Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Klasse ALL-IN-ONE Polish

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-14, 12:18 PM
SJ408sgmIS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Klasse ALL-IN-ONE Polish

Anyone ever tried Klasse ALL-IN-ONE Polish? Is it good or would you use something else?
Old 01-21-14, 01:51 PM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I've used it. Last fall on my wife's car I hit a couple of bad spots with a two stage polish and then did the whole car with Klasse AIO. It isn't a great sealant, and it isn't a great polish, but it did a good job for a one step process for the whole car. A little goes a long way, so I've got 90% of the bottle left and will definately keep using it.
Old 01-21-14, 06:11 PM
PondScum
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to use Klasse AIO when I first got into detailing, 10+ years ago. IMHO there are much better AIO products out there. The one AIO product I kept on my shelf (only for others, not my own cars) is Zaino AIO. Klasse AIO only has chemical cleaners in its polish, no abrasives. So you can't apply it by machine and take out swirls, like you can with AIOs that contain fine abrasives.
Old 01-21-14, 09:07 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

The only AIO product I have experience is the Sonax NTPC.

I've used it on several cars last year. It actually does a great job on soft paint, and especially soft black paint and very dark colors. You obviously cannot expect any AIO product to give you much correction, but the Sonax does seem to remove (or possibly cover/fill) some of the lighter swirls and haze). It's a good product to use if you have time restrictions and cannot spend 10+ hours polishing. It works wonders on "dead" or oxidized paint.
Old 01-22-14, 07:10 AM
SJ408sgmIS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's ALOT of good reviews on Amazon about Klasse all-in-one. Still cant decide if I want to try it.
Old 01-22-14, 07:22 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

It all depends on what your trying to achieve.. As you know you will get better results doing each stage separately but i always considered a AIO to be used if your in a hurry or simply don't have the time... I've used the Optimum AIO and although the results where pretty good it didn't last very long especially down here in FL... you could always apply the Klasse AIO then top it with a nice sealant...
Old 01-22-14, 07:40 AM
embolism
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as has been said earlier, it's a great chemical cleaner but doesn't do anything to even fine swirls. If your paint is in good condition and just needs a deep cleaning, then this is good stuff.

It's also a must for me as a first step if I intend to use the companion sealant, Klasse Sealant Glaze (KSG) on top. The pair is just meant to go together and you only need a whisper of the KSG as a first coat. It's like the stuff bonds to the KAIO or something.

There are lots of techniques out there for KSG application (I use the spray bottle method) but first coat only requires maybe .5 ounces. Apply any heavier and it's a bear to remove. once that first coat is cured though, you can pour the entire bottle on if you want and it will still wipe off like butter...

but this is old school tech. Nothing beats a coating nowadays for protection. I use my KAIO for my shower glass now...
Old 01-22-14, 09:14 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I have used it, still have some. Klasse AIO is a good proven polish/sealant. I have read that they changed their formula due to regulations a while ago and the newer formula is not as well liked. Some have said the AIO from Jeff Werkstat is very close and gives similar results to what the old formula was. If you can find a good deal on Klasse then I would recommend it, it is certainly better then anything you get at autozone or walmart like Meguairs, zymol, turtle wax, etc. If you are using it, use a little as it can be difficult to take off if there is too much applied, it has a strong smell to it also from the chemical cleaners. From what I remember, durability is pretty good. It does not have much if any polishing ability so you are not going to get rid of swirl marks or water spots with it so I assume you are using it as a sealant. There is a also a gloss finish from Klasse in a silver bottle you add after the AIO to give it a wetter look.

If you are looking just for a sealant there are some others out there that are a little easier easier to apply and last longer like Collinite waxes/sealants, Zaino, Blackfire Wet Diamond(shelf life is not that long), etc. If you intend to polish your finish to get rid of swirls, water stains, etc I would get a dedicated polish first and use that to get your finish clear of defects before you put a sealant on.