Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Detailing cost?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-11, 08:28 PM
Luxotic
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you will see a wide range of prices from 100 to 500 and some of the expensive places don't have the results of what you paid .... different places use different products .. I assume the prices will vary depending on the region
Old 04-04-11, 09:16 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im opening up a small detailing business on the side this summer; as I also prepare for my medical admissions test.

Here are my opening prices to attract customers:

Lunch time Special: From 11:30 am -1:00 pm

$7 Exterior wash and Rim Shine

Opening Special:
Exterior hand wash, and Wax, Interior shampoo and Vacuum
cars: $80 SUV/Vans: $90

Basic wash

Cars: $12.00 SUV/Vans: $15

Complete exterior hand wash and chamois dry complete exterior. Wipe all door jams, Rim shine, and tire shine.

Wash & Vacuum

Cars: $25.00 SUV/ Vans: $30

Complete exterior hand wash and chamois dry complete exterior. Wipe all door jams, Rim Shine, Tire shine. Plus complete vacuum of floors and floor mats front to back.

Deluxe Wash & Vacuum

Cars: $30.00 SUV/ Vans: $35

Complete exterior hand wash and chamois dry complete exterior. Wipe all door jams, Rim Shine and Tire Shine. Complete vacuum of floors, mats front to back and vacuum trunk.
Clean all windows in and out. Wipe down dash.

Complete Interior Detail, Royal Wash, Vacuum & Windows

Cars: $50 SUV/Vans:$60

Complete exterior hand wash and chamois dry complete exterior. Wipe all door jams, Rim Shine and Tire Shine. Complete vacuum of floors, mats front to back and vacuum trunk. Clean all windows in and out. Clean and treat all leather interior, vinyl, dash, console,
running boards, doors and door pockets. Blow out all air vents , cracks and crevices.

Interior Shampoo, Complete Interior Detail & Royal Wash

Cars: $100 SUV/Vans $120

Complete exterior hand wash and chamois dry complete exterior. Wipe all door jams, Rim Shine and Tire Shine. Complete shampoo and vacuum of floor s, mats front to back and vacuum trunk. Clean all windows in and out. Clean and treat all leather interior, vinyl, dash, console, running boards, doors and door pockets. Blow out all air vents , cracks and crevices.

Complete Royal treat:

Cars: $150 SUV/ Vans $180

Complete exterior hand wash and chamois dry complete exterior. Clay bar, and Wax exterior. Wipe all door jams, Rim Shine and Tire Shine. Complete shampoo and vacuum of floors, mats front to back and vacuum trunk. Leather/ cloth conditioner. Clean all windows in and out. Clean and treat all leather interior, vinyl, dash, console, running boards, doors and door pockets. Blow out all air vents , cracks and crevices. Engine degrease, and wipe down.

What do you guys think ?
Old 04-05-11, 05:59 AM
luda42688
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Details have many different meanings. Make sure you know what their going to do before you buy. an $85 detail may sound like a good deal but 9 times out of 10, all it is is a wash and wax, vacuum and wipe down the interior. If you're not good with power tools or have a good eye, i wouldn't touch a good buffer. (i'm not talking about the 20 dollar orbital buffer at wal-mart) A powerful buffer in the wrong hands can do hundreds of dollars worth of damage let alone adding to paint swirls that you hate!
It's always good to learn but be advised if you burn through your paint, it's a pain in the *** to fix.
Old 04-05-11, 08:38 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

@ NVTHSLEX
Ontario Canada?
Old 04-05-11, 08:44 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
^That's what I've been getting into lately. Learning about all the different products and their uses. It's been definitely more than a hobby for me, to the point where I'll just start detailing family and friends' cars. They always ask how much I charge, and I honestly tell them that I don't want anything because they're all family to me. But it's nice to get paid to do something that's enjoyable.
Wanna be friends?
Old 04-05-11, 09:22 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by NVTHSLEX
Im opening up a small detailing business on the side this summer; as I also prepare for my medical admissions test.

Here are my opening prices to attract customers:

Lunch time Special: From 11:30 am -1:00 pm

$7 Exterior wash and Rim Shine

Opening Special:
Exterior hand wash, and Wax, Interior shampoo and Vacuum
cars: $80 SUV/Vans: $90

Basic wash

Cars: $12.00 SUV/Vans: $15

Complete exterior hand wash and chamois dry complete exterior. Wipe all door jams, Rim shine, and tire shine.

Wash & Vacuum

Cars: $25.00 SUV/ Vans: $30

Complete exterior hand wash and chamois dry complete exterior. Wipe all door jams, Rim Shine, Tire shine. Plus complete vacuum of floors and floor mats front to back.

Deluxe Wash & Vacuum

Cars: $30.00 SUV/ Vans: $35

Complete exterior hand wash and chamois dry complete exterior. Wipe all door jams, Rim Shine and Tire Shine. Complete vacuum of floors, mats front to back and vacuum trunk.
Clean all windows in and out. Wipe down dash.

Complete Interior Detail, Royal Wash, Vacuum & Windows

Cars: $50 SUV/Vans:$60

Complete exterior hand wash and chamois dry complete exterior. Wipe all door jams, Rim Shine and Tire Shine. Complete vacuum of floors, mats front to back and vacuum trunk. Clean all windows in and out. Clean and treat all leather interior, vinyl, dash, console,
running boards, doors and door pockets. Blow out all air vents , cracks and crevices.

Interior Shampoo, Complete Interior Detail & Royal Wash

Cars: $100 SUV/Vans $120

Complete exterior hand wash and chamois dry complete exterior. Wipe all door jams, Rim Shine and Tire Shine. Complete shampoo and vacuum of floor s, mats front to back and vacuum trunk. Clean all windows in and out. Clean and treat all leather interior, vinyl, dash, console, running boards, doors and door pockets. Blow out all air vents , cracks and crevices.

Complete Royal treat:

Cars: $150 SUV/ Vans $180

Complete exterior hand wash and chamois dry complete exterior. Clay bar, and Wax exterior. Wipe all door jams, Rim Shine and Tire Shine. Complete shampoo and vacuum of floors, mats front to back and vacuum trunk. Leather/ cloth conditioner. Clean all windows in and out. Clean and treat all leather interior, vinyl, dash, console, running boards, doors and door pockets. Blow out all air vents , cracks and crevices. Engine degrease, and wipe down.

What do you guys think ?
Fair prices. GL though, in Ottawa [yeah i'm local to ya] that's about average so you need to get out there in terms of business. Kijiji is flooded with the same or better prices with established businesses or personal detailers like me.

I charge my customers 120-160$ for a wash/interior vaccum cleanup shampoo/ tire dressing/quick wax or detailer on exterior... That's 3-4 hours working time, pricier if i have to spend more than 5hrs on a heavily soiled car.

Where you located in the city? [side note, my buddy Peter took pics of your car a few times - small world ]
Old 04-05-11, 09:29 AM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
Fair prices. GL though, in Ottawa [yeah i'm local to ya] that's about average so you need to get out there in terms of business. Kijiji is flooded with the same or better prices with established businesses or personal detailers like me.

I charge my customers 120-160$ for a wash/interior vaccum cleanup shampoo/ tire dressing/quick wax or detailer on exterior... That's 3-4 hours working time, pricier if i have to spend more than 5hrs on a heavily soiled car.

Where you located in the city? [side note, my buddy Peter took pics of your car a few times - small world ]
Alright thanks for the input, the business is actually in Gatineau. I am buying the building off the owner hopefully in a few months...

I will use kijiji and other forms, getting a website and cards for now. But the downside of Gatineau is that one needs to know a fair bit of French.

Your prices are pretty competitive, it would be hard to match... But this is just a side business for me, got to focus on my medical admissions test this summer as well.

Yea Peter did take the pics, excellent photographer. Will ask him again when June rolls around for my interior build.

Last edited by NVTHSLEX; 04-05-11 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-08-11, 01:30 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Dex334
I would be oh so happy to get that type of job for only $450. Please post if anyone knows of this kind of service offered in South Florida. Seems like a deal to me.
If only you were closer..
Old 04-08-11, 02:03 PM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 209 Likes on 81 Posts
Anyone in NorCal try AJ's auto detailing?

http://www.ajautodetailing.com/
Old 04-10-11, 12:19 PM
infiniti24
Lead Lap

A detail can mean many different meanings.

For example

when I detail cars I start with a 2 bucket wash and then a cleaning soap to remove old wax residue and other contaminates. Then I clay the entire car. Rise the car off and dry. Clean the engine bay and polish the exaust tips and any other metal. Then I can either do a 1 stage to 3 stage on the paint depending on the person and the amount of time needed for the correction. Once I am through with that I apply the wax which also varies for each car and what works best for what color etc. Then I clean the interior and trunk. I also apply wheel wax. Let cure on my break then hand wipe. I then apply the tire treatments and 303 the interior. I then apply a sealent to the windows and clean the inside of the windows as well. all of that I usually charge about 400 starting. However thats just me and what I offer. My price may be higher but you get what you pay for. For instance I use Swissvax vs some cheap stuff from walmart. So be careful on who you let detail your car and also ask for a portfolio of some of the work they have done to get a better understanding of that they are capable of doing.

BTW the min time I spend on a car for all of that is 12hrs if I bust my *** other wise it can be up to 15hrs