Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

still amazed how clean this int. is myself.. what cleaners?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-04, 11:14 AM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still amazed how clean this int. is myself.. what cleaners?

Last night while doing my laundry I cleaned and conditioned the leather, front and back, although people take care of a car, they don't do the little things.. like conditioning leather, so some places are all hard and rough. I got the mequiars leather cleaner and conditioner in one. I've been a big fan of Lexol, but just saw the meguiars all in one and figured I'd try it. I'd like to get the seats back to plush status. How often should the seats be conditioned? Friend of mine said if I do it once a month it should eventually soften up.

A poster on audiworld.com shed light to me on a product called PLEXUS, which I highly recommend, its a plastic cleaner and polisher, great for the clear plastic on the instrument clusters of most cars, also works great on household appliances, like I used it on the plastic housing of my Sony Wega and it comes out very nice and clean.

I just used some of the plexus and some Black Magic interior stuff, it does a decent job without being all greasy and oily. Wasn't sure if anyone has some suggestions of interior products to use on the toyo/lexus interiors to prolong life and looks.

I also notice the sunroof shade is brown where it retracts, and I'm wondering what some good stuff would be to use to scrub that off.

I'm including some pictures since I only posted one..

is it worth removing the oem phone? I'd rather have the middle console storage? any FAQ's or info for gutting the phone?

Last edited by sourcemine; 11-24-04 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-24-04, 12:29 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang, your interior is really clean....

I use the Lexus brand Cleaner and Conditioner....not because it's the best, but because I get it for free

Just clean your interior regularly and don't neglect it like I did mine
Old 11-24-04, 01:35 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's up dude? To soften up your leather a friend of mine cleans the seats with Lexol cleaner then conditions the seats with a thicker leather conditioning cream such as Connoly Hide Food or something similiar. Then he places a dry cleaning bag over the seats and parks the car in the sun so the seats really soak up as much of the conditioner as possible, best to use clear dry cleaning bags with no colorful designs on them.

Another somewhat inexpensive thing I would do if I were you is contact Steve Ganz or Gordon at Carson Toyota and get yourself a new e-brake boot, that would also spruce up your interior a bit
Old 11-24-04, 01:38 PM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

Originally posted by mikeloc24
What's up dude? To soften up your leather a friend of mine cleans the seats with Lexol cleaner then conditions the seats with a thicker leather conditioning cream such as Connoly Hide Food or something similiar. Then he places a dry cleaning bag over the seats and parks the car in the sun so the seats really soak up as much of the conditioner as possible, best to use clear dry cleaning bags with no colorful designs on them.

Another somewhat inexpensive thing I would do if I were you is contact Steve Ganz or Gordon at Carson Toyota and get yourself a new e-brake boot, that would also spruce up your interior a bit
Yeah how much are the new boots? I cleaned it up but it's all cracked.. don't want to spend the money on the momo, but it looks nice in that guys car..
Old 11-24-04, 01:43 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by sourcemine
Yeah how much are the new boots? I cleaned it up but it's all cracked.. don't want to spend the money on the momo, but it looks nice in that guys car..
like $30 I think. I need to get one too but I'm just too lazy When are you leaving for your trip? It's gonna be hellafied at LAX tonite, I have to pick someone up and I'm NOT looking forward to it...
Old 11-24-04, 01:49 PM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

Originally posted by mikeloc24
like $30 I think. I need to get one too but I'm just too lazy When are you leaving for your trip? It's gonna be hellafied at LAX tonite, I have to pick someone up and I'm NOT looking forward to it...
Taking a 9:45pm flight from LB, I love jetblue.... I'll arrive in Ft. Lauderdale at 6:45am tommorrow morning... I'm going to head home after work, pack, and head down there, maybe get some dinner or a drink down there.. not risking the traffic..

think it would make sense to go down fairfax to la cienga versus hoping on the 405..
Old 11-24-04, 02:32 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Any route you take will have traffic if you leave after or @ 3pm (which is in 30 minutes). I'd probably take LaCienega just past the LaDera center (LaCienega and Centinela) and hop on the 405 from there. You'll probably save 15 minutes that way because of all the traffic that'll be on the 405 until you get to the Inglewood area.
Old 11-25-04, 09:51 AM
audphile1
Pole Position

I just did my interior too. Used Lexol cleaner and then conditioned it with Zaino Leather in the Bottle. Awesome stuff. I do have the Meguiar's all in one cleaner/conditioner, but found it not to be as effective as separate cleaner such as lexol and separate leather conditioner such as Zaino. But if the interior is very clean, you can either maintain it with the all-in-one Meguiar's or just a leather conditioner. Once a month I think is too often, but if the leather feels dry, why not. I am also interseted how to clean that brownish line ont he moonroof shade. May be upholstery cleaner would work? I would prefer something that would not use too much liquid, caus I don't think it's a good idea to make it too wet.
Old 11-26-04, 06:33 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man that is really clean nice job

come out to jersey to do mine lol
Old 11-26-04, 04:04 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

I'm jealous...
Old 11-26-04, 10:27 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

lol hey quit complaining about the cleaness of your car and drive it more...hehe...jk enjoy your ride man if you take care of her...she will always take care of you!

CEO