Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

What polisher shall i get??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-12, 05:46 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I love the Meguiar's Microfiber pad kit. The kit consists of two cutting pads, two finishing pads and a bottle each of compound and a fine polish/finishing wax.

I've owned a PC since March of 1995 and can say without reservation that these are the best pads I've ever used. They work fast, almost twice as fast as foam IMO, and finish out nicely. I'll still use foam for jeweling if needed.

These pads are fast, IME generally twice as fast as foam for removing defects. I can easily two-step a vehicle where I used to need three and the result is every bit as good as the foam route. The microfiber pads are rugged and I've some that have seen over 40 vehicles.

The keys to using these pads is to initially prime the pads properly then apply three pea sized dots of compound to the pad for each pass. The performance of these pads depends upon them being kept clean. The best method I've found for cleaning them is to use my air compressor. I blow the pad clean after every couple of passes. These pads also work best at the speeds recommended.
Old 04-09-12, 03:12 PM
Hulk311
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm also in the market for a new polisher. What are everyone's thoughts on the Meguiar's Professional Dual Action Polisher? It's a dual action polisher for $149.95 with free super shipping.

Amazon Amazon
Old 04-10-12, 02:01 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jj14
In case you decide on getting the Porter 7424XP, amazon is selling it for $89 (after $20 discount applied at checkout).
I ordered it yesterday - make sure you select amazon.com as the seller (even if it isn't currently in stock - and may take up to 3-5 weeks to ship).

I ordered mine from Amazon 2 weeks ago.. Before I saw this thread. Received an AMAZINGLY LOW price. Chose FREE shipping.

STILL YET ..... The Poster Cable 7424XP still showed up in a factory-sealed box in less than 10 days (after ordering) !

Ordered my Meguier's 5" backing plate elsewhere. Highly recommended you use ONLY the Meguiars W67DA DA Backing Plate. If you buy wisely, you CAN find this online for less than $ 22 DELIVERED.

Good Luck to all, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Old 04-17-12, 08:42 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by jfelbab
I love the Meguiar's Microfiber pad kit. The kit consists of two cutting pads, two finishing pads and a bottle each of compound and a fine polish/finishing wax.

I've owned a PC since March of 1995 and can say without reservation that these are the best pads I've ever used. They work fast, almost twice as fast as foam IMO, and finish out nicely. I'll still use foam for jeweling if needed.

These pads are fast, IME generally twice as fast as foam for removing defects. I can easily two-step a vehicle where I used to need three and the result is every bit as good as the foam route. The microfiber pads are rugged and I've some that have seen over 40 vehicles.

The keys to using these pads is to initially prime the pads properly then apply three pea sized dots of compound to the pad for each pass. The performance of these pads depends upon them being kept clean. The best method I've found for cleaning them is to use my air compressor. I blow the pad clean after every couple of passes. These pads also work best at the speeds recommended.
jfelbab, I've been trying to find this, "Meguiar's Microfiber pad kit" to no avail. I'm using that as my search criteria but just cannot find such a kit!!???!! Can y ou direct me to where I can find this kit to order? I have a urgent need to use this for a detail this coming Saturday! Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by Mikey100

I ordered mine from Amazon 2 weeks ago.. Before I saw this thread. Received an AMAZINGLY LOW price. Chose FREE shipping.

STILL YET ..... The Poster Cable 7424XP still showed up in a factory-sealed box in less than 10 days (after ordering) !

Ordered my Meguier's 5" backing plate elsewhere. Highly recommended you use ONLY the Meguiars W67DA DA Backing Plate. If you buy wisely, you CAN find this online for less than $ 22 DELIVERED.

Good Luck to all, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Mikey, I'm ordering my 7424XP right now and I'll take your advice and order the Meguiars W67DA DA Backing Plate as well. Thanks.
Old 04-17-12, 08:54 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by RX469
jfelbab, I've been trying to find this, "Meguiar's Microfiber pad kit" to no avail. I'm using that as my search criteria but just cannot find such a kit!!???!! Can y ou direct me to where I can find this kit to order? I have a urgent need to use this for a detail this coming Saturday! Thanks!!!...
I found the kit here:
http://www.autodetailingsolutions.ne...t-builder.html

and here:
http://www.autogeek.net/da-microfibe...r-kit-5in.html

I'd suggest the 5" kit and do get the W67DA backing plate.

Last edited by jfelbab; 04-17-12 at 08:58 AM.