Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

Looks like I may have gotten a raw deal - BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-02, 06:16 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Looks like I may have gotten a raw deal - BEWARE

I bought a Wheel/Tire 'package' from someone (at this point I'm still hoping the situation is going to be resolved so I won't say who this is at this time).

The wheels were improperly poorly packaged and damaged in shipment. Because they weren't properly packaged, the shiping company refuses to honor any type of claim attempt.

At this point, the seller feels that these are the type of chances you take when buying used merchandise and that since I already got the 'deal' for less than half price, I should just accept the wheel package as is.

I found out that the damaged portion can be replaced for a total cost of approximately $200.

I have made an offer to the seller to compromise by each of us paying for half the replacement/repair because I do believe the improper packaging was not intentional on the part of the seller.

The seller has stated getting back to me tomorrow.

I have put a 24 hour limit on my offer so stay tuned!

If the deal goes though, I keep the identity of the seller to myself!

...but everyone be warned to make sure your sellers properly package things for shipment!!!
Old 08-09-02, 06:31 PM
mr who
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just want to say to the seller if he's reading this...he should make things right. lets try to keep the lexus and clublexus community top notch, and respect your fellow enthusiast. unfortunately the product was damaged, ***** happens. do the right thing. good luck ceboyd
Old 08-10-02, 07:49 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Default newest update!!!

This seller apparently often buys wheels to resell and has offered me $50 (the seller claims this is their only profit on the sale).. but so far I have seen NO money or any confirmation of send payment (much less $50 in my paypal account).

Mind you I still have to pay close to $150 to get things fixed up right. I'm still not very happy but at this point I'll take what I can get.

I just hope this person follows through with the measly $50 because otherwise I'm prepared to take legal action and let this board know who this seller is so everyone knows ahead of time if buying wheel related lexus stuff!
Old 08-11-02, 04:00 AM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ceboyd, just wondering, what type wheels did u get? Hope everything works out as i know i would hate getting something that was as important as rims being ****ed up when they got to me. Good luck
Old 08-11-02, 06:36 AM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Default o.k. final update

I got the $50 back from the seller. Now I have to get the appropiate stuff fixed.

They were 18" wheels with tires mounted and were damaged in shipment due to improper packaging.

So for future reference everyone: When buying wheels, PLEASE make sure your seller knows how to properly package them for shipment so that a) they are covered in case of damage and b) you don't get the damage in shipment in the first place!
Old 08-11-02, 11:30 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is why i have tons of cardboards and boxes ready.....
Old 08-12-02, 10:45 AM
lunasea
Rookie

Default Not Good Enough

This has also happened to me. You mentioned that this person buys and resells wheels. He should know better. What is his/her name. Exposure is the only protection that we have. I buy items from individuals over the internet, and the seller gets the money before shipping, and the buyer has no leverage except for EXPOSURE.
Old 08-12-02, 01:11 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Default well..

I hope the seller has learned a lesson on proper packaging for any future business!

The seller had told me that no one else every complained.

I don't think the seller purposely tried to scam me but the end result is I have to pay more than I thought to get what I want.

I gave my word that I would not expose the seller if an agreement for refund was reached. I did get $50 back to so I intend to keep my word. I am a person who keeps a promise when I make one!
Old 08-12-02, 01:25 PM
NVMYGS3
Lead Lap

*sigh* I feel for ya man , really , I do (being a moderator for the classifieds, I see stuff like this all the time). There are just many different definitions of "used" and "like new" that it's scary. Scratches to one might not be a big of a deal to another but whenever I purchase anything, even if it's a dollar and especially for my car, I'm really really picky cuz it's my baby.

But I think that packaging is very important because we're not dealing with retailers and we're not dealing with happy postal workers with no money back gurantee. Me, I don' buy anything used till I see it.

Hope everything works out for ya.
Old 08-13-02, 11:30 PM
Carolinaboy
Driver

just wanted to say that DOLUCK SC knows his shipping ...He packages my rims very well and took pics while he was packaging them. Thanks doluck
Old 08-14-02, 02:44 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's a tip:

do not use hard foam between the box and the face of the rim. use large foam sheets and a layer of bubble wrap if possible. mine were shipped pretty well and all but one box had foam sheets. the one without the sheet had a foam block that occasionally supported the entire weight of the rim on that block. so, the foam was able to scratch the spokes there the support was.
Old 08-14-02, 08:18 AM
UTGS400
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your misfortune ceboyd.

You know in the business world, if the item you purchased is damaged in shipping, it is entirely the sellers fault, not the buyers. In no way should you have to suffer due to poor packing on the sellers part. I think you should have made the seller pay the fix cost or you should return the wheels. Damaged goods is NOT a "chance" you take in buying a new product.

If the seller is reading this, step up and fix the problem, don't make the buyer compromise. It is YOUR fault...not the buyers.
Old 08-18-02, 02:22 PM
pearlywhiteGS400
Driver School Candidate

ceboyd,
Please let ne know what kind of wheels and tires were sent as i bought a set of 18's 3 weeks ago and they were conveniently lost in shippment. and the guy says he was sending out a replacement cashiers check two weeks ago and i have seen nothing i think i smell a rat! then again what does a rat smell like???????????

if you want you can e-mail the info

d.burley@source4elect.com

Thanks
Pearly
Old 08-18-02, 11:19 PM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

FYI...

Will does a good job packing.

He checks out the wheels and then adds extra paper and cardboard.

Mine arrived in perfect shape.

Ryan
Old 08-18-02, 11:53 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does anyone know how Blitz ships their rims? I assuem that they do an excellent job but im just wondering as i am getting some in sept. (unless they get pushed back yet again)

Quick Reply: Looks like I may have gotten a raw deal - BEWARE