VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

UAS Aero Sport Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-14, 09:21 PM
dangtheheo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you for the input. it's very helpful

if i can't have AVS, then i'll have to live with that. i'm not afraid of doing a custom setup (coilover dampers + bags) if it means i'll have a more reliable setup. any input on what the most reliable bags have been?
Old 01-08-14, 07:51 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have yet to hear anything bad about Air Rex most of the rest I have heard have blown after a short time
Old 01-10-14, 12:42 AM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dangtheheo
thank you for the input. it's very helpful

if i can't have AVS, then i'll have to live with that. i'm not afraid of doing a custom setup (coilover dampers + bags) if it means i'll have a more reliable setup. any input on what the most reliable bags have been?
Well, there is that one guy who posted a few posts back, about using his UAS bags for almost 8 years, so I'm pretty sure the UAS bags are reliable. AirRunner seems to be the best of the best of the best air suspension options, but AirRex has them beat for price/functionality, though AirRex hasn't been around for long so I don't think there are any long-term reviews available yet. For me, I'm just going to go UAS bags + coilovers on my LS400. Here's a video of a GS F-Sport bagged on AirRunner struts:
Old 01-10-14, 03:56 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

cool video, cool car
Old 01-10-14, 10:07 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sc0pe
Well, there is that one guy who posted a few posts back, about using his UAS bags for almost 8 years, so I'm pretty sure the UAS bags are reliable. AirRunner seems to be the best of the best of the best air suspension options, but AirRex has them beat for price/functionality, though AirRex hasn't been around for long so I don't think there are any long-term reviews available yet. For me, I'm just going to go UAS bags + coilovers on my LS400. Here's a video of a GS F-Sport bagged on AirRunner struts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1CDHDyqEEw
Air Rex actually has been around almost as long as Air runner. Air Runner just spends more on marketing. They are both great strut packages, but for the money Air Rex will win hands down.
Old 02-16-14, 01:14 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Kicking this back up.

So what would make the AirREX setup better/worse than the UAS in a LS application, specifically the UCF20s?
What would you say justifies the extra $350-500+/- over other "user-assemble" options?

What are the differences between the "high performance rolling sleeves" their engineers choose for each specific application? how many options are there? I do not see any specs of the bags used or what the differences are between them.

Looking at them spec to spec (at least by what is posted), the UAS+BC's seem like the better package: cheaper, more dampening adjustment, better shock design, not to mention the warranty for the BC's seems to be infinitely better considering i can find no mention of any warranty on the AirRex site.

just curious why some guys say they are better.... besides the obvious application specific issues like the GS mentioned previously.
Old 02-17-14, 01:30 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

for the cost BC and UAS is a great package, the only problem is the free floating bag issue if you don't get the billet mounts which run a extra 175. Air Rex has the same warranty as every other company. The Air rex dampers are 12 way vs the 32 of BC. The cost is about the same once you factor in brackets fittings and coils ca a built for your car bolt in kit. The sleeves are for each car application some cars can have them will other cars need to have bellows for weight and ride quality.