ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/wheels-tires-and-brakes-forum-76/)
-   -   Opinions on this wheel from Volk (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/wheels-tires-and-brakes-forum/70373-opinions-on-this-wheel-from-volk.html)

Jerry_Supra 01-11-03 09:29 PM

Opinions on this wheel from Volk

I've been searching for wheels for the SC I'm purchasing this coming week. I've found a new Volk wheel and wanted ya'lls opinion.

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/merchant/supramkiv.shtml

Need to scroll down to the Volk GT-7's

Sunkist 01-12-03 06:34 AM

This is a very nice wheel but I can tell you from my experience that you will be waiting that 60-90 days special order from Rays Engineering in Japan. Im pretty sure Makin Industries does not stock 18x9,18x10 wheels with the correct offset for the SC. But when you actually go and order any Volk wheel you will be very satisfied with the quality and finish of them. The only other design I would think about putting on the SC would definately have to be the GT-C wheels.

Jason

psychot|K 01-12-03 05:52 PM

the GT-7's are nice but i got a few more which i like better

from volk i think the GT-P's would look amazing on a 2000 body style SC400, just cause the GT-P's look more modern which would have to be complimented by a more modern body style.

from racing hart i can see the C2's on any SC400. the multi spoke design, complimented with the 3 piece design (perhaps a nice negative offset for a nice rear wheel lip) would be a killer combination on such a beefy car like the SC400.

but of course this is just my opinion :)

SilverBolt 219 01-12-03 06:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I thought I'd make life a little easier for everyone, here's the pic. I like them, they're nice, get them! ;)

howiedoit 01-12-03 06:34 PM

the gt-7's look awesome, as do the rest of the gt wheels :)

Jerry_Supra 01-12-03 08:53 PM

Originally posted by Sunkist
This is a very nice wheel but I can tell you from my experience that you will be waiting that 60-90 days special order from Rays Engineering in Japan. Im pretty sure Makin Industries does not stock 18x9,18x10 wheels with the correct offset for the SC. But when you actually go and order any Volk wheel you will be very satisfied with the quality and finish of them. The only other design I would think about putting on the SC would definately have to be the GT-C wheels.

Jason

Would the Supra offset in that size work on the SC? I was just wondering because everyone told me to put on my Supra chrome wheels and let it be. I really miss my WIDE wheels on my old Supra. I was even considering putting the same CCW wheels on the SC. Here's some pics.
www.boostaholic.com/jerrysupra

howiedoit 01-12-03 08:58 PM

supra wheels should fit the sc

Sunkist 01-12-03 09:21 PM

You dont need to go into negative offset for to get the deep dish. For the GT-7, GT-C, and GT-U they have 3 different dish types for each offset. You could maintain pretty much the factory offset or just vary from +35 to +42 and have a lip as small as 1" or as wide as 4. Ther is a complete chart on the wheel offset and lip size on www.raysengineering.co.jp

Jason

PS- I'm going to order the 18x8 and 18x9 GT-7 for my 2001 CL next week. I also have the CE28N's in 16x8 on my 1999 Prelude. I think with the Lexus I might just get the GT-C with the low type face so I have a 4" Lip

Onelove 01-12-03 09:44 PM

I love CCW's :) Got those on the white hardtop right now. Few friends have them on their viper. My friend Marshall put them on his SC while he waited for his new volks, and lets just say don't put CCW on a SC :) But lips are really nice :)

lex400sc 01-12-03 10:53 PM

I don't really care for six or seven spoke wheels. I prefer five spoke or mesh.

GS4Will 01-13-03 02:29 AM

Sunkist..really, you waited that long(60-90 days)? YES, they are special order from japan, which, imho, is good so you can get any size/offset/disk type you want.

i just ordered a set for a buddy here in LA, and they will arrive by mid-end of Feburary. from my experience, most of time, 3-8weeks for wheels to come from japan.

Richie 01-13-03 04:09 PM

I like them!!

Jerry_Supra 01-14-03 11:23 PM

The question now is silver or gunmetal finish on a black on black SC.

howiedoit 01-15-03 12:10 AM

i waited about 3-4 weeks for my volk order...

gunmetal on black