ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/wheels-tires-and-brakes-forum-76/)
-   -   Wheel weight needed (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/wheels-tires-and-brakes-forum/198130-wheel-weight-needed.html)

shiwen 01-27-06 12:41 AM

Wheel weight needed

I am debating between 19" Axis Milano+ and 19" Maya DTM. Can't find wheel weight on the DTM's anywhere. Any help appreciated. Milanos are 25 & 26 lbs (front and rear, 8.5/9.5)

I know a few guys on here have 20" DTM. I'll take your wheel weight as well if it's the best available.

Thx

rominl 01-27-06 01:43 AM

i have 20s trafficstar dts. traffic star makes wheels for maya, so it's the same stuff. and dts and dtm weights are about the same. i don't know the exact weight of my wheels, but they are heavier than my hre, which are 25 and 26lb front and back (light for 20s).

my dts, they are probaly 3-5lb heavier i would say. hopefully that could be a bit reference for you

shiwen 01-27-06 11:38 AM

thanks for your input Rom

I talked to mike at dazz imports (phone # on maya website) and he said nobody really knows the exact weight. he estimates 30-32 lbs per wheel.

he sold me on the 3 piece wheel vs the 1 piece. while talking to him i found the trafficstar website in japan and realized they are the same as the mayas, just more color choices & different cap (i guess cap size is drilled diff too). mike confirmed. then i saw the trafficstar dts, fell in love and to my horror mike told me they are discontinued! I like them so much more than the axis milano's.. ah well. i think i am going dtm.

Rominl, what brand of tires do you/have you run on your trafficstars?

rominl 01-27-06 12:32 PM

they are discontinued"?! hardly.... the maya dts, maybe. but the trafficstar dts is definitely still out there. i got mine just this past july.... just coz' dazz doesn't (or can't i don't know) get the dts from trafficstar doesn't mean it's discontinued. and there is a resaon why the dts is still on trafficstar website :)

in fact, the dts, they just changed center cap design a few months ago. i had the older style (imho better) shield looking caps, but the new ones is metallic caps. and i also like the trafficstar dts more coz' it has the trafficstar logo engraved on one of the spokes.

i have trafficstars dts on sc430 and the stm on gs400.

dts:
20x9 and 20x10.5 with 255/35/20 and 285/30/20. 3.5" lip in the back

stm:
20x8.5 and 20x10.5 with 245/35/20 and 285/30/20 3.7" lip in the back

shiwen 01-27-06 01:41 PM

who did you get your dts wheels from?

thanks for the detail on availability.

Neo 01-27-06 02:10 PM

I'd go for Trafficstars too over the Mayas. Yes same wheels but if you want to keep the car JDM, go for the original Japan nameplate. ;) Many outside the JDM circle will not recognize the Trafficstar (vs Maya) name, though. I don't know if that is important to you.

shiwen 01-27-06 02:33 PM

i would go for the trafficstars too..

but i don't think i can touch their prices with what i can get the maya's for. i am looking at $2550 for 19's (dtm, staggered). all the trafficstars i can find online are WAY more expensive. Close to $800 per wheel vs. $640?

dealer info appreciated

rominl 01-27-06 03:14 PM

i got it through a friend but unfortunately that link is kinda broken now, so contact is lost :(

and pricing? let's just say that i got my dts and stm air shipped from japan in 3 weeks (from ordering), and even the air shipped price was way cheaper than the price autobarn (sp??) quoted me. and i remember it was cheaper than the maya from dazz as well.

bottom line you just need to have a good contact. no way traffic star will be more expensive. think of it this way, they make the wheels, sell it to dazz for a margin, and then sell it to you for another margin. would that be more or if trafficstar sell it to you directly?

GSXOTIC 01-27-06 04:18 PM

I preferred Trafficstars also.... heeeheee I am bias... :D :D