gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sell the Haltech !
Old 07-03-12, 07:18 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
thanks for the info , at least that confirms my suspicion. Now I am tempted to use the dremel on the firewall or the line itself to make it work .. I don't know what to do now.... what you think ? Have you done anything on yours ? I hate to look for another AC line ..
no. right now iam not running an ac(not running at all). which reminds me. you have a pm.

and the sc400 and 300 lines are totally different and the point's on them are not even close to interchanging.

if i had the time i would take out the glovebox and switch out the alum core. thats a pain so for now i won't be running ac.
Old 07-04-12, 06:38 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Sell the Haltech !
I guess that will be an option I will have to take ..
Old 07-04-12, 06:41 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by megamax
no. right now iam not running an ac(not running at all). which reminds me. you have a pm.

and the sc400 and 300 lines are totally different and the point's on them are not even close to interchanging.

if i had the time i would take out the glovebox and switch out the alum core. thats a pain so for now i won't be running ac.
Hmmmm .. that will be a lot of work switching out aluminum core behind the glove box. I was wondering if it was easier to cut the ports on the SC400 ac lines that matches the firewall ports and get them aluminum welded into the SC300 lines ..
Old 07-05-12, 07:56 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Three years ago an a--hole asked me to buy the perma-cool oil relocation kit for my project and was never used. Got the Mocal oil cooler sandwhich plate too. I will try to figure out how to include them in my setup since I already got them and for them to continually sit on my shelves/closets for some more years is something I don't think I want to do. I believe I have seen some threads here and SF where they install the oil relocation kit and oil cooler .

Last edited by gerrb; 07-05-12 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-06-12, 08:59 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Yesterday, took out the stealth looking HKS intercooler I installed some weeks back and installed the bigger intercooler I had together with the intercooler sprayer

Old 07-06-12, 11:07 PM
jgilk1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know you are going for a somewhat stealth look but that wont be very important unless you push the car to the line with this motor and exhaust combo.... but the front bumper might look a little bit cooler if you took out that cross bar and made it direct flow to the intercooler and sprayer??? nice build so far
Old 07-07-12, 09:17 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jgilk1
i know you are going for a somewhat stealth look but that wont be very important unless you push the car to the line with this motor and exhaust combo.... but the front bumper might look a little bit cooler if you took out that cross bar and made it direct flow to the intercooler and sprayer??? nice build so far
Thanks for the suggestion.. just wondering if I cut the middle part of that bumper , the points where I cut it might make the bumper look ugly.. .. not unless it can be repaired to a point as though nothing was cut on that area..
Old 07-07-12, 02:44 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

The stock oil cooler is taken out and oil filter will be relocated .

Mocal Sandwhich plate for external oil cooler is thermostatically controlled .. 175 degrees .. oil relocation kit also installed

Old 07-07-12, 02:45 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

The bolt that holds the oil filter assembly will be replaced by a Lexus IS300 union bolt so I can install an oil pressure sensor on it ..

Old 07-07-12, 02:47 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

oil pressure sensor installed ... oil cooler sandwhich plate installed ... and oil relocation kit installed .. The Lexus IS300 union bolt is 1/8 BSP thread. . you will need a 1/8 NPT to 1/8 BPST adapter to install a 1/8 npt pressure sensor...

Old 07-12-12, 06:43 AM
babillarac
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gerry,whats going on ? no updates?
Old 07-13-12, 06:40 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Default vacation

Originally Posted by babillarac
Gerry,whats going on ? no updates?
Hi Omar , yeap no updates for now I know . I will be lagging for a while on this project... am on a well deserved vacation, man ... ... . So far had been going around some states... In and out my place in North GA . Too tired to work on anything when am home. Hopefully soon I will be able to do something when all this travelling is over. If I don't go to Europe/Olympics I will see you in Tampa by end of his month.

Last edited by gerrb; 07-13-12 at 07:22 AM.
Old 07-13-12, 12:37 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so, i never understood the point of an oil relocation?? unless the filter is a pia to get to. but these engines are not the case.
Old 07-14-12, 06:25 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by megamax
so, i never understood the point of an oil relocation?? unless the filter is a pia to get to. but these engines are not the case.
Actually you are right, the stock oil filter location is not that bad. You can remove the battery and easily access it or jack up the car and you can get it out from under.

But I am using a greddy style intake manifold which takes all that space near the suspension tower and where the battery is. I figure also , it will make less mess when taking out that filter if it is in a better location . And besides as I mentioned,I had this relocation kit with the external oil cooler and mocal thermostatically controlled sandwhich plate sitting around my shelves for more than 3 years. I might as well take advantage of whatever useful stuff I have. Almost 4 years ago when I asked someone to build me a 2jzgte SC, he made me buy stuff left and right...lol.. .. me being ignorant did whatever I was told ...

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys