Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-14, 04:24 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
So basically you're saying one fan is always on between 150 and 190. Is their a way to wire this in so one fan comes on above 150 , two fans on above say 175 and both kick to high speed above 180 or when ac is on
Sure , you can do that ...operate them based on how you want them to operate. You just have to wire them accordingly and set those conditions on the ECU so the relays are activated when conditions are met.

This is how mine operates :

* When the car starts , no fans are running
* Once the ECU sees that my coolant temp goes up 150F both of my fans run at low speed ( Achieved with the two fans wired in series)
* Once the ECU sees that my coolant temp goes up 190F both of my fans run at high speed (Achieved with the two fans wired in paralled).
* Once coolant go below 190F both fans revert back to low speed
* And if my coolant temp goes below 150F both fans go off

I used three relays to achieve the above manner of operation for the fans.

Secret is how you wire them up using different combinations of relays and activating these relays based on conditions available on your ECU.
Old 07-03-14, 01:11 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I always wanted to see how my wheels on Red Mamba ONE will look like with the spokes and ring in black. I decided to start using plasti dip so if I don't want it I can always take it out. IF I like it , when I paint the car , I will paint the wheels too.

I need to clean up and get that ring / circle better by using a blade. Or maybe just take out that ring and keep the spokes black.

I think I am taking out the black ring so the bolts around would be exposed.

Last edited by gerrb; 07-03-14 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-03-14, 05:16 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I believe I like the way they look so wheel spokes are being painted eventually. This plasti dip wouldn't last long.

All I need is to drop this sucker to a point in which my 4" exhaust wouldn't be scraping in bumps / humps / dips & inclines

Old 07-08-14, 03:10 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Finished wiring up the HID low beam lights and the fog lights. Instead of just directly connecting the ballasts to the original bulb connectors , I did wire individual relays for each HID.

Can you please take night pictures as well as the cutoff / line of the beam.
Are those 6k or 8k HIDs?
Old 07-08-14, 05:29 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JesLet
Can you please take night pictures as well as the cutoff / line of the beam.
Are those 6k or 8k HIDs?
They are 8k HIDs both for the driving lights (low beam) and the fog lights. Below is a picture I took after I re-installed the 1995 bumper to see how they look and will give you an idea . The 8k fogs are too bright. I might replace them with a 3k .

I might not be able to take the car out for a while and take a night time picture on the road for those HIDs since I have started taking things apart , working on the body & cosmetic imperfections so it can be painted.

I figured since this is the bling bling SC , I might as well give it the best paint job..House of Kolor - Candy Apple Red. In that case , a pro should do the paint job but I will do most of the prep work so I won't be charged an arm and a leg. Reason why I am keeping it red is I want the center grill of front bumper and front lip to be black. They are nice to be emphasized on the 95-96 bumper. If the car is black then those parts won't be obvious.

On account of me keeping it red (damn , don't we always change our mind) , now I am torn between keeping its interior BLACK and TAN as it is now or ALL BLACK. If its black then , I will have to move the good black interior with red stiches on the seats from Red Mamba Two . I guess we are never satisfied.

Here is how I want Red Mamba One's color to look like

So with this color ... what do you think will be a better interior ..2 tone Black & Tan OR All Black with red stiches on the seats ?

Last edited by gerrb; 07-08-14 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-08-14, 09:34 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

love the color.. as for interior, I think all black with red stitching will compliment the paint color very well..
Old 07-09-14, 06:43 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
love the color.. as for interior, I think all black with red stitching will compliment the paint color very well..
Everyone who have seen the black interior I have on Red Mamba Two said the same thing..."Move that immaculate black interior into your bling bling SC" . I love that red color on a car too . I hope I can find someone who can do a real good job. I want this car to have that perfect color.

And today my wife asked me if I was going crazy when she saw me taking out the Red Mamba One interior. She said, she had seen me replaced the interior of that car four times in the past 2 years...

I have installed the back half of the interior for Red Mamba One...back seats in ...

Fronts seats are out of Red Mamba Two

Old 07-10-14, 10:47 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

While the lower half of my Red Mamba One dashboard , carpet and front seats are still out .... I remembered that one of my parts car which is still a running car has a Viper 5901 Remote Start and Viper VSM250 Smart GPS . I will try to read their manual , study how they are wired and move them to the Red Mamba One.

In that way, Red Mamba One would have a remote start through my smartphone and be able to track it through GPS if stolen.

The Viper 5901 and Viper VSM250 are installed under the dashboard of the black parts car as seen here. Will have to study how the wiring goes and will relocate them to RM1. These would be a good accessory for Red Mamba One .

Old 07-11-14, 09:00 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I hope this will be the last time I am moving interior around my SCs. I am done moving the Black and Tan interior for Red Mamba TWO. I should be done with the Black Interior of Red Mamba ONE at the end of the day .

Old 07-11-14, 11:50 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Earlier this week I saw a TT PS reservoir for sale. Not that I needed one , I noticed that it seemed to have nice chromed cover. I took a gamble and bought it. It arrived today ..

After cleaning the cover , it was as nice at it can be

My old cover

Now in with the chromed cover and will sell the TT reservoir with OEM / stock cover

Just another nice addition to the bling bling on the engine bay. I need to find a nice bling bling oil cap .. TRD or Blitz maybe ?

Last edited by gerrb; 07-11-14 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-11-14, 01:31 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Finally got my black interior installed on the Red Mamba ONE . This is it... all it needs now is a Candy Apple Red paint job and the Viper stuff wiring and coil overs and hopefully I will stop working and spending on this car. Though it had been a blast putting over 10k miles on this car in the past year since I got it running. Time to put my effort and last remaining energy for my Red Mamba Two project. Probably the last SC I will work on (I am getting tired of these 2jzgte) so I will put a real good drive train / engine setup on it... simple engine bay but a monster on the streets. That's what I promised my wife , I will only keep two SCs... the Beauty (Red Mamba ONE) and the BEAST (Red Mamba TWO) and two MKIVs as my toys. I will sell all my trucks except for my Yukon XL Denali which I can use when I need to tow a car or my boat. So for those local to me, I have two running SC400 cars I won't need. You know what will happen to them now.

Last edited by gerrb; 07-11-14 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-11-14, 05:19 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

My Secret weapon - Nitrous stuff switches and Weldon Fuel System Kill Switch inside the center armrest . I am trying to find a good place to install the Wide Band, EGT Pressure Gauge and ProEFI Color Display without cutting into the dashboard or its trims . Any ideas ? For the Wideband and EGT gauge I was thinking of installing them on the ashtray lid since I don't smoke anyway. I used to have the ProEFI Color Display on the dash trim on the left of the steering column where I can reach the buttons with my left hand easily but I wonder if there is any way to install without cutting into any dash trims .

Last edited by gerrb; 07-11-14 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-16-14, 07:05 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

In the past , I pulled and rolled my rear quarter fenders and allowed me to get an extra 50mm and consequently now I can fit size 13" wheels and 345" tires at the back.

Yesterday I pulled and rolled my front fenders and was able to get an extra 25mm so I should be able to install at least size 10" wheels and 275" tires in-front.

Having rolled / pulled / flared the fenders now before installing coil overs and doing any painting is like getting an extra 50mm rear and 25mm front clearance without the need of widebody kits. I need to do more body works though before any sanding or painting can really be done. I want the body in really good shape and good looking just like the engine bay and interior.

Old 07-17-14, 09:44 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Started taking off the lights so I can do sanding and repair of small dings and dents all over the Red Mamba One body. Noticed that my foglights were so hazy so I wet sanded them with 1000,1200,1500,2000 grits and then applied clearcoat .

Old 07-17-14, 09:59 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

looking great, when doing plastidip you gotta peel the tape off before it dries so you don't rip the dip and get jagged lines

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys