Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
Old 12-16-14, 11:47 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Cleaning and Detailing Guides
Print Wikipost

Making your own wax at home?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-15, 07:29 AM
Knightarmr
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gabzor
Hey John, randomly stumbled upon this searching Google, was thinking this guy can't be serious, and once I saw the samples, I was like hmm I wonder if he'll ever good as the big manufactures..

Congrats on making a hobby a profit, I think that would make me quite profound in life, as that's one of my dreams.. so basically, congrats on your startup! And love the name

Just read the whole thread at once from start to finish and was pleasantly surprised

I'm a pretty regular user of collinite, and I do detail quite a few cars for hobby, but just wondering, how does the durability of your product last in the east coast? (I'm in southern california) and how is it against attracting dust? (my #1 problem with collinite)

The product looks great btw! And just curious, what was your favorite product before making your own?
Best of wishes!
Hi gabzor,

Thank you for your post and comments on this. I myself was also presently surprised and the more research I did the better I was able to get the product. Unfort I didnt stop doing research so I kept going at it and going at it until I reached something I felt was amazing. So again, thank you.

As for dust, I actually use a polymer that repels dust so honestly it sould do it well. This past summer after my camaro sat in a public garage and got coated with about 2 inches of dust I literally just drove the car and most came off. A quick shower and she looked like new again.

As for my favorite product before using my own, hmmm I used quite a few different waxes but out of everything I would have to say Zaino products. If you have any other questions please let me know. Ciao for now.

John
Old 10-30-15, 08:03 AM
gabzor
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, all products basically make your car look new after a wash/quick sprits, but i'm talking about the overall dust attraction factor, For example, when I used menzerna powerlock, it was more oily than other sealants, so it would attract more dust than say blackfire

I used Zaino before, wasn't a fan, would leave my plastics white when it was gone and also its very picky about weather..

Just bought my mom a new car, and I figured i would try yours maybe on top of the sealant thanks for the quick reply, thats pretty rare for a vendor to reply quickly also
Old 10-30-15, 09:18 AM
Knightarmr
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gabzor
Well, all products basically make your car look new after a wash/quick sprits, but i'm talking about the overall dust attraction factor, For example, when I used menzerna powerlock, it was more oily than other sealants, so it would attract more dust than say blackfire

I used Zaino before, wasn't a fan, would leave my plastics white when it was gone and also its very picky about weather..

Just bought my mom a new car, and I figured i would try yours maybe on top of the sealant thanks for the quick reply, thats pretty rare for a vendor to reply quickly also
Yeah my wax def doesn't attract dust, As mentioned in another post I have some polymers in there that actually repel dust, dirt. I mean you will get some from driving, car sitting but easily removed. The surface isn't oily, just very slick, and glossy. Should be great on top of your sealant of choice, and thank you again.

John

Last edited by Knightarmr; 11-02-15 at 10:59 PM.