Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Iron X question

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-15, 12:59 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man, you all are right! The smell of this IronX is worse than dead rats. It is strong and it stays there for a long time.

Whenever I use IronX to detail cars, my wife would make me take shower 5 times on that day and no hug for 1 week! I wonder if your girl or wife do the same to you!!! Damn you IronX!
Old 03-12-15, 07:42 PM
grsams
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Man, you all are right! The smell of this IronX is worse than dead rats. It is strong and it stays there for a long time.

Whenever I use IronX to detail cars, my wife would make me take shower 5 times on that day and no hug for 1 week! I wonder if your girl or wife do the same to you!!! Damn you IronX!
Yeah I told her it smelled really good and you could actually taste it when taking a HUGE sniff. So, she did....and nearly slapped me.
Old 03-12-15, 07:48 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm anxious to try the IX now!
Old 03-12-15, 08:23 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Glock47
I'm anxious to try the IX now!
lol it's not something that you want to need... It means your car is dirty

In a perfect world, no one would ever need iron x.
Old 03-13-15, 09:47 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by grsams
Yeah I told her it smelled really good and you could actually taste it when taking a HUGE sniff. So, she did....and nearly slapped me.
This is a GREAT PRANK!!!
Old 03-13-15, 10:54 AM
Sweatshop
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do not dilute. It will lose its potency immediately.

If your wheels have brake dust baked on them severely, this wont work completely. It WILL WORK A BIT...but not completely.

For best results on wheels, do the inner wheel too ( take the wheel off, clean both sides)

Try not to spray too much on the rotors. It's formula scars the face and the sound made after the first few drives of your pads smoothing the rotors out again is pure agony

TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH. Meguiars DUB wheel cleaner works just as well, stinks just as much and changes colors just the same for $5/22 oz. bottle.

Never leave the container of EITHER product open in your home. The smell is nauseating
Old 03-15-15, 09:07 PM
grsams
Driver

So I had the opportunity to finally use the Iron X after the week of rain. I guess I clean my vehicles more often than the majority or I am doing something wrong because there was no purple oxidation type chemical running off the vehicle even after 10 min. I followed the directions to a tee and I did not dilute. I am guess this is a good thing, however I hate that I wasted my money on it.
Old 03-16-15, 02:28 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Is your car white or silver?

If not you won't really be able to see it turning purple.
Old 03-16-15, 07:44 AM
grsams
Driver

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Is your car white or silver?

If not you won't really be able to see it turning purple.

HAHAHA, yeah I wouldn't expect to see on a black or darker color. Both vehicles are titanium grey. I figures that I would at very least see something on the wheels. Oh well. At least I know and I am sure I will be able to put it to use in the future.

On a side note, thanks a mil for all of the advice Zach. I really appreciate it.
Old 03-16-15, 08:31 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by grsams
HAHAHA, yeah I wouldn't expect to see on a black or darker color. Both vehicles are titanium grey. I figures that I would at very least see something on the wheels. Oh well. At least I know and I am sure I will be able to put it to use in the future.

On a side note, thanks a mil for all of the advice Zach. I really appreciate it.
Ah, yeah... usually you'll see something on the wheels unless you keep them pretty darn clean. I don't get any reaction on mine either

No problem, happy to help.

Post up some pics of the car when it's all cleaned up and coated

-zach
Old 03-16-15, 09:24 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

During my full detail on Saturday, I Iron X my wheels and saw absolutely NO purple, not even a tiny bit!

My TSW Nurburgring wheels have been on for about 1 year. They have been coated with Opticoat and I top it with Carpro Hydro2 every 3 months. They are also well maintained with weekly wash just with car shampoo (no strong wheel/tire cleaner at all).

I'm extremely surprised that my wheels are not contaminated at all. The lesson I learn is that as long as you maintain your wheels clean on a regular basis and your wheels are coated and protected, they will not be contaminated badly.
Old 03-18-15, 07:49 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
lol it's not something that you want to need... It means your car is dirty

In a perfect world, no one would ever need iron x.
haha my car will probably stay white if I spray it! I wonder if I need it on my wheels. It cleans off pretty well with soap but when I dry it, I still get dirt on the towel.