Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Meguiars DA Power System Super Deal

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-13, 09:41 AM
wlpncp
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Meguiars DA Power System Super Deal

I just got a super deal from Advance Auto Parts (on line) for the DA Power System plus the Polishing Pads set along with three other Meguiar products The order totaled $107.25 before a discount of $40 plus free shipping. The actual total with tax was $70.30. The promo code I used was TRT41 and I had to speak to a customer service rep to get the order through because one item apparently did not qualify for this promo discount. Anyway, I think this is a pretty good deal for anyone thinking about buying a DA Power System. Good luck to all!
Old 03-16-13, 09:53 PM
MelYW
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you get a chance, do a review on this would you please? I dont have a DA polisher as I havent wanted to make an investment on it. The two low cost alternatives are what you bought and the Harbor Freight DA for $48 after coupon.

The advantage I see w the Mequiars is that it is light weight and much more ergonomic to use. W a 3-4 inch pad, however, it takes longer to complete the process.

A regular DA looks heavier and therefore harder to use especially on the sides of the car. Holding a heavy shaking noisy polisher just doesnt seem enjoyable....effective, just not enjoyable...especially for a whole car.
Old 03-16-13, 10:24 PM
monkey92
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

wow i just got done detailing my car with $200 worth of equipment i got last week. why didnt this come sooner?!?
Old 03-16-13, 11:15 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by monkey92
wow i just got done detailing my car with $200 worth of equipment i got last week. why didnt this come sooner?!?
The 7424XP is going to suit you well Carlos, no need to fret, and it's also better to START with that polisher because there's no way you can burn/marr your paint with that polisher and it also packs enough of a punch if you get the correct pads/products also that you won't need another polisher for now. Once you get the hang of everything then you can step it up to a Rupes or something.
Old 03-17-13, 05:44 PM
monkey92
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The 7424XP is going to suit you well Carlos, no need to fret, and it's also better to START with that polisher because there's no way you can burn/marr your paint with that polisher and it also packs enough of a punch if you get the correct pads/products also that you won't need another polisher for now. Once you get the hang of everything then you can step it up to a Rupes or something.
im pretty happy with the results i got with the PC got most of my swirls out. i think detailing might be the new mod bug lol
Old 03-17-13, 09:06 PM
wlpncp
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MelYW
When you get a chance, do a review on this would you please? I dont have a DA polisher as I havent wanted to make an investment on it. The two low cost alternatives are what you bought and the Harbor Freight DA for $48 after coupon.

The advantage I see w the Mequiars is that it is light weight and much more ergonomic to use. W a 3-4 inch pad, however, it takes longer to complete the process.

A regular DA looks heavier and therefore harder to use especially on the sides of the car. Holding a heavy shaking noisy polisher just doesnt seem enjoyable....effective, just not enjoyable...especially for a whole car.
Will do. In the meantime, you can get a lot of info on the DA Power System on the Meguiars Forum.