Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

STACKWELL's LS430 UL build.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-09, 10:26 AM
stackwell
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default STACKWELL's LS430 UL build.

Disclaimer: Most pictures were taken with my Blackberry phone camera.

Hello CL!
I've finally found some time to post this lol. Some of you have probably found me asking noob questions about a 2004 LS430 UL in this forum, and with the great responses I decided to purchase my first Lexus! A 2004 LS430 UL from CL member - mhenrey. Thanks Matt!

Mods:
20" MRR HR2 20x8.5, 20x9.5 (FOR SALE) $1500 w/tires
Data systems controller
K40 radar and jammer
20% tint all around
Magnaflow exhaust tips
Wired for sub and amp

Good news aside, there is some bad news. Storytime! :FLASHBACK: My first car was a 1999 Civic ex and on the third day of owning it, I got into a car accident. On the third day of owning this beautiful LS430, she was vandalized in the residential parking garage of my loft during spring break. It's been in the shop since. 1 month for investigating, and 3 weeks for work.

There was more vandalism on the roof, quarter panels, trunk, bumpers, etc. The jerk(s) had alot of time to really ruin an already nice looking machine.

Story continued: In the tale of the Lord of the Rings, Gandalf started off as gray or silver. After he died, his spirit traveled. Gandalf was sent back as a more significantly powerful figure. And then he was draped in all white. I've had 6 cars and 3 motorcycles in the span of 10 years. Never did I own a white car. So here's my chance to come back from a horrible experience and hopefully have better luck with a white vehicle. House of Color Alabaster White Pearl to be exact. And Here's a peek of the process of the color change and few mods listed below.

I'm a college dropout doing ok with a 9-5 and investing in a few business ventures that are doing ok so far. So I don't make much and this car will be my daily so I can't go too extreme. With that being said, I've decided to do the following mods for now:

20" Vellano VSP (black face/chrome lip) staggered 8.5/9.5 (temporary. got a great deal for them. 3GS offsets.)
JDM Celsior window visors
VIP Puddle lights
6000k HID foglights soon to be 12000k
Shaved rear emblems
Shaved rear fenders but not yet rolled
Smoked headlights, foglights, and taillights
Transparent Rockguard sprayed on front end
Color matched engine cover
Painted brake calipers with Lexus Logo
Billet grille with black chrome on front strips
Black roof
Black rear diffuser look
Cross drilled slotted rotors

I just paid for my first 2 month's car notes without even having driven the car for more than a day. So I want to take her out of the shop for a few weeks or months as is. So without further adue, here is my baby ALEXUS:

In the next few weeks/months, the build will most likely include the following:
1) SPACERS! (appointment monday for measurments)
2) VIP interior pieces (curtains, shift ****, pillows, etc)
3) Body Kit but torn. Maybe do something custom like a lip kit or something
3) LED side view mirrors
4) Green tint but unsure of percentage or just 5% black tint just on rear window
5) 9" headrest screens and custom trunk setup

Thanks to:
XT aka gorgeous monster
mhenrey (CL member that made the deal happen)
Farmers Insurance for full coverage
MXT Auto Shop in Houston, Texas for the color change and other work
Terry from California for the great deal on the wheels
Vic of Tire and Wheel master for the rubber hookup
Danny from Team Ikon for the lighting
Nigel for the visors
All you CL members for putting up with me
and
any haters

Thanks for looking everybody! Hope you likes....
I'll add updated pics as I get each thing done.
Please keep flaming to a minimum. My feelings get hurt easily lol
Also visit stackwellsociety.com !

Last edited by stackwell; 08-10-09 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-13-09, 10:27 AM
stackwell
Driver

Old 07-13-09, 10:32 AM
Rob Daddy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice LS. Nice comeback from a keyed up beginning
Old 07-13-09, 10:38 AM
SDxLS430
Driver School Candidate

not sure if I'm feeling the tinted tails and headlights, maybe if the headlights were painted black inside but the stock taillights look a lot cleaner imo. I know you're trying to go with the black and white look, but the black roof and wheels make the car look too sporty. the grille is really clean though.
Old 07-13-09, 11:17 AM
debian
Driver

Your car looks great! Well done....
Am I reading correctly that you are selling the original 20" rims and tires for $1000?
What is the brand of the rims, weight, etc?
Thanks,
Ian
Old 07-13-09, 11:39 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the first set of wheels better IMO, but to each his own, sorry for the haters hatin.....man that would set me off! I like the blk roof, but not diggin the blk'd out headlights and tails on the white car. Yes, def. get some spacers...get that thing flush! Would love to see a shoot for it...
Old 07-13-09, 11:53 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah man smokin' car but like others have said the taillights are not cool. this was my biggest mistake of mods on my old white gs... please do yourself a favor and a very good lookin car a favor by taking off the tint on the taillights... other than that a very nice looking ls... and nothing but love + a little 'constructive' criticism.
Old 07-13-09, 12:18 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I like the blk roof, not the tinted tails but it's your whip. Nice come back as well after the hater/s did what they do to your LS.
Old 07-13-09, 12:26 PM
stackwell
Driver

thanks guys! yea at first i just wanted to tint just the red parts of the tails but it was too late. really considering sanding it off now lol...

debian - yessir you're reading correctly... the mrr hr2's with potenzas staggered for a grand
junjdm - i was really in the market for a full face wheel, but came across these at a GREAT deal! hence the sale of the mrr's for dirt cheap
sojah - i hear ya bro. pm sent
Old 07-13-09, 12:28 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

WOW, Great Job!

you did a transformation!

cant believ they did that too the silver car....

thats a badassssssss engine cover

keep up the good work
Old 07-13-09, 12:29 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

oh yeah, any chance in you getting the 5 stars back... they looked cleaan
Old 07-13-09, 12:51 PM
stackwell
Driver

Thanks GATO! yea when lexus changed my oil the other day, they were gawking over the engine cover. had all the mechanics trippin that it was pearl also just like the body lol... im feeling your chromed out one too! when you mentioned the 5 stars.. you talking about the mrr's? man.. you guys are making me want to see what the mrr's look on the white paint job now lol. but for sure im going to ask my body man if he can take off the spray tint on the tails. i guess ill go wheel shopping next month

Last edited by stackwell; 07-13-09 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-13-09, 07:52 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

OMG i seen you car on veterans by fm 1960 one day. your car is sooo sexy i love all the black on the car. Lets get together and do phooshoot i work at FMC technologise so im in the area yo!!
Old 07-13-09, 09:33 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by stackwell
Thanks GATO! yea when lexus changed my oil the other day, they were gawking over the engine cover. had all the mechanics trippin that it was pearl also just like the body lol... im feeling your chromed out one too! when you mentioned the 5 stars.. you talking about the mrr's? man.. you guys are making me want to see what the mrr's look on the white paint job now lol. but for sure im going to ask my body man if he can take off the spray tint on the tails. i guess ill go wheel shopping next month
I would see what the MMR's would look like, if you threw some spacers on the MMR's...and get rid of the tinted tails...I think your ride would look sick! ....but thats just me.....I would say throw a 15mm spacer on the rear and maybe a 10mm on the front? but you would probably have to do a little bit of fender rollin?.....get that thing flush...and game over
Old 07-13-09, 10:01 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by junjdm
I like the first set of wheels better IMO, but to each his own, sorry for the haters hatin.....man that would set me off! I like the blk roof, but not diggin the blk'd out headlights and tails on the white car. Yes, def. get some spacers...get that thing flush! Would love to see a shoot for it...
took the words right out of my mouth... love the roof black
not feeling the newer wheels or blacked out tails.... the rest looks great!

Quick Reply: STACKWELL's LS430 UL build.