Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-15, 02:17 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
You very well know it isn't painted yet.
lol with that story who needs paint just throw some clear over it and call it a day.
you see those patina trucks like on gas monkey garage, will have to let it rust some first though.
Old 06-17-15, 06:08 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by LoveSCs
LOL great story
Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Sleeper status FTW
Originally Posted by Ali SC3
lol with that story who needs paint just throw some clear over it and call it a day.
you see those patina trucks like on gas monkey garage, will have to let it rust some first though.
Who would ever think that this technicolor , raggedy looking car will put a 2015 Z06 corvette making almost 600rwhp and a 500rwhp 2014 mustang to shame... It indeed puts a big smile on my face when you see cars on your rear view mirror trying to catch up with you and get away quick from them the moment they are near your tail especially if they are newer cars like these two ...

my raggedy looking Red Mamba One how it looks today... body work / bondo every where , different color side mirror , different color bumpers and sides .

When those two cars followed me at the Home Depot parking lot , the guy in the corvette asked me what I had in the car . He said he had almost 600rwhp and every time he gets near my tail I quickly get away from him. He didn't know I always sprayed nitrous during those times .

I said, "Do you want to see the title ? It is a 1992 raggedy looking car that looks like to be falling apart." and I smiled. He said ... "hell dude, can you show us your bay ? " ..popped up the hood and when he saw my bay , he said, "damnit , with that nitrous on the 67mm you should be at least at 800rwhp" and asked "How much do you have on this car ?" and I responded maybe 1/4" the cost of your car since I did all the work . All he can do is shake is head .

That is why at times I am tempted to leave it raggedy looking and not paint it at all . I am able to fool lots of car owners on the streets. It is indeed a pitiful looking car if you are just judging it by its exterior . Though I hate also being seen by people on a car , especially those who do not know anything about this car, that looks like it is gonna fall apart anytime that is why I want it to have at least a decent paint job. Every time I park on a public place and get out of it , some people just give me the looks as though telling me, hell, why did you park that piece of junk near my car ?

Last edited by gerrb; 06-17-15 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-17-15, 07:27 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Amen...

I always try to do this with Supercars at the local cars and coffee meets......but none of them like to play...

I tried to get a viper to do some pulls on the highway and he wouldnt do it....rofl....

The car meet is more of a show how much money I have
Old 06-17-15, 01:27 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

yeah the sleeper status is definitely nice at times but you might be too sleeper with the mismatched bumper, just being a stock body SC that is clean is usually sleeper enough. gonna change my vote to paint it all red you aren't quite at the patina over the rust stage yet =) looks like 3k3 Garnett red pearl so you will have your work cut out for you.
Old 06-18-15, 05:29 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

It will eventually get a paint job... I just doubt it will be 3k garnet red pearl since I have the other SC as that color. I can't make up my mind on this one ...white, rsp or black. We will see.
Old 06-19-15, 05:51 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now that is a funny story

lmfao
Old 06-21-15, 03:29 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

After a lot of thinking and consideration on what my SCs are for , being my sleeper toys ... I have decided to keep the old man's tan color so all the more it won't be attracting attention. This car is suppose to make more power than my Red Mamba One, hopefully . Well , its internals and other supporting mods are more than capable to do so after all !

Started cleaning up and doing some work on the engine bay yesterday .. I will spray 2 more layers of base color then a couple of clear coat

fabricated intercooler brackets and got it in there.

Last edited by gerrb; 06-21-15 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-21-15, 03:59 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I did install drilled rotors all around and ls400 brakes in front. Kept the sc400 brakes at the rear since I was using Mickey Thompson ET Street II Drag Radials 295x50x16 at the rear with the MKIV wheels .

Last edited by gerrb; 06-21-15 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-21-15, 10:54 PM
MishaV
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha dude. You are a sc addict!
Cant wait to see what the end result of this car wil look like and off course.
How it performs
Old 06-22-15, 07:05 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice.....Some love for the Sandstone Beige.........
Old 06-22-15, 11:27 AM
SCereal
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you get to dropping in your 4L80 before I do, it'll be easier to just replicate what you do than figure it all out myself.

A few posts back you talked about the wrist pins and such. There's no OD difference right? it's all ID? If I happened across a gerrb style deal on some rods, i could pick them up and get the proper thickness pins at a later date without having to machine the rods or anything right?
Old 06-22-15, 11:56 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MishaV
Haha dude. You are a sc addict!
Cant wait to see what the end result of this car wil look like and off course.
How it performs
Thank you !

My wife told me she is looking for a Medical Practitioner that will take out that ring-a-ling 2jzgte sickness in my head... hahaha. She herself couldn't decipher when will I ever stop with this 2JZ madness.

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Nice.....Some love for the Sandstone Beige.........
Yeah, figured , it will be a really nice sleeper color.. old man's tan ! But seriously the very first car I paid out of my own money was this color and could be nice if it gets a good paint job actually.

Originally Posted by SCereal
I hope you get to dropping in your 4L80 before I do, it'll be easier to just replicate what you do than figure it all out myself.

A few posts back you talked about the wrist pins and such. There's no OD difference right? it's all ID? If I happened across a gerrb style deal on some rods, i could pick them up and get the proper thickness pins at a later date without having to machine the rods or anything right?
hahaha... honestly I don't know about that damn 4L80e. Most of what I read is you need some hammering on that tunnel. So truly, I still don't have a clue on exactly what work needs to be done. I have never read any build thread using it on an SC and like you , I truly hate being a guinea pig. It is much better if you know what to do right away and you don't waste time. Got the tranny , ATF adapter, driveshaft , shifter and even has a transbrake . I hate dropping the damn drive train just to find out it doesn't fit and need to take it out...I will indeed hate that.

Was thinking to push my extra ATF Built A340e on this car first, see if it will withstand 1100rwhp at least on the dyno. That is at least a drop in the bucket , no sweat in terms of installation ! I won't be using such power anyway after that since I don't go to the drag strip. I really want to know where that tranny will bring me since Red Mamba One & Two both have the ATF Built A340e. Meanwhile I want to do more research / reading about the 4l80e on an SC, hoping I will stumble on a build thread. I got to talk to someone installed on a MKIV. He wasn't too happy about it..,..lots of hammering. And to be doing all that work on jackstands or without a lift will be a pain. Then, when I know and am fully confident on the work to be done or my ATF A340e give way on this 1100rwhp car , will get the 4l80e in. I want this car running before the summer ends if it is all possible since I am heading for a long summer trip somewhere.

Hahaha , deals are out there , just need to be watchful. Wrist Pins for 2JZGTE are basically same OD.. only ID differs depending on wall thickness of the wrist pin. Small End of Rods holes should not be touched or machined. The wrist pin OD sizes are standard for 2JZGTE rods and pistons. If you observe the .230" wrist pins I posted, they are JE and am using them on a CP Piston set and Carillo HD Rods on one engine and Crower Billet Rods on the other engine.

Last edited by gerrb; 06-22-15 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-22-15, 01:09 PM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dun Dun Dun.... Old man sleeper staus. Very Nice! Wish you would run one of these cars at the 1/2 Mile Event :0
Old 06-22-15, 02:15 PM
SCereal
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gerrb
hahaha... honestly I don't know about that damn 4L80e. Most of what I read is you need some hammering on that tunnel. So truly, I still don't have a clue on exactly what work needs to be done. I have never read any build thread using it on an SC and like you , I truly hate being a guinea pig. It is much better if you know what to do right away and you don't waste time. Got the tranny , ATF adapter, driveshaft , shifter and even has a transbrake . I hate dropping the damn drive train just to find out it doesn't fit and need to take it out...I will indeed hate that.

Hahaha , deals are out there , just need to be watchful. Wrist Pins for 2JZGTE are basically same OD.. only ID differs depending on wall thickness of the wrist pin. Small End of Rods holes should not be touched or machined. The wrist pin OD sizes are standard for 2JZGTE rods and pistons. If you observe the .230" wrist pins I posted, they are JE and am using them on a CP Piston set and Carillo HD Rods on one engine and Crower Billet Rods on the other engine.
Cool, thanks for the confirmation. After my trans goes in, it'll be proefi, e85 and a built bottom end time.

I've only heard of one person with a 4l80e in a SC and seemed like there was less bashing on the tunnel than the MKIVs. I'm planning to build my own with parts from Jakes Performance so once it's all torn down to an empty case, I'll use that to fit it into the car while it's nice and light.

I was dead set on going with a A340 for ease of install and to keep my gated shifter. I knew a guy who knew a bunch of tricks to build it up but between him dropping off the radar and too many guys blowing them up at 900-1kwhp or even less, I don't want to worry about it and will bash whatever i have to bash to squeeze this monster trans in. I'm going to be on E85 so the torque is going to be crazy and my car is the opposite of light weight.
Old 06-22-15, 02:30 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SC2JZ300
Dun Dun Dun.... Old man sleeper staus. Very Nice! Wish you would run one of these cars at the 1/2 Mile Event :0
Planning to do that on this Beige car that is why I am going through every bolt and nut for safety inspections reasons. And besides this will would have more power than Red Mamba One hopefully.

Originally Posted by SCereal
Cool, thanks for the confirmation. After my trans goes in, it'll be proefi, e85 and a built bottom end time.

I've only heard of one person with a 4l80e in a SC and seemed like there was less bashing on the tunnel than the MKIVs. I'm planning to build my own with parts from Jakes Performance so once it's all torn down to an empty case, I'll use that to fit it into the car while it's nice and light.

I was dead set on going with a A340 for ease of install and to keep my gated shifter. I knew a guy who knew a bunch of tricks to build it up but between him dropping off the radar and too many guys blowing them up at 900-1kwhp or even less, I don't want to worry about it and will bash whatever i have to bash to squeeze this monster trans in. I'm going to be on E85 so the torque is going to be crazy and my car is the opposite of light weight.
I hope you are right on the tunnel bashing. I hate to experiment on my 4l80e setup since it cost me an arm and a leg that is why I want to make sure of everything needed to be done before dropping it in. Pretty sure I will learn from your experience. I just don't have the time for problems this summer so I will first drop the ATF A340 and get the car running before my summer trip.

Patrick of ATF told me to stay around 850rwhp on their built A340e . I believe I will survive the 1100rwhp on the dyno but I will install 3 or 4 huge tranny coolers. So far, that had been the secret on my other two ATF trannies....coolers. I have pushed Red Mamba One really hard many times but my fluid temps where right a tad below 200F . It had 3 tranny coolers. After the dyno, this beige car will only be run between 500 - 800rwhp on the streets / highways anyway.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys