Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-15, 02:38 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

I liked the outcome of my wrinkled parts and black themed engine bay on my Red Mamba Two SC. Today, tried to re wrinkle my intake manifold for this Beige car... getting better with it and learning a lot. On a really hot summer day like today, under the sun, your wrinkle becomes finer.

Old 06-22-15, 07:34 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I cant wait to see this intake manifold in the sandstone beige engine bay.....will help me decide if I am going to buy one

Gerry could you please mock up the sard fuel rail on the PNT intake....I want to see how the gold and black look
Old 06-23-15, 06:23 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Ryan - too early for me to look for something... the spacers and bolts, so I just placed the sard fuel rail on top of the other

Old 06-23-15, 08:36 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Awesome thanks...PM me all the stuff you have with that sard rail.....i.e all specs....and what is included....I may pick that up from you
Old 06-23-15, 05:36 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Awesome thanks...PM me all the stuff you have with that sard rail.....i.e all specs....and what is included....I may pick that up from you
I will let go of my Red Mamba One manifold with direct port nitrous setup.. I am replacing it with a Hypertune 12 injectors Race Manifold with direct port nitrous also. I would try to push that car beyond 1000rwhp and see whether that ATF built A340e will survive .

Thinking of converting all that chrome on Red Mamba One into black. I am getting tired of polishing that engine bay. Red Mamba Two , I have never cleaned the bay since I got it running....hahaha...less maintenance
Old 06-24-15, 11:45 AM
nuturf87
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gerrb I like that wrinkled finish on IM. Nice job! I kinda like the raw finished materials a bit more that your typical polished plenum. But they all look great, its just a matter of choice and taste.
Old 06-24-15, 12:26 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nuturf87
Gerrb I like that wrinkled finish on IM. Nice job! I kinda like the raw finished materials a bit more that your typical polished plenum. But they all look great, its just a matter of choice and taste.
Thank you . I am truly getting tired of polishing my Red Mamba One engine bay . It is nice when it is always clean but it needs constant maintainance / cleaning up.

I am really liking more the black engine bays

I have never cleaned my Red Mamba Two engine bay since I got it running.

Old 06-26-15, 07:38 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

looks like i might be parking my SC for a while. i got a tag on my ES300, and enjoying the AC and great MPG haha
Old 06-26-15, 11:52 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

^^^ Time for you to do the swap ... come on . Your buddy Brad , nice fellow , was in my place in Duluth this morning . Most of your buddies have the 1JZ gte . Work on yours, now that you have a different daily.

Let me make it clear to all the local forum members here in GA , lmaol, I don't work on any body's car so you guys stop asking me to do anything for you especially doing a swap or putting together your engines. Every one who comes to see me wanted me to do something for them. I want you guys to work on your cars so you know what to do when something goes wrong. The best I can do is help you but you got to work on your cars. Well for those among you who are rich then bring them to well known , reputable performance shops . PM me if you want some recommendations.

Worked on my other intake for the 2nd motor am working on.. it's a stock TT intake. The stock TT Intake had been proven in 1000rwhp 2jzgte motors with the right mods. Told you, black is the way to go for me now ..

Both intakes for both motors are ready

Last edited by gerrb; 06-26-15 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-26-15, 12:52 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

yeah i should do a swap... i just don't feel like spending all that money right now hahah. everyone has the 1jz cuz it's so much cheaper. most of them don't really have well paying jobs

i'll do the work on my car but i get really bored if i dont have someone there to at least just hang around with me. i enjoy the car scene and working on cars but i get way too bored when none of my car friends are around, so my projects just end up sitting, like my old 240... it sat for over a year because everyone was busy and didn't want to come hangout or help out... i'll def need your guidance if i ever get around to swapping my SC. nissans are easy, these's cars are a step up.
Old 06-26-15, 12:57 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by irondonkey
yeah i should do a swap... i just don't feel like spending all that money right now hahah. everyone has the 1jz cuz it's so much cheaper. most of them don't really have well paying jobs

i'll do the work on my car but i get really bored if i dont have someone there to at least just hang around with me. i enjoy the car scene and working on cars but i get way too bored when none of my car friends are around, so my projects just end up sitting, like my old 240... it sat for over a year because everyone was busy and didn't want to come hangout or help out... i'll def need your guidance if i ever get around to swapping my SC. nissans are easy, these's cars are a step up.
I'm only a phone call away jerk lol,
Old 06-26-15, 01:03 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by irondonkey

Well, the 1JZ would work. Exactly why I said in one of the threads , a reason why SC owners are not really spending on their cars it is because most are not in a position to do so. It is not that they really don't want to but they can't, being young kids, students or hadjust started on their careers. It is understandable . I don't wonder why SC owners are labeled cheap .. 70% are 27 yrs old and below...so go figure. I myself couldn't really play when I was at that age.

But you I know have the money so don't be cheap .. hahaha. Work on it even if it is a 1JZ. Get a 30pack ready always and I will swing by ... me drinking your beer while I watch you work . You just need company right , hahaha, you are just around the corner from my place in Duluth so get the drinks ready !

Last edited by gerrb; 06-26-15 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-26-15, 01:04 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by chnk
I'm only a phone call away jerk lol,
hahahahahahahhahaha ...

Hey Chris , what front lip for 1997 bumper do you have ? Brad told me this morning you have a couple !
Old 06-26-15, 01:22 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
hahahahahahahhahaha ...

Hey Chris , what front lip for 1997 bumper do you have ? Brad told me this morning you have a couple !
the fujin and vertex lol

vertex needs fiber glass repair which i'll get too once I fix my vertex sides too
Old 06-27-15, 03:52 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by chnk
the fujin and vertex lol

vertex needs fiber glass repair which i'll get too once I fix my vertex sides too
Don't you have a wise lip too ? You selling the Fujin ? send me a text message if you are .

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys