Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Turtle wax ICE detailer and wax

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-14, 09:01 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Turtle wax ICE detailer and wax

I've used both on my LX and now on my ES. Wipe the cars down a couple of times a week mostly with the wax. Never seen a better shine and seems to really protect the finish. Water runs off the minute it hits the car. The best part it is supper easy. Takes about 5 minutes to do the whole car. Spray on and wipe off with micro fiber towel. People comment that I must spend hours waxing and detailing my vehicle. Plus only $7.00 and one bottle lasts for weeks. Anyone else try this stuff?
Old 04-25-14, 10:59 AM
IneednSC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have seen this on the shelf many times but never jumped to getting it cause I always thought of it as a low quality product ( I'm sure its not! ) just how I saw it...not sure if turtle wax has fillers and other stuff in it either
Old 04-29-14, 02:28 PM
rustyd
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple of guys in my Mustang Club swear by the stuff.
Old 04-30-14, 10:00 AM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707
I've used both on my LX and now on my ES. Wipe the cars down a couple of times a week mostly with the wax. Never seen a better shine and seems to really protect the finish. Water runs off the minute it hits the car. The best part it is supper easy. Takes about 5 minutes to do the whole car. Spray on and wipe off with micro fiber towel. People comment that I must spend hours waxing and detailing my vehicle. Plus only $7.00 and one bottle lasts for weeks. Anyone else try this stuff?
I've used Ice for the last couple years now and find it's easy to put on and rub off.
They not only sell the detailer but a couple variations of the Ice wax. Be sure to read the labels. Use the wax before the Ice detailer.

The best part about the product is that you can put it on the black plastic exterior and it's easy on and off !
Old 04-30-14, 11:49 AM
embolism
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find something you like and use it often.

What's most important is the quality of the material used to wipe the product on and off with, and the cleanliness of the vehicle's paint before you touch it with either a wax or spray detailer.

Sometimes a process that appears to work well on a light colour, doesn't work as well on a dark colour.