Old 09-22-13, 02:53 AM   #10
LScowboyLS
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

@vatoloco
Send a message via Yahoo to LScowboyLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by billymild View Post
I just need to change the oil first, then the transmission fluid, TB and water pump next.
be sure and use genuine Toyota T-IV transmission fluid from the dealership, there is no real acceptable substitute on this!

on oil, choose a great synthetic 5W-30 or 0W-30 such as Pennsoil Ultra, Pennzoil Platinum, Mobil 1, Vavoline SynPower or Castrol Edge -----> German Castrol 0W-30 and Pennzoil Ultra 5W-30 are the Ferrari of motor oils for your car, however both can be hard to find!

if you want to treat the car to a great oil filter, hunt down the original part number Toyota p/n 90915-20004 (made in Japan by Nippon Denso) that came on the car (hard to find but available at Elmhurst Toyota for $8.50 I think) or if you are an oversize filter man, here are some other great filters

you are in luck on the timing belt/water pump kit - you can get all of the real Toyota OEM parts for the crazy price of $205 here - this includes AISIN Water Pump, KOYO Idler Bearing, KOYO Tensioner Bearing, NTN Hydraulic Tensioner, Mitsuboshi Timing Belt - which are all the original equipment brands. All that stuff would be $600+ at the dealership! - There may be cheaper sellers, but none I trust.
LScowboyLS is offline   Reply With Quote