Is this going to be a show car?
Old 02-03-14, 06:00 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
^ you removed the wide body? Or..? I feel like it's not the same car
I think hes showing us the progress of his build when he got it untill now.
Old 02-04-14, 11:23 AM
PiXEL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Vrank
Biddles, you really suck for quoting a post that takes up nearly a page.

Always wondered what an sc would look like on r35 wheels, but I really dislike em here. I don't know if it's the tire size that makes it worse or what, but I think theyd look better on a stock bodied car.

Yeah, tail lights, wtf, blah blah blah.

Edit: I figured it out. Stock gtr tires and your height. You just can't go aggressive like that with a ride height like that. I understand it's difficult to drive anywhere slammed and it's easy to destroy the kit that way, but it just really looks like **** the way it is now. It gets worse every time I look at it. I thought you were into stance? And that's coming from someone that highly dislikes the "stance'' scene and it's followers.
The wheels came with a fresh set of Nitto NT555's all the way around which aren't stock. I'm going to enjoy those for awhile before I go for broke on the stance. Also, 20's are too big to be on the ground w/o a ton of camber, and I'm not going to camber wear the crap out of these tires. I'm at a good mixture of form/function for now, I'll throw function out the window in a few months

Originally Posted by SSmith
Us Houston guys need to get together soon. Once weather is better I want to see some of these cars.

Shane
I've yet to go to an SC meet. I've been looking around but I can't find anything other than Kemah, Teaworks, CnC, sketchy Woodlands meet, etc. If you find/go to one PM me or add me on Facebook and let me know

Originally Posted by Joey-E
Good plans if you go that route and turbo the 1UZ

Sick audio setup!

Is this going to be a show car?
Thanks
Yep, Already went to a show called killswitch before the widebody and killed the (lack of) competition for SQ and got top 100 in the car show portion but there were maybe 250 cars there so not saying much lol

Originally Posted by Joey-E
I think hes showing us the progress of his build when he got it untill now.
Correct. I posted the widebody on the first post so you got a quick view on the final build.

Coming up next is why I went widebody and why people In my neighborhood now call me DK........
Old 10-23-14, 07:16 PM
PiXEL
Driver School Candidate

Time to necro my old build thread
First off I want to say that it has (obviously) been awhile since I've posted about my car, however I have changed almost nothing since the last time I posted. However, I plan on changing the tail lights to Car Shop Glow LED's with my stock tails that are sitting in a box. For those who do not know, here is an example on Tom Siik's S2000. I imagine if i do get a set made, that it will be similar to this.

Tom Siik's S2000 shot by Mayday Garage
Next, I'm going to do what you guys recommended awhile ago and swap the ebay lenses onto my stock headlights, and maybe retrofit some projectors while I'm in there and get the housing painted flat black. We'll see.
Third, I plan on switching up the wheels to a set of Work Meister S1 3 Piece's in a black chrome finish on the lip, flat black on the face, and gold hardware. As played out as a lot of you may think they are, I love them way too much and i think they'll look great on my car. As far as sizing, I'm pretty sure it will be a 19 inch, but I'm not too sure on the width and offset. I'll go outside and get some measurements within the next few days and post up the results for anyone interested in widebody fitment.
Fourth, and most unimportant, I'm seriously considering the Rocket Bunny S14 wing Molded on and not riveted. I think it would flow quite well with the rest of the car with a few modifications done to it.

As far as the audio goes, i really hate how dirty the inside of the trunk is getting. im going to get it cleaned this weekend and tint the two smaller plexi windows just dark enough to hide dust, and if there's an issue with a lack of visibility i have lights inside of each window that can illuminate everything quite well.

Next, the car has seen some more body shop time. I decided to be a genius and run spacers, and oh did I pay for it. The stock studs i suppose couldn't handle the increased strain between the (Powered by Max) spacers and the heavier wheels, and I snapped them all off on the rear right side while I was driving. Luckily, I managed to slow down a bit before it came all the way off, to around 10MPH or so. The end result was a scratched up GTR wheel, a busted quarter panel, a miraculously terrible body shop experience, and broken dreams
I'd rather not go into detail about the experience with the body shop in an effort to retain sanity, but I will say that I will ensure that neither myself nor anyone I know ever gives them a dime. Ever.

I think that should be it as far as updates. I plan on keeping this a bit more up to date, so, yeah.

and about the DK thing. i smashed a guardrail sideways at 40 and hit the quarter panel and fender. luckily the wheel took most of the impact and it was a rep so it broke into pieces. managed to limp the 1 and a half miles or so back home. frame is still perfectly straight, body was pretty bad. ill post pics tomorrow at some point of the whole widebody process.

heres a mildly relevant picture of my car that is reasonably recent

Alec Barron's '98 SC400 shot by Mayday Garage

Last edited by PiXEL; 10-23-14 at 07:21 PM. Reason: peekshur
Old 10-23-14, 07:26 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where are all the Houston SC's hiding at?? I keep seeing posts, but have never seen the cars :/
Seen a clean silver 97 SC the other day on BW8 turning on to I-10 under the pass (some sort of aftermarket wheels, but couldn't tell what they were)....

The car looked awesome with the widebody and GTR wheels, where did it all go? Dont get me wrong, still looks good with the BBS wheels.
Old 10-23-14, 07:33 PM
PiXEL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Where are all the Houston SC's hiding at?? I keep seeing posts, but have never seen the cars :/
Seen a clean silver 97 SC the other day on BW8 turning on to I-10 under the pass (some sort of aftermarket wheels, but couldn't tell what they were)....

The car looked awesome with the widebody and GTR wheels, where did it all go? Dont get me wrong, still looks good with the BBS wheels.
the BBS wheels were before the widebody, the GTR wheels are with widebody and is my current setup. And if you want to meet other car people here, Mayday Garage meets are the best for that. Ricebox Truck meet every wednesday night outside of poison girl, Coffee and Rice every Sunday morning at Tout Suite. 1 or 2 other SC guys and everything in between.
Old 10-23-14, 07:39 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PiXEL
the BBS wheels were before the widebody, the GTR wheels are with widebody and is my current setup. And if you want to meet other car people here, Mayday Garage meets are the best for that. Ricebox Truck meet every wednesday night outside of poison girl, Coffee and Rice every Sunday morning at Tout Suite. 1 or 2 other SC guys and everything in between.
Ahh, ok so just a quirky timeline with the pics. Really like the widebody/gtr setup, looks awesome. I know about the Ricebox meets, but never felt "welcomed" around the stance/show guys , guess thats one reason I dont see alot of SC's around Houston. And C&C is just too early in the am for my taste, and I dont drink coffee. I know shortly after I got my SC, someone locally hosted a Lexus VIP meet at HCC/Old Chili's parking lot @BW8 and I-10, but there was never one to follow
Old 10-23-14, 07:47 PM
GISguy
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

How the hell do you get that kind of shine? o_O
Old 10-23-14, 07:54 PM
PiXEL
Driver School Candidate

Ahh, ok so just a quirky timeline with the pics.
yeah sorry, i need to rearrange it
Really like the widebody/gtr setup, looks awesome.
thanks!
I know about the Ricebox meets, but never felt "welcomed" around the stance/show guys guess thats one reason I dont see alot of SC's around Houston.
The guys that show up are all over the place, not just stance. Theres brand new mustangs, old school cadillacs, drift trucks, show cars, all kinds of stuff. really welcoming crowd too, just dont be 'that guy' and rev and do burnouts like the mustang guys like to do almost every time they show up..
And C&C is just too early in the am for my taste, and I dont drink coffee.
You're actually thinking of the monthly Coffee and Cars, Coffee and RIce is a separate event hosted by Mayday at Tout Suite. The place actually has delicious breakfast (the vietnamese steak and eggs is delicious), an epic bakery(macaroons are great there!), and all kinds of greenway coffee.

I sound like a damn spokesman, lol..
Old 10-23-14, 07:57 PM
PiXEL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GISguy
How the hell do you get that kind of shine? o_O
wax on, wax off
Also, i forget who it was that shot it but everyone that shoots for them is a professional, so their lighting skills are great.

Quick Reply: My widebody 98 SC400