Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Paint fix (Touch-up)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-03, 11:21 PM
QueensLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paint fix

Anyone know where i can find the color code for a 93 ES300 (mine is green/gray)? I scratched the side door, and i need to buy touch up paint.
Old 01-28-03, 12:07 AM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

suggestion, before you resort to paint. If the scratch is clear to the primer or metal then you gots to paint. Go to the Lexus parts counter, they should be able to get ride match in touch-up paint.

Before you do, if the scratch is only on surface try the following.
1. Mother's cleaner caruba wax. This contains an extremely fine abrasive to help remove scuffs. Use with a lightly damp cloth. Let dry then buff. Worked great for a collison with a shopping cart.

2. The finest grit rubbing compound you can buy, be very gentle and follow the instructions. Use with water, a very clean soft cloth and plenty of water. If not, its off to the body shop.

I use touch-up paint as a last resort. I hate to paint, I never get the depths to match and sometimes it stands out more than the scratch.

good luck,

steviej
Old 01-28-03, 05:19 PM
1loudlex
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

yeah the ouch up paint is ok. It comes off after a while and you have to put more on after a while.. i wouldnt use it also unless it is something deep cause you will notice it a lot.

Adam " lexist "
Old 01-28-03, 05:23 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

and your paint code is written on your door panel, drivers side. or just go to the lexus dealer and tell them your color, they will do that for you, plus it'll be lexus paint.

after saying that, though, I think buffing it out first is a better idea. care to tell us more in detail about the scratch?

*moving this to automotive care forum*
Old 01-28-03, 11:57 PM
QueensLex
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by meZoom!
and your paint code is written on your door panel, drivers side. or just go to the lexus dealer and tell them your color, they will do that for you, plus it'll be lexus paint.

after saying that, though, I think buffing it out first is a better idea. care to tell us more in detail about the scratch?

*moving this to automotive care forum*
Yes, i scratched it because some idiot parked in front of my garage and i scraped the side of the door trying to squeeze my car in. The scratch is small, but i want it fixed, as its the only scratch on the car which is ten years old.
I want to fix the the gray clading on the car as well. I have to use some type of filler?
Old 01-29-03, 12:37 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by QueensLex
Yes, i scratched it because some idiot parked in front of my garage and i scraped the side of the door trying to squeeze my car in. The scratch is small, but i want it fixed, as its the only scratch on the car which is ten years old.
I want to fix the the gray clading on the car as well. I have to use some type of filler?
gray cladding? you mean the two tone bottom? or something else? the scratch, i dunno how deep it is, but find out if its buffable first, it might be better looking in the end than to touch up
Old 01-29-03, 01:30 AM
QueensLex
Driver School Candidate

yeah the bottom cladding