Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My Shine Auto Project Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-09, 06:59 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rvaquino
Knowone - You'll definitely be happy with the fitment of the "Shine Auto Couture" Kit! The original was test fitted on my car and that's where all the imperfections were taken care of. The only problem spot I saw and might be different is the driver side highbeam, for some reason there was a huge gap when it was on my car, but the 97+ had the same problem. Keep us tuned! I gotta head over there tomorrow!

On a side note, did you get the rivet nuts put in for the front?
Right on. Yea, they had the rivets on.

Looks like you have the same exhaust as me. How does our Tanabe exhausts line up with the AC rear bumper?

Originally Posted by mrhappi
Here we go again please do not claim this, if you do please fill it in with the appropriate text: AC "style" soarers. Not being a d*ck, but just giving credit where credit is due.

Jerry thanks for this thread I appreciate you keeping us in the loop. I may look forward to a daily driven front bumper, mine has seen some damage and will have to go in for some work again. Keep us posted (pictures during fitment would be great too) .

No prob. BTW I have the AIT one if you don't mind driving over and test fit it yourself.

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
Dont write a check your **** cant cash.

I had to close the previous AC replica thread and issue a few warnings. Lets not start round 2 in this thread.

I personally am not a fan of replicated items but everyone is different. I respect xknowonex's decision to buy one. If that is what he likes then Im happy for him. Now go back and edit your pic links. I cant see squat. I want to see how your project is coming along.
Pics were hosted on Google's Picasa before so I am rehosting it on Flickr instead now.

Originally Posted by raine
His car isn't a 97+ (judging from the sig) - he was going to do 97+ conversion than changed the plan.

Yep, its a 1992

Originally Posted by eyeSOARER6
Cant wait for the final outcome Jerry. How long is the bodyshop going to have your ride for? I wanted to see pics of the Shine kit, all I see is X's . Guess I have to wait till the kits mounted on your car..

2 weeks. Have you gone over there yet? I am waiting on my fogs, side moldings, and 1997+ spoiler to arrive and I am getting very irate since my emails and calls have gone unanswered. I will leave a nice feedback on eBay.
Old 07-22-09, 07:40 PM
DY3VERSITY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Right on. Yea, they had the rivets on.

Looks like you have the same exhaust as me. How does our Tanabe exhausts line up with the AC rear bumper?
What's funny is, your youtube video is the main reason I got the Tanabe exhaust! Haha

Back on topic, the exhaust does not line up right, it is sunk in maybe about 3-4 inches or so? You're gonna have to get some custom piping done, which I plan on doing once i have Makito install and paint the kit.
Old 07-22-09, 08:17 PM
WIPSC
Driver School Candidate

Shine auto is A+ work.
Really great fitment!
Old 07-22-09, 08:26 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Aside from getting the 100 price break for being the first 5 who purchased the kit as advertised, I don't really get any perks nor do I have incentives to promote the product. Moreover, given that it is a replica, I really don't have a reason to "promote" it.

The reason why I am chronicling this whole endeavor (or ordeal I should say) is to possibly help many of the other guys on here who have been waiting on this kit to be released for a very long time.

My other hope is to create a more open and more accepting atmosphere in regards to these type of products like on other forums like the G35driver, E46, M3post and such. Personal beliefs aside, the end result should be what matters.

Yes, I very quite frank about the kit being not authentic and I could just laid low and probably fool 99% of everyone out there into believing that the kit is authentic just by not uttering a word should the results be good.

If you don't care why not just leave it alone and move on with your life? The first thread was already closed because of comments like that (and worse).

back on topic - I hope the bendy parts weren't the actual parts you bought... were they?
Yea, those are my parts. LOL

What's funny is, your youtube video is the main reason I got the Tanabe exhaust! Haha

Back on topic, the exhaust does not line up right, it is sunk in maybe about 3-4 inches or so? You're gonna have to get some custom piping done, which I plan on doing once i have Makito install and paint the kit.
Sighs. Figures. My car was the prototype for that exhaust so the exhaust was designed for the pre-1997 bumpers. I really do not want anyone to start hacking up my beloved exhaust and add crush ment sections to it
Old 07-22-09, 08:33 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

I gotta head over there tomorrow!
So since the whereabout of my fogs, spoilers, and moldings are unknown, you are probably going to get this thing installed before me
Old 07-22-09, 08:42 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You want a 97+ spoiler?? Cancel your order. I'll trade you my trunk/spoiler + cash for your vertex lip...
Old 07-22-09, 08:45 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SickSC
I dont feel cheated lol, i dont have a AC kit although i wish i do sometime
Like i said xknowonex is cool to point out it's a replica, his intensions are great. I have no beef with anyone, only the copy company that is getting any recognition out of this.
Well though people might not agree with the products being made, I do give them credit for having good customer service and attention to detail.

For the sake of comparison, when i called AIT about their kit, the sales guy had no clue about the kit and same thing happened when I went there to pick it up. I inquired about fitment and the history of its development and the guy had no idea.
Old 07-22-09, 08:55 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryeno
I personally like the 97+ bumper more then the AC but to each their own.

BTW how much did you pay for the full kit? Just curious if an ac replica kit + paint would be cheaper then my 97+ conversion.
wait - I know just the FRONT bumper is the Shine one, so what sides/rear are you (OP) gonna run with it?
Old 07-22-09, 09:07 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Lets stop getting sidetracked with something else and stick to the topic of this conversation. I believe this thread is about a man, an SC, and a Shine Auto Project body.

Carry on Gents.
Old 07-22-09, 11:05 PM
KingSoarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mrhappi
Here we go again please do not claim this, if you do please fill it in with the appropriate text: AC "style" soarers. Not being a d*ck, but just giving credit where credit is due.

Jerry thanks for this thread I appreciate you keeping us in the loop. I may look forward to a daily driven front bumper, mine has seen some damage and will have to go in for some work again. Keep us posted (pictures during fitment would be great too) .
Elitist Yeah sorry it was 4am over here, should have said AC copy

Originally Posted by FuMoFFuTT
Could you include me in the Group buy but ship it to Canada then please?
Dude im fine with that just make sure it will work out cheaper for you getting it from Australia rather than California.
Old 07-22-09, 11:11 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

wait - I know just the FRONT bumper is the Shine one, so what sides/rear are you (OP) gonna run with it?
Final plan is Shine all around as pictured

Originally Posted by SCboy
You want a 97+ spoiler?? Cancel your order. I'll trade you my trunk/spoiler + cash for your vertex lip...
Hmmm, well it should already be on its way

I personally like the 97+ bumper more then the AC but to each their own.

BTW how much did you pay for the full kit? Just curious if an ac replica kit + paint would be cheaper then my 97+ conversion.
I paid the promotional price 1100 out the door for the first 5 buyers. Regular pricing is 1200. When I bought my 1997+ kit, it came out to be 9xx shipped after getting pieces here and there.
Old 07-22-09, 11:11 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Off the top of your head is the exhaust outlet 4.5"+? Looks good man, I cannot wait to grab this.
Old 07-22-09, 11:20 PM
DY3VERSITY
Lexus Test Driver

I was suppose to head there last weekend, so we could fit the first one out of the mold, but I couldnt make it and you had come and gotten the front anyway. Most likely, we'll get the whole kit on at the shop using the lift and we'll bring it down just to take the fitment pics, but I wont have a finished/painted one until the end of the summer/mid fall.
Old 07-22-09, 11:26 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

1100 for the full kit(front,rear,sides) or is just that for the front bumper?
full kit!!!
Old 07-23-09, 08:42 AM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

xknownonex, out of curiosity, what kind of wheels are those?

Quick Reply: My Shine Auto Project Build Thread