VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Stock Camber Adjustment on 03 Gs430

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-14, 12:05 PM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock Camber Adjustment on 03 Gs430

Having some Leon Hardiritt's built for my GS. They are rather Mild in the rear 19x10 +27. Not wanting to shave or roll my rear quarters and unfortunately my Stance coil overs don't have camber adjustment. I've read that the stock lower control arm has a bolt that can adjust negative camber up to -5 which should be plenty for my needs. Is this true?
Old 02-12-14, 07:05 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

19x10 +27 is pretty mild. depends how low u gonna go, to be safe i think its better to shave/roll the fender. gotta pay to play. and just keep the stock camber, not sure if it can go up to -5. i doubt it tho.
Old 02-12-14, 10:36 AM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by masboy
19x10 +27 is pretty mild. depends how low u gonna go, to be safe i think its better to shave/roll the fender. gotta pay to play. and just keep the stock camber, not sure if it can go up to -5. i doubt it tho.
I've built several "Stanced" cars and pretty much lived by those words. I'm done with that. When it comes to selling the car it loses value when the fenders are all pulled out and looks ridiculous when the stock wheels and suspension is put back on. I'm not making that same mistake on this car. Its virtually Mint with only 72k. Basically suspension and wheels is all I'm doing. I go through cars quite often. It will be an easy resell when I return the stock suspension and wheels on it. Nothing is worse then I highly modded car (exhaust/body kit etc.) sitting on stock wheels trying to resell. I had these wheels built to spec to allow me to keep the fenders clean and un-molested. My current setup in the rear is ISF reps 19x8 +30 on a 245/40 and I have maybe 2mm between the tire and the fenders inside lip with the rear being as low as I want it. My new setup is 19x10 +27. Based off the stretch on the tire it has an almost identical outside point.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php...et2=27#content

I'm hoping that it clears the same as my current setup. My main question was the ability of adding negative camber from the stock LCA if necessary. I'm pretty confident that the little bit of camber it will allow me to adjust will be enough for it to clear without any modifications to the fender.