Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-15, 08:09 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
^^^ damn , if you have the money to spend on an M3 E90... you have a lot better choices than that car that will be cheaper to maintain if it is a daily driver.
what other cars do you think would be good?

i'd also be happy with a 2jzgte swapped SC like the red one you just finished too hahah

those cars can be bought for under $25k. i could get one from car max, and buy their warranty so they can fix anything that breaks. lol
Old 06-01-15, 06:27 AM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to butt in, but Yeesh German cars, yeah......Just seems like a step backwards from reliability, just my personal experience. They look fantastic have great performance, just too many Tupperware engine parts for me and just like a hot woman, even though she looks great for her age usually that means she's been worn fairly hard for those years before you met her.
Old 06-01-15, 07:04 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by irondonkey
what other cars do you think would be good?

i'd also be happy with a 2jzgte swapped SC like the red one you just finished too hahah

those cars can be bought for under $25k. i could get one from car max, and buy their warranty so they can fix anything that breaks. lol
well other cars ? I don't know cause at this point, I don't think I will still buy a vehicle that is not 2jzgte powered for myself... hahaha

you can have a good 2JZGE NA-T daily driver if you don't want to spend more. If funds is a concern on a swap, there is no point of going 2JZGTE if you are really not aiming for a lot of power.

Originally Posted by Reyke
Sorry to butt in, but Yeesh German cars, yeah......Just seems like a step backwards from reliability, just my personal experience. They look fantastic have great performance, just too many Tupperware engine parts for me and just like a hot woman, even though she looks great for her age usually that means she's been worn fairly hard for those years before you met her.
In my opinion, whatever car it is, if not properly maintained.. you will have reliability issues down the line. Unfortunately , these european cars' spare parts are so pricey that is why all the more people skip a lot of maintenance. More often than not, a lot of stuff had already been damaged before people would do the maintenance.

I like your hot woman that is worn out analogy though !
Old 06-01-15, 12:23 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well other cars ? I don't know cause at this point, I don't think I will still buy a vehicle that is not 2jzgte powered for myself... hahaha

you can have a good 2JZGE NA-T daily driver if you don't want to spend more. If funds is a concern on a swap, there is no point of going 2JZGTE if you are really not aiming for a lot of power.
Hey, I have an NA-T set up for sale! OBO! Just sayin, gerrb... lol

Last edited by PoGikoSc4; 06-01-15 at 12:24 PM. Reason: obo
Old 06-01-15, 04:49 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Junan - there is your chance for a proven cheap NA-T. I forgot all about it. That setup made 600rwhp I believe. It used to be on my black 1997 5 speed when it was owned by a guy in Ohio.

I am towing Rey's white hardtop SC to my place. I don't know yet what to do with it to be honest since as you locals know I already have 5 SCs in my place in Duluth. At the same time, I didn't want Rey to part it out and get almost nothing so I told him I will take it and bring it to my place. It's a hard top 5speed shell. The hardtop SCs are quite rare too .

Last edited by gerrb; 06-01-15 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-01-15, 09:09 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dang that thing is super clean..

so my friend is selling his rebuilt long block. it's a GE bottom. he's got all the stuff for it, and it's super clean. fresh from the machine shop. i might pick that one up.

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Hey, I have an NA-T set up for sale! OBO! Just sayin, gerrb... lol
send me some info on it?
Old 06-02-15, 03:30 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Junan - there is your chance for a proven cheap NA-T. I forgot all about it. That setup made 600rwhp I believe. It used to be on my black 1997 5 speed when it was owned by a guy in Ohio.

I am towing Rey's white hardtop SC to my place. I don't know yet what to do with it to be honest since as you locals know I already have 5 SCs in my place in Duluth. At the same time, I didn't want Rey to part it out and get almost nothing so I told him I will take it and bring it to my place. It's a hard top 5speed shell. The hardtop SCs are quite rare too.
Originally Posted by irondonkey
dang that thing is super clean..

so my friend is selling his rebuilt long block. it's a GE bottom. he's got all the stuff for it, and it's super clean. fresh from the machine shop. i might pick that one up.

send me some info on it?
Gerrb, that dwp SC is super clean man..! lol but I cant back out now..

Iron, my motor is posted in Craiglist atlanta, check it out when you can.
Old 06-05-15, 06:01 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Gerrb, that dwp SC is super clean man..! lol but I cant back out now..

Iron, my motor is posted in Craiglist atlanta, check it out when you can.
You have been really nice for letting me keep that 5speed white SC, thanks. Thinking of keeping that since it is already white and just let go of the beige . That saves me a paint job. Damn I already upgraded all rotors / calipers on the beige. It even has the drag tires package now thinking it will be my Blue or White SC. I guess not. Need to get the red SC in the back yard out so I can tow your car to my place. I hate to make my place look like an SC junkyard having 6 of them in one place.

Jared of Speed for Sale paid me a visit the other day and we talked hours and hours about cars.We had fun sorting on the parts I had around and gave me a lot of cool tips. If it was not too late being past 10pm , we would have gone.. on and on talking about cars. Really nice fellow.

Last edited by gerrb; 06-05-15 at 06:20 AM.
Old 06-05-15, 09:12 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I always thought 20s on an SC looks retarded if you don't have a body kit. For a change decided to try the 20s on my daily driver...This car will look even better with the side skirts though but the shine AC kit with these 20s will look the best in my opinion

Last edited by gerrb; 06-05-15 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-05-15, 09:23 AM
N1T3MARE
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

That doesn't look bad at all. 20s are too big for my taste but they do fill the wheel well out nice.
Old 06-05-15, 02:18 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by N1T3MARE
That doesn't look bad at all. 20s are too big for my taste but they do fill the wheel well out nice.
Well, it doesn't look retarded or bad at all. I drove the car around the neighborhood with the 20s, I think I will leave them there for now till I am ready to push more than 500rwhp on this car and install a set of drag radials.It looks good even without coilovers and rides good with the RS-R springs and Tokico shocks. They seems to be perfect for lowering our SCs without coilovers. Though the car is begging for a Shine AC body kit before it is painted so it looks more lowered. Damn those lights badly need a makeover .

Last edited by gerrb; 06-06-15 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-05-15, 02:23 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Best part I love on this car is its interior , just sweet matching red stiches.

Old 06-06-15, 04:31 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking good, what wheels are they? Konig?

steve
Old 06-06-15, 02:15 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Looking good, what wheels are they? Konig?

steve
Thanks Steve. They are Fusion that came with the red MKIV I towed back to my place a month ago.
Old 06-06-15, 11:41 PM
01gs3
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a sucker for that black interior. Great looking sc

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys