Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-15, 09:59 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any new pics of the new car?

will you please take me for a spin in one just so i can experience what 1kwhp feels like? hahhah bubble tea on me after!
Old 05-13-15, 06:16 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by irondonkey
any new pics of the new car?

will you please take me for a spin in one just so i can experience what 1kwhp feels like? hahhah bubble tea on me after!
As I have told people local to me, you got to come to my place to see the white MKIV. Out of respect to the guy I bought it from , I am not posting any picture till his divorce is finalized. I hate to be the one announcing that the guy is on divorce proceedings if I post his car on the forums. Some forum members on SF knows the car I was told.

I lost your number, pm me your number and I will send a picture message of it.
Old 05-15-15, 05:19 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eff me That is some supra love... I would love to see that red Mk with a Ridox kit and work wheels
Old 05-16-15, 07:02 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Highway
eff me That is some supra love... I would love to see that red Mk with a Ridox kit and work wheels
thank you sir....

The best MKIVs for me are stock looking. The only body kit I will put on a MKIV is the TRD widebody kit if ever I have to put one. All my four running MKIVs plus this red supra shell are all stock bodied except that two have front lips.....simple but elegant for me.

Though of course looks are subjective , each one has their own preference. What is important is it makes one happy .
Old 05-17-15, 12:37 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

a ton of heat comes out from my shifter... any idea of reducing it?

its pretty annoying in the heat. i can feel it flow into the cabin right on my face.
Old 05-17-15, 01:31 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

a ton of heat comes out from my shifter... any idea of reducing it?

its pretty annoying in the heat. i can feel it flow into the cabin right on my face.
Are you sure it's not heat coming from your heater core / vents , since you feel it on your face ? Make sure that there are no openings from the underside / transmssion to the shifter or openings from the engine bay through your firewall .

You got picture of my new white MKIV right ? I had the chance to open it up in a really empty 4 lanes road this past weekend going to my place in the South. It is fast becoming my favourite MKIV . That PT-6870 on a 3.4 liter high compression makes the car so responsive through in and out traffic or open roads.

Seriously thinking of selling my red mamba SC and keep all the 5 MKIVs. I will just keep one fully built auto and one fully built 6 speed SC .

Last edited by gerrb; 05-17-15 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-17-15, 09:08 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

im pretty sure it's coming from the shifter area... i can feel it come up from there during the hot days. i also thought it was coming from the vent but when there's no air flow from there when i turn the AC off. Also....... my AC went out. I believe i need some R12.

yeah i got the picture... man you reallllllly need to take me for a spin in that one. the red SC you just finished the swap with? i want that motor!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-15, 03:39 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

im pretty sure it's coming from the shifter area... i can feel it come up from there during the hot days. i also thought it was coming from the vent but when there's no air flow from there when i turn the AC off. Also....... my AC went out. I believe i need some R12.

yeah i got the picture... man you reallllllly need to take me for a spin in that one. the red SC you just finished the swap with? i want that motor!!!!!!!
Yeah the SC I just finished. But it has to be the whole car to go if I decide to keep all my 5 MKIVs . The car is a perfect 2jzgte daily driver now so I am not tearing it apart .. no way. With the MKIVs getting harder to find and prices going higher as time pass, it just make more sense to play with them than SC. So when I am done playing , I still get back my money or even make some. Two built SCs , one 6speed and one Auto would be good enough as part of my toys.
Old 05-19-15, 12:26 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

i'd be extremely happy with a DD like that. Just in manual hahah

that's pretty much my goal right now. except i want at least 600hp.
Old 05-21-15, 04:28 PM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Shocker.

Gerrb has yet ANOTHER MKIV.

Hahahaha, the rich get richer.
Old 05-21-15, 07:36 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DuWerke
Shocker.

Gerrb has yet ANOTHER MKIV.

Hahahaha, the rich get richer.
Man... seldom see you around. Looks like you have been busy. Have you started the single conversion ?

You know I am just another guy next door like you guys. Just trying to be smart with my toys.. hahaha
Old 05-26-15, 10:45 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

so my rear wheel bearing is going out.. i've been thinking about selling my SC actually.

with work and gym i am just super lazy when it comes to working on cars... i just dont have the time anymore.

thinking about picking up a nice stock daily driver that's decently quick has been on my mind recently.
Old 05-27-15, 04:45 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

so my rear wheel bearing is going out.. i've been thinking about selling my SC actually.

with work and gym i am just super lazy when it comes to working on cars... i just dont have the time anymore.

thinking about picking up a nice stock daily driver that's decently quick has been on my mind recently.
I guess you have that swirling noise at the back that goes faster or slower depending on the speed ?

and what daily driver do you have in mind ?
Old 05-27-15, 07:19 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gerrb
I guess you have that swirling noise at the back that goes faster or slower depending on the speed ?

and what daily driver do you have in mind ?
its a clicking sound... as the wheel rotates it clicks. it's actually on and off. sometimes i dont hear it at all. i have no idea what it could be. i need to fix that, and the front lower control arms. my bushings are shot.

im just bored of a slow car right now lol. it looks good but just isn't fast enough.

i dont have a specific DD in mind... i'd like something v8 powered and a manual though lol. maybe the E90-92 m3.
Old 05-27-15, 07:39 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

^^^ damn , if you have the money to spend on an M3 E90... you have a lot better choices than that car that will be cheaper to maintain if it is a daily driver.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys