Search this Thread

Old 10-17-10, 10:58 PM
Ethix
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by genetic
wow 70K miles and a factory 5spd

way to ruin a car
Ruin? He's making the car better at doing what he wants it to do. How is this any different from people building show cars or drag cars?

I agree that it's painful to see a super clean car get gutted, but I wouldn't say he's ruining it.
Old 10-18-10, 12:18 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ClearP
From a mint 68000 sc 5-speed black interior to gutted and chopped, you should have passed this one to someone who wants to baby a car and just buy a beat up one to play around with. However, I do respect someone who drives their car like it's meant to be driven, just sad to see a mint one go this route lol
i concur, but i hope the OP was able to part out the parts he did strip, or at least save
Old 10-18-10, 05:13 AM
msc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

go hard or go home your def goin hard to each his own g.l
Old 10-18-10, 06:12 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From a mint 68000 sc 5-speed black interior to gutted and chopped, you should have passed this one to someone who wants to baby a car and just buy a beat up one to play around with. However, I do respect someone who drives their car like it's meant to be driven, just sad to see a mint one go this route lol
Originally Posted by MIGS
^i agree completey with that. was thinking the exact same thing.

but to each his own. and it looks like the OP knows what he's doing.
Originally Posted by genetic
wow 70K miles and a factory 5spd

way to ruin a car

Sorry to say but I am gonna have to agree should of picked up a beat heap to do what ur doing not a clean one. But mad props for driving it hard
Old 10-18-10, 11:33 AM
ill roller
Lead Lap

Lol at all the butthurt people just because he decided not to buy a busted up pile of junk for drifting... A waste of a nice car is when a car like this is used just for sitting around or going to car shows.

Car is looking good Danny, you should come out to some clubfr events so we can tandem.

Only things curious to me, why did you cut out the spare tire well, remove the radio, and aren't the door bars too low on the cage?
Old 10-18-10, 01:41 PM
LCSC
Lead Lap

Wow looking good. Who did the cage, and how long did it take them to complete it? Any Idea how much it would have cost you?
Old 10-18-10, 01:55 PM
lemaylexus
Driver

I gotta agree with this. Stripping out a car that rare and clean then putting it through a ton of abuse is a shame; could've been a dope sleeper. Whatever, though. To each their own.
Old 10-18-10, 03:01 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

i like what you're doing to it and to all the people that think he has ruined a perfectly nice car, chill out it's not like it's a $50k car lol...
Old 10-18-10, 03:09 PM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

way to ruin the car. you should just lock it in the garage, put a car cover over it, and only take it out to drive it to car shows under 2 layers of painter's tape.
[/sarcasm]

props for doin what what you did. i'm also wondering if you have any engine mods.
Old 10-18-10, 03:27 PM
Sohconthis
Pole Position

Wow some serious haters. Truth is you might as well keep your negativity out of the thread and to yourself because it's not going to stop him from doing what he does. Get a life. All the time you spend running your lip you could be working on your car or doing something CONSTRUCTIVE. Damn.
Old 10-18-10, 03:30 PM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL @ everyone saying he ruined a clean car. Best way to have a good race car is to have a good base. Doing what you want to do with a car is what makes us enthusiasts. Maintaining the status quo might work for some, but I applaud those who think outside the box and use what is available to them to get things done.

I love the cage and the hydro e-brake.

If I ever build a drift car, I'll ask you for a few pointers.
Old 10-18-10, 04:25 PM
SCDanny
Rookie

Lulz. This is going exactly how I hoped it would! And for the guys who think i ruined a clean car, your right. My plan when i baught this car was to have a nice vip daily driver. At the time, I had a MKIII supra that i was building for a drift car. But I realized, they suck. Then after baybing the sc for a couple months I started to slide it around and it was addicting. So slowly and painfully i did things to the car that just didnt feel right. But its beyond the point of no return now. And to make you guys feel better, I have been selling off all my black interior parts to help fund parts here and there.
The motor is bone stock. Just did the bfi and straight pipe exhaust with just the two resonators.
I cut out the spare tire well cuz i did a bumper tuck. When you stand behind the car all you could see was a big ugly lumpy blob. Soooo I cut it out. I was going to put a flat piece of sheet metal in there but now im thinking about just cutting out the rest of the trunk and leaving just the frame rails.
Old 10-18-10, 09:12 PM
Vortes
Lead Lap

really interested in what your cars weight is, and videos, wanna see this stock powered sc sliding.
Old 10-18-10, 09:26 PM
DjTyfightr
Driver School Candidate

really interested in what your cars weight is, and videos, wanna see this stock powered sc sliding.
x2 .
Old 10-19-10, 03:56 PM
SCDanny
Rookie

I wish i knew what my car weighed. Ill have to try and find a scale around here some day. Probably wont be till next spring/summer tho. I put the car away for winter. Time to get the motor up to speed if ya know what i mean Ill have to search around for some video of me drifting. I have a buddy that goes to all of the Midwest Drift Union drift days and im sure he has some footage of me.

This is one video I know of. Im the first car in the video and its the only time im in it. Keep in mind this track was small and slick. The car can do much much more than this little track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzf4ir4zoUo

Quick Reply: My super progress/build thread