December 2003 Featured Car
Screen Name: Turbo'd_Wxman
Profession: TV meteorologist
Car model: Lexus ES 300
Car year: 2002
Engine size: 2JZ-GE 3.0 Liter
Color: Intensa Blue Pearl
Powerhouse Racing Stage 2 Turbo
- PHR Cast Steel Exhaust Manifold
- Garrett GT-60 Turbocharger
- 2.5” Intercooler Piping
- Large Spearco Front Mount Intercooler
- HKS Super Sequential Blow Off Valve
- PHR 3mm Head Gasket Spacer
- APR Head Stud Kit
- 3” HPR Heat Coated Turbo Midpipe and Downpipe
- 3” Air Intake Piping
- PHR 17.5mm Fuel Rail
- Denso 720cc Injectors
- 6AN Fuel Lines
- Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Toyota Supra TT Fuel Pump
- Motec M4 ECU
- Powerhouse Racing Clutch
- Ceramic Coated and Polished Intercooler & Intercooler Piping, Intake Piping, and Intake Manifold
- Blue Silicone Hosing
- IPT Blue Carbon Fiber Underhood Pieces
- Blitz Oil Cap
- Blitz Radiator Cap
- HKS Carbon Fiber Titanium Exhaust
- Zeal Function B6 Coilovers
- TRD Racing Sway bars
- Authentic JDM Hippo Sleek Front Bumper
- Authentic JDM Vizage Side Skirts
- Authentic JDM C-West Rear Bumper
- Painted Calipers
- Mirror Tint
- HKS EVC IV Silver Limited Edition Boost Controller
- Apexi EL II Boost, Fuel Pressure, and Exhaust Gas Temperature Gauges
- Custom Blue Dash Lights
- Leatherseats.com Blue Leather Interior including Seats and Doors
- Custom Blue Painted Dash and Door Pieces
- TRD Gauge Pod
- IPT True Aluminum Dashkit Pieces
- Powerhouse Racing Short Throw Shifter
- Lowenhart BR-5 Wheels – 18x8.5 +45 offset all around
- Bridgestone Potenza SO-3 Tires – 225x40 front / 255x35 rear
What led you to buy a Lexus?
I bought my Lexus IS 300 in October 2001 after a lengthy decision process. I broke it down to the BMW 330ci and the Lexus IS 300. I chose the IS 300 for a few reasons. First, the engine is the infamous 2JZ engine from the Supra, which would work well with my modifications planned in the future. The body was spectacular, and again, it would work well with some of my planned modifications as well. Finally, the reputation for quality of Lexus is so superior to BMW that I just could not spend this kind of money on a car from a company I could not trust.
I am convinced I made the right decision, as well. Since putting on the body kit, I cannot even tell you how many people break their necks as I drive by. The engine has been everything and more than I can have hoped for. PHR pulled 540 rwhp and 549 rwtq on my car with stock internals on the engine. If that is nota true representation of quality, then I do not know what is.
I am a tornado and hurricane chaser. I have been lucky enough to see 54 tornadoes including two F5 and three F4 tornadoes as well as three major hurricanes. I also enjoy bodybuilding around five days a week.
This car was built to be a full show car and full race car. The most expensive of the modifications to the exterior of the car are mostly done, but additions are always just around the corner. As for the power, I am still on a stock transmission with a PHR clutch and stock flywheel. I would like to strengthen the transmission part of the equation in the future, but I cannot give any time frame on that. Once the transmission is stronger, then I may consider adding a bit more horsepower to the car.
I will like to show at Nopi Nationals in 2004 and as many major local shows as possible.
Why you chose to modify your Lexus?
I wanted the power of the Supra in 4-doors. I think in many ways I have been able to accomplish that. The IS 300 has amazing auto-crossing abilities which makes the suspension mods just come alive on the car. I truly am not sure there is a car out there that could have fit my needs better than what my IS 300 has done for the last two years.